• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Dante VS DMC3 Dante

DmC Dante VS DMC3 dante

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Everything is cool here dude.

That wasn't the point. The message was for these threads to stay 'cool' so to speak.

Yes, some may say that people have stopped the arguing in a thread, but that doesn't mean that nothing happened for us to need to step in with a few chosen words of our own.

We're not trying to act as if we're disciplining anybody here, rather the contrary. We're trying to be reasonable with you.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Of course DMC3 Dante would win hands down. However I always feel like fights like this were comepletely unfair.

To the arguement of swordsmanship comparison, DMC3 Dante's swordsmanship is impractical and based on the matter of "cool" which allows him to use a sword like a pro despite him having next to no strict training at all. Unless they have a kendo school in the ghetto, DMC3 Dante's swordsmanship should be as lousy and full of holes as DmC Dante. But again; "rule of cool".
Same could be said about gunmanship but who knows.

In terms of power, its like I said before; just because he can twirl a gun around good doesn't mean it equals power. DMC3 Dante shows off most of the time. DmC Dante doesn't. If DmC Dante did show off then this discussion would be treated differently. DmC Dante is based in western realism and his fighting style isn't anime "cool" factoring, but rather the type of strength and fighting style you would expect from a guy on the street who fights demons that no one else sees. He wont fight DMC3 Dante on equal grounds of showing off but rather it'd be like Nero fighting Dante in DMC4; unmatched and just ODante ****ing around.

I always feel like threads like this are just a ploy to wanting to prove how weak DmC Dante is compared to the older Dantes when really we've never seen how nDante actually fights demons in cutscenes. For all we know he might show off while fighting them too but its up to the player to do the showing off instead. (if we use Michellegun201 as a bases of nDante showing off, then he'd stomp DMC3 Dante in the showing off factor since DMC3 Dante doesn't seem to know much ariel manuvors if we base this fight on pure gameplay) But these consideration seems to always fly out the window whenever we have these versus threads, or as I like to call them; "How Can ODante Stomp NDante in this Thread?"

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah of course DMC3's Dante swordsmanship is impractical. Realism is not exactly a thing in Devil May Cry. However, in comparison to nDante, his style does seem more expert (still take this word in relation to the over the top nature of Devil May Cry), even in some of his show offs.
He keeps his feet on the ground to begin with (well, except for launchers, obviously). Doesn't trip on his feet when swings his sword and doesn't lift his feet from the ground. Things that nDante does with his regular Rebellion combo or Death Coil for example.

DragonMaster2010

Yeah of course DMC3's Dante swordsmanship is impractical. Realism is not exactly a thing in Devil May Cry. However, in comparison to nDante, his style does seem more expert (still take this word in relation to the over the top nature of Devil May Cry), even in some of his show offs.
He keeps his feet on the ground to begin with (well, except for launchers, obviously). Doesn't trip on his feet when swings his sword and doesn't lift his feet from the ground. Things that nDante does with his regular Rebellion combo or Death Coil for example.
Again; its what you'd expect from a guy raised on the streets fighting demons vs a dude who fights based on law of anime cool. Its like a gang member whose only known how to swing a baseball bat vs a trained swordsman. Its obviously not a fair fight but yet threads like this come up knowing damn well who the winner would be. So what's the point?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok, I'm not very expert on anime, but even in anime I see characters fighting doing little jumps and always lifting their feet from the ground when they do what is supposed to be a ground attack. Which oDante doesn't do.

But I get your point.

DragonMaster2010

Ok, I'm not very expert on anime, but even in anime I see characters fighting doing little jumps and always lifting their feet from the ground when they do what is supposed to be a ground attack. Which oDante doesn't do.

But I get your point.
Well its like Ichigo from Bleach. How the hell can a guy whose had next to no proper training in swordsmanship be able to fight toe to toe people who have had 1'000 of years of sword training?
The same can be said for how Dante in DMC3 can fight so well with a sword when he's had no proper training? We can use the excuse of it coming from back when he was a child, play fighting with Vergil, but so did nDante and as an adult he fights brashly based on how he grew up. (then there's the memory whipe from Sparda)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@ef9 o shea once told me both Dante and Vergil in DMC received training from Sparda when they were younger, and that's how Sparda decided to give Vergil Yamato and Dante Rebellion.

Viper

Premium
I thought Sparda died before they were born.
The part of canon regarding Sparda and when and how he vanished is messy. But logic says he had to stick around long enough to know he will have two sons, and that for one he will need to make Rebellion, while the other gets Yamato.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I thought Sparda died before they were born.
It's never said how old Dante and Vergil were when their father disappeared. But we don't know anything about Dante's childhood other then he was orphaned, it's never really said he was raised in a 'ghetto'. Maybe he was trained by a friend of his parents' (Some people like to believe Eva was a demon hunter) Also a character with enhanced reflexes should be adapt at learning to fight. Hell I also wouldn't be surprised if classic Dante learned to fight mimicking action movies.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
In terms of power, its like I said before; just because he can twirl a gun around good doesn't mean it equals power. DMC3 Dante shows off most of the time. DmC Dante doesn't. If DmC Dante did show off then this discussion would be treated differently.
Like I said I find DMC3 Dante has more impressive feats. That's how I pick who I think would win. If someone said to me "Hey AgentRedgrave, who would win in a fight? Gary Oldman Dracula, from Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) or Luke Evans Dracula from Dracula Untold (2014)?" even though I like the 92 movie more and Gary Oldman's my favorite Dracula, I'm going with Luke Evans cause that motherf@#ker can turn a swarm of bats into a giant fist, and take on an army of 1000 men by himself, as a newborn vamp (For anyone who doesn't know, vampires get stronger with age)

He watched Bruce Lee movies for sure LOL
lol Probably

Last edited by a moderator:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yes yes, why can't we just state what we think and no need to argue what one stated, especially with this kinda of thread.. and both Dante can die guys, unless you're damn good and don't need any vital star or gold orb, *wink wink.. or so to say..

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Again; its what you'd expect from a guy raised on the streets fighting demons vs a dude who fights based on law of anime cool. Its like a gang member whose only known how to swing a baseball bat vs a trained swordsman. Its obviously not a fair fight but yet threads like this come up knowing damn well who the winner would be. So what's the point?
I thought that ndante could stand a chance against DMC3 Dante that's why I chose him and not DMC4 Dante that would be really unfair

Last edited:

tehrugger

Banned
Wow, only one vote for DmC Dante. I knew that DMC3 Dante would be winning but not like that XD.

On-topic: DMC3 Dante all the way. For reasons that have already been stated on this thread. But I don't think it would be an easy fight. People underrate DmC Dante's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom