• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC compromises part 1: Dante

The Final Offer

Dude that's all irrelevant, DmC Dante isn't British. The Union Jack flag on his sleeve was only NT's way of giving themselves a shout out. Do any of the characters sound British?

Please, tell me how Dante's preference in clothing is irrelevant.

Now tell me why you chose to miss "I'm not saying he's only suitable for UK fashion."

His entire style is based off of fashion in the UK.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dude that's all irrelevant, DmC Dante isn't British. The Union Jack flag on his sleeve was only NT's way of giving themselves a shout out. Do any of the characters sound British?

The second reason for the union Jack was because back then, punk rockers and punks in general use to wear union jacks on their sleeves.

Looked pretty American to me. It doesn't matter that NT is from the UK, hell the next DMC, wither it DMC5 or DmC2, will more then likely be made by Capcom, since they quit outsourcing and NT quit console games
Do you just like repeating bs rumors as if its fact? NT did not stop making console games, and Capcom was not referring to "outsourcing" like DmC, did you know that resident evil 6 was developed in house, but around 450 people around the world helped make it in some fashion. That was the outsourcing they were referring to in that investor report. Also, capcom is so done with outsourcing that they have strider coming out, which is being made by a company called double helix, oh wait thats not capcom, I guess they're still "outsourcing".

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Do you just like repeating bs rumors as if its fact? NT did not stop making console games, and Capcom was not referring to "outsourcing" like DmC, did you know that resident evil 6 was developed in house, but around 450 people around the world helped make it in some fashion. That was the outsourcing they were referring to in that investor report. Also, capcom is so done with outsourcing that they have strider coming out, which is being made by a company called double helix, oh wait thats not capcom, I guess they're still "outsourcing".

Jeez dude, no need to be rude.

Plus when Capcom says outscorcing, I assume they mean games that they gave to other companies to work on, thus DmC is still part of that category.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble Final Offer, but Dante isn't supposed to be from "across the pond", as it were. There's a bit of the UK in DmC's various designs, because NT played off of a few things they know - like what Tameem joked as "more security cameras per square inch". However, Dante is very much sorta just an everyman sans a nation. He doesn't represent any one kind of country, but the culture of the disenfranchised who are inheriting a broken world.

Huh, now that I didn't know. Thanks

Not only back then. There's still a style for showing off flags just because it's fashionable :tongue:

Here's DMC creator himself sporting one.
ecetia.com.wp-content.uploads.2008.05.kamiya.jpg

Jeez dude, no need to be rude.

Plus when Capcom says outscorcing, I assume they mean games that they gave to other companies to work on, thus DmC is still part of that category.
But they really don't, I just hate this being repeated over and over. Because people always put emphasis on the line, decline in quality due to outsourcing and imply that it refers to DmC, when that is clearly not the case. Resident Evil 6 was outsourced, it received generally poor reviews from the gaming press and public, that was the game they were referring to when they were talking about decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.

Just to add, outsourcing is generally the process of using cheaper outside help in order to lower costs during production, so you would have some guys in budapest or india doing some code work for the game, etc. This is not something like hiring a triple AAA third party developer like Ninja Theory.

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
From what I know, the reboot DOES take place in America, or at a non-monarchy. Mundus was even speaking to a president in one scene.
It wasn't even specific on which president. The term "Mr. President" may be used mostly in America, but it can be used anywhere else (depending on language, of course, and whether the country's government is presidential or parliamentary).

picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

Someone help this guy understand.
I'm doing that now.

Another reason for the Union Jack flag is that DmC Dante has the look of some dude from the UK Punk movement during the 70's and 80's. DmC Dante's blach hair is that of a mohawk, a typical Punk hairstyle.

The Final Offer

Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble Final Offer, but Dante isn't supposed to be from "across the pond", as it were. There's a bit of the UK in DmC's various designs, because NT played off of a few things they know - like what Tameem joked as "more security cameras per square inch". However, Dante is very much sorta just an everyman sans a nation. He doesn't represent any one kind of country, but the culture of the disenfranchised who are inheriting a broken world.

Not only back then. There's still a style for showing off flags just because it's fashionable :tongue:

Here's DMC creator himself sporting one.
ecetia.com.wp-content.uploads.2008.05.kamiya.jpg

I'm saying Dante's made from a western company and he's into the fashion of the UK. We don't know what other fashion he's into or could be into. I'm saying we should determine how he'd look based off of what we know about his preference in clothes.

Let's be honest here, we never had a Dante that was stable enough to determine what he likes in fashion. On top of that these are games years apart from one another with different teams working on them. So, based off of the teams we have 4 different styles in the same universe. Where-else in the DmC universe we have one.

Again, if NT is continuing DmC, I believe Dante will doubtlessly have another union jacket on or some type of fashion from the UK.

In short, I'm trying to narrow it down.

Top Bottom