• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC compromises part 1: Dante

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Do you just like repeating bs rumors as if its fact? NT did not stop making console games, and Capcom was not referring to "outsourcing" like DmC, did you know that resident evil 6 was developed in house, but around 450 people around the world helped make it in some fashion. That was the outsourcing they were referring to in that investor report. Also, capcom is so done with outsourcing that they have strider coming out, which is being made by a company called double helix, oh wait thats not capcom, I guess they're still "outsourcing".
How would I know that? I'm not an RE fan, as a matter of fact, Devil May Cry is the only Capcom series that I'm a fan of. Also, excuse me I'm just saying what I heard. As far as I knew it wasn't "bs rumors". As for Strider, I never even knew about that game. Ya wanna correct me when I'm wrong? That's fine, ya don't have to be an @$$ about it.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I hope you don't mind, but
Do you just like repeating bs rumors as if its fact? NT did not stop making console games, and Capcom was not referring to "outsourcing" like DmC, did you know that resident evil 6 was developed in house, but around 450 people around the world helped make it in some fashion. That was the outsourcing they were referring to in that investor report. Also, capcom is so done with outsourcing that they have strider coming out, which is being made by a company called double helix, oh wait thats not capcom, I guess they're still "outsourcing".
tumblr_md52q21L7d1qh01r8o1_r1_500.gif

This_IZ_Sparda!

Anyway, i guess for the short leather jacket look, it can work but for only as an optional costume setting or something in my opinion (no, i'm not encouraging DLC's with prices)

I would rather Dante wear something short but for the sake of keeping it traditional.

6b09ddf42f4dc755412a1b918500db876f578bfb

It looks British indeed,but Dante is more the comfortable guy,and not so elegant,I'd see Vergil wear this instead xD.

Dude that's all irrelevant, DmC Dante isn't British. The Union Jack flag on his sleeve was only NT's way of giving themselves a shout out. Do any of the characters sound British?

Well,NT are british,and we have that Union Jack flag, I don't know for sure,but maybe there are some major hints? xD

I'd sound weird for Dante to swear with a british accent.

Yeah, but not Classic Dante fab.

Also no you didn't just bring Thrift shop into this...I see now I'll have to kill you. (JK)
Oh,come on,I used to buy from Thrift shops,now I still do,and that song made me feel fab that I was buying stuff from there. Also,I knew it became hella lot mainstream,it was my intention to bring it here. xD

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well,NT are british,and we have that Union Jack flag, I don't know for sure,but maybe there are some major hints? xD

Nah, it's already been mentioned above, the Union Jack is just a nod to NT being a UK dev, and because punks (a culture Dante is modeled after) often wore the Union Jack or other flags on their clothes - especially patches.

Nah, it's already been mentioned above, the Union Jack is just a nod to NT being a UK dev, and because punks (a culture Dante is modeled after) often wore the Union Jack or other flags on their clothes - especially patches.
Oh,I see.Thanks for telling me. :D
Well,I think it would have been funny to see a rebellious Dante with a weird british accent,especially when he swears. (like in that stupid tv show Geordie Shore,I watched that once,never watched it again)
But a british accent would fit Vergil. xD
(I have a thing for accents like these)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh,I see.Thanks for telling me. :D
Well,I think it would have been funny to see a rebellious Dante with a weird british accent,especially when he swears. (like in that stupid tv show Geordie Shore,I watched that once,never watched it again)
But a british accent would fit Vergil. xD
(I have a thing for accents like these)

To be fair, Dante swears a lot less then one Jersey shore episode.

Also
6b09ddf42f4dc755412a1b918500db876f578bfb

This picture practically LOOKS like Vergil with the way he holds that umbrella.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i wouldn't mind it if dante changed a little bit. i really do like his current attitude now, but if they want to go for a slightly older version of the character, then they can make him more like constantine. i wouldn't have an issue if they did that. his attire should stay the same for the most part though. jeans and his jacket.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think a problem with the sequel is trying to balance maintaining the DMC flavor and also finding its own path since there was all this hooplah and controversy over the changes that Capcom turning DmC2 into a carbon copy of DMC would make the fact that they made the reboot feel a little pointless.

A way to do that would be to find stories that the classics didnt do, like having Dante learn how to be a hero. At the end of DmC, he proclaims himself humanity's protector so lets see him deal with the responsibilities and the fallout of his actions.

That could be something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Costumes and clothes are tricky since they marketed the reboot as modern and contemporary so I think it would be better if they just created new looks for him.

They could bring in DMC1/DMC2 outfits as cameos because they could be stuff his dad wore. DMC4 outfits is too busy and unappealing to me as its too over indulgent.

Best bet would be the outfit from the Ps3 teaser trailer as its more sleek and elegant and actually looks like something people could wear.

AcidX_Y

Costumes and clothes are tricky since they marketed the reboot as modern and contemporary so I think it would be better if they just created new looks for him.

They could bring in DMC1/DMC2 outfits as cameos because they could be stuff his dad wore. DMC4 outfits is too busy and unappealing to me as its too over indulgent.

Best bet would be the outfit from the Ps3 teaser trailer as its more sleek and elegant and actually looks like something people could wear.
And they chose the cowboy outfit.... That's basically a longer version of the Classic skin.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think Capcom should really just do what Square did with XV and just get some funding from a really stylish clothing company, and then have them design the outfits for the characters as advertising for the game. Final Fantasy has been pretty well-known for having stylish characters, but a franchise that uses STYLISH as part of its design philosophy could benefit greatly from it as well.

Top Bottom