• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Dante VS DMC3 Dante

DmC Dante VS DMC3 dante

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I'm personally basing my opinion on the fact I find DMC3 Dante's feats more impressive. Also the post said the only weapons would be their swords and handguns
I say this cuz classic Dante has way too many wepons even if they're just from DMC3 Also I'm not sure if we should include dt's or not that's up to u guys but styles are included excluding doppelganger but DmC Dante can use any skills since none are too overpowered like classic dantes except his devil arms

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You can't even get a gauge on their strength that well, especially when it comes to the inconsistency of Dante in the original series. So it's hard to say. I think they're on pretty even playing fields in a hypothetical battle. But of course, most people are gonna say DMC 3 out of pure bias around these parts. Let me guess, I bet you guys think Goku can beat Superman too.

I still say they just chill out with some pizza bullshitting.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
How many times you can twirl a handgun in your hand doesnt always equal power.
I still find his feats more impressive

Not to mention DMC3 Dante's a better fighter. Just look at how they swing their swords. DmC Dante just hacks with Rebellion. DMC3 Dante actually swings like a trained swordsman.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
But of course, most people are gonna say DMC 3 out of pure bias around these parts.

Kinda uncalled for dude, so if someone says Dante from DMC3 will win that must mean that are nothing more than a biased fanboy?

It has nothing to do with them honestly measuring up who has the best abilities and most powerful weapons at their disposal to gain a accurate gauge of what the two could be capable of in a hypothetical battle?

I just think its unfair to make the statement that MOST of the people here who are in favor or DMC3 Dante winning only are so due to pure bias and nothing more.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Kinda uncalled for dude, so if someone says Dante from DMC3 will win that must mean that are nothing more than a biased fanboy?

It has nothing to do with them honestly measuring up who has the best abilities and most powerful weapons at their disposal to gain a accurate gauge of what the two could be capable of in a hypothetical battle?

I just think its unfair to make the statement that MOST of the people here who are in favor or DMC3 only are so due to pure bias and nothing more.
Don't cherry pick my comment to make me look like I'm trying to start something.

It's hard to get a gauge on Dante's strength. I say they're both on about even playing fields and can go either way, Dante in the latest game can summon an insane amount at times too but whatever. I'll say it again, they don't fight. They chill and eat pizza.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Don't cherry pick my comment to make me look like I'm trying to start something.

I'd hardly call such a straight forward statement such as that me cherry picking anything, wasn't trying to paint you out as starting something just called it like I saw it.

The funny thing Is I actually AGREE with your point that they are actually even in a straight up fight.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

As I said above its a straight forward statement, can't cherry pick what he made clear which was that he believes that most of the people who say DMC3 Dante would win are doing so purely out of bias.

But I'm done with this conversation, its obvious where its heading and you jumping into the fray doesn't help, but I can honestly say its not a surprise.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Everyone lets remember not to argue I don't want this thread getting locked
Well... I did warn you guys that threads like this tend to lead to arguments, regardless of the OP's intentions.

Let's just agree that they wouldn't fight. Even if they did decide to engage in some practice sparring, then it would most likely end up being a draw in any case.
but my intention was never to start anything.
Anyone here who wasn't looking to start a flame war already knew that.
How was he strawmaning exactly? Like he said it was a straightforward comment
A straightforward accusation that was completely groundless. We're dropping this line of argument now, otherwise it would be considered thread derailment. It's done.

Back on-topic:

Both Dantes would give each other a run for their money. End of story.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not to mention DMC3 Dante's a better fighter. Just look at how they swing their swords. DmC Dante just hacks with Rebellion. DMC3 Dante actually swings like a trained swordsman.

True. I mean, his style is still pretty crazy and over the top, but I get your point, at least he doesn't trip when using Rebellion ;)
And since Styles are allowed, DMC3 Dante is a total win. Royalguard would make him unbeatable.

So yeah, given DMC3's Dante superior regen factor and skill in swordsmanship, I say he will most likely win.

However, I don't think the fight will last short. We all know how oDante likes to play with his opponents. I imagine the fight this way, with nDante trying to break through oDante's defence in every way possible, while he just evades or parries taunting, until he gets bored and delivers the final blow.

I don't think he would kill nDante though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ladies and Gentlemen I appreciate that you are trying to keep the talks alive by asking each other to keep it cool, however there will still be very little tolerance or patience for these threads. These threads have a history and I appreciate that people still want to talk about the subject, therefore, if rather than say your peace and then leave the thread you still want to participate then there is still the ignore function, if you just can't see eye to eye.

At the end of the day, these threads always end the same way, with people thinking the same thing they did before they walked in. I don't see people convincing each other very often and soon it all turns to argument. I'll leave this open for a bit longer but there will probably be very little tolerance from the other mods so don't be surprised if it doesn't last too long.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Vergilius: Your point about forgetting them fighting each other etc kind of completely overlooks the point of this thread.

As berto has said, these types of threads have a bad history. Even to the point where they weren't even allowed and were locked right away. You see, we're being tolerant here. But you guys have to keep up your end of the bargain and keep these threads from arguments. Otherwise if we can't reason with you this way then we'll be going back to disallowing them all over again. Which would be a shame to some.

For the most part I kind of feel like these threads should just have us give our choice and maybe some reasons as to why we picked what we did, then leave it at that. There's no reason or point in nitpicking at somebody's choice or opinion. Simply learn to respect it.

This thread shall stay open, for now, at the OP's request. However, should things turn sour, you are all aware of the consequences that will follow.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom