• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh, and DmC Dante asked me to relay these pictures in his defense.
2048x1280.resizedimage

2048x1280.resizedimage

2048x1280.resizedimage

Can DmC Vergil, DMC3 VERGIL or DMC DANTE DO THIS? :p

That was the best mod.....I've seen in a while since....

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Give it another few years or so and Dante would easily smash DMC Vergil. I have a high-respect for both characters as they were both a part of my childhood memories. So I'm not going to go all "DmC or DMC fangirl".

Dante already has incredible strength and a diverse set of weapons at his disposal. And with a Devil Trigger that can distort time and space, manipulate time to a certain extent, and immobilize enemies high within the air. Rendering them unable to move or do anything, unless they just so happen to float down to the ground. Within a few years I feel like DmC Dante will easily surpass DMC Vergil in power. DMC Vergil can't accept his human side, which he needs in order to fully master his powers. Dante on the other hand is more that prepared to accept every side of himself, in order to defeat his opponents.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
That's only applicable if ever we're gonna get a sequel for DmC(Which i'm sure will happen)and DmC Dante already surpassed him in terms of raw power.

So basically me and Bazilcian or whatever his name is?
If you find yourself in my comment then yes.
I didn't reffer to anyone specifically because I don't want to argue with anyone,and also because there are many others.
I don't want it to sound harsh,but that's what I think personally.Sorry for any inconvenience.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
If you find yourself in my comment then yes.
I didn't reffer to anyone specifically because I don't want to argue with anyone,and also because there are many others.
I don't want it to sound harsh,but that's what I think personally.Sorry for any inconvenience.

Why are you mad though? It's just two people expressing their opinion on a dream fight.

IncarnatedDemon

Give it another few years or so and Dante would easily smash DMC Vergil. I have a high-respect for both characters as they were both a part of my childhood memories. So I'm not going to go all "DmC or DMC fangirl".
You realize that NTDante is around the same age as DMC3Vergil? So by the logic of "Give NTDante another few years or so and he would easily smash DMC Verigl", your basically ignoring fact that Vergil would grow much stronger too in another few years as well?
DMC3 Vergil shows katana use that seems to be above NTVergil´s level. Just look at this gif.

7957_vergilkill.gif

^ Gif belongs to DarkSlayer, dont use it please :p

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
old vergil was cut in half at the waist and fell off of a waterfall, but that doesn't stop him from picking himself up and attacking mundus head on. New vergil is stabbed through the chest, dies (almost dies? I was never clear on that), and goes to the afterlife/near death hallucination where he explores his feelings on why he was jealous of dante. The new dante and vergil, this being an origins story, are currently at the stage of their lives where they are not yet immune to impaling.

Old vergil also had a lot of nasty tricks in his kit that the new one didn't, like homing teleport helmbreaker spam, and his famous "maximum vergil" attack. Mind you, this is all based on my opinion, but the old vergil fight just felt much more difficult than the new one, and if new dante had a hard time beating new vergil, he doesn't stand much of a chance against the old one

IncarnatedDemon

The new dante and vergil, this being an origins story, are currently at the stage of their lives where they are not yet immune to impaling.
There is no "immunity" in DMC 3, for Dante or Vergil, either you have insane high regeneration or you dont.
This isnt poison, where "Ok , this poison cant affect me".
Dante and Vergil was not immune to impaling or pain, they simply regenerate fast.

In beginning of DmC, NTDante had what i would call "pretty weak" regeneration. The guy slept more than 2 hours, sleep the time when regeneration should be at maxium, and when he woke up...the scratches (presumable from strippers) were still on his back.
And then he used a healing ability to heal himself, not to be confused with regeneration.
But at end of DmC NTDante seemed to have regeneration on the level of DMC3Dante in beginning of DMC3.

Either that was a plothole (NTDante not regenerating shallow wounds from strippers after having slept for more than 2 hours) or...his regeneration isn´t as high as original Dantes.

DragonMaster2010

There is no "immunity" in DMC 3, for Dante or Vergil, either you have insane high regeneration or you dont.
Dante and Vergil was not immune to impaling or pain, they simply regenerate fast.

In beginning of DmC, NTDante had what i would call "pretty weak" regeneration. The guy slept more than 2 hours, sleep the time when regeneration should be at maxium, and when he woke up...the scratches (presumable from strippers) were still on his back.
And then he used a healing ability to heal himself, not to be confused with regeneration.
But at end of DmC NTDante seemed to have regeneration on the level of DMC3Dante in beginning of DMC3.

Either that was a plothole (NTDante not regenerating shallow wounds from strippers after having slept for more than 2 hours) or...his regeneration isn´t as high as original Dantes.

Or maybe that was the point of NTDante's healing in that he hasn't fully gotten a hold on his powers, and therefore can't heal automatically yet.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

regeneration for him and vergil must be the equivalent to how we break down bacteria in our mouth. we can only really do it while we're awake

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Given how much vitality one can regenerate per tick during DT, I think Dante wins out on that. Although that's segregation of gameplay and cutscenes. Dante still takes those chainsaws to the neck like a champ, though.

Reactions: Jak

IncarnatedDemon

Regeneration is something that happens automatically. And it works best when your resting i.e sleep.

If you have to be awake to regenerate - then thats not regeneration. Unless the fictional universe´s laws states otherwise.

And Dragon, DMC3 Dante had not gotten full controll of his power (i.e devil trigger), and he could easily tank wounds. And it was severe wounds too.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I prefer to just think about it all as DMC inconsistencies born from the fact that half of what happens in DMC is played for coolness points, instead of trying to establish a congruent set of universal guidelines :p

IncarnatedDemon

I prefer to just think about it all as DMC inconsistencies born from the fact that half of what happens in DMC is played for coolness points, instead of trying to establish a congruent set of universal guidelines :p
I understand what you mean. But sometimes your asked to answer a question or find an answer, and then you cant help but relay on these things even if they may have been done for coolness points.

Anyway, the scene where Dante has scythe blades pierced into his body is definetly a "cool point" scene.
But i dont think this scene is that much for coolpoints. And it displays Dante being able to tank a bullet to the head. The scene embraced the idea that Dante has high speed regeneration, and in contrast to opening mission of DMC3, Dante wasnt doing anything absurd.

DragonMaster2010

I understand what you mean. But sometimes your asked to answer a question or find an answer, and then you cant help but relay on these things even if they may have been done for coolness points.

Anyway, the scene where Dante has scythe blades pierced into his body is definetly a "cool point" scene.
But i dont think this scene is that much for coolpoints. And it displays Dante being able to tank a bullet to the head. The scene embraced the idea that Dante has high speed regeneration, and in contrast to opening mission of DMC3, Dante wasnt doing anything absurd.

It went to the part where Dante cuts out of Leviathan's eye.

Top Bottom