• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC compromises part 1: Dante

The Final Offer

Sorry, misread.

Better yet, out of all the hairstlyes you chose...why Rambo?

2c1.gif

Angsty McBitch cry is the LAST person I want new Dante to be based off of.

Well if you guys want him more like DMC3/4's Dante with a dash of himself.

b6C0vEM.gif

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I actually want him to be more like a DARK take on DMC1 Dante. Similar to how he was a dark take on DMC3 Dante in the first DmC

As for why I chose Rambo's hair, I guess it's because it looks like a more western version of DMC1 Dante's, it looks like someone who just came out of battle.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Personally what I have in mind
Bring Reuban Langdon back . As for personality , hmmm maybe something a bit closer to Dante's personality in the first game. As for look, for the most part the classic Dante skin from DmC, but with a couple of changes, 1 The right sleeve isn't torn off 2 The coat's color scheme is closer to the DmC coat (mostly black but with red lining/details), 3 Either a black or dark gray t-shirt, or (I kinda got this from Nero, but I changed the colors) a dark red muscle shirt with a black hooded vest. Least that's what I have in mind

This_IZ_Sparda!

I both agree that he should be an improvement to the first game's look and at the same time retain a dash of the classics. As much i as love the reboot, the classic should not be forgotten.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
COOL, CONSTANTINE. I'M BRINGING MYSELF TO READ THE COMICS. The movie may have been a far cry from the comics, but hell, i think Keanu did well

Keanu Reeves did...okay. it didn't feel like Reeves carried that sort of on edge cockiness from he comics and went with a more arrogant sophistication.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I really liked Sam D's idea of "The Growth of Dante". Maybe inspiration would start there.

And I also liked ToCool74's idea of a mix between "old" and "new" "Dante"s! Right now, I'm acting like these Dantes. But I'm a mix of DMC1, DMC3, and DmC Dante, who are my top three fav Dantes in that order (but the latter two are tied)!

AcidX_Y

I have seen your points, and have edited the OP to be more of a compromise rather than just flat out bringing back original Dante.
I don't see much of a difference, your still asking for it to be a DMC5. Your pretty much saying they should change everything that they can possibly change back to something that fits the original.

Rolanthas

Hmm, I try to imagine what new Dante would wear as his proper " Demon Hunter" costume. In DmC he just put on whatever was available. Maybe he'd go for something resembling Vergil's attire, only with a red hue? I hope he doesn't continue the bum-ish look, since it seemed like more of a necessity thing rather than a fashion statement.

I really like the voice actor, and I saw numerous little nuances in the performance that accentuated Dante's thoughts and inner turmoil. I really don't agree with the dead eye comment, facial mimics and features are actually what NT always does best, and they did it brilliantly ( However, I also agree that Vergil's whole performance was much, MUCH more nuanced, yet so subtle that all the foreshadows and psyche cracks flew right past most people I know).

All these questions are inevitably tied to one key thing, "Who is Dante at the end of DmC?". Starting out, he clearly identified as a rebel. After meeting Vergil, he is identified as a Nephilim, half angel half demon, and his job now is to solely hunt down demons. Towards the end, killing demons is not his main motive, it's protecting Kat, who kinda symbolizes the human race to him. By the end, he loses his Nephilim "identity" when clashing with Vergil, fully putting protection of mankind above all else. And well, obviously he is very distraught about who he really is, since he can't identify as a Nephilim after seeing what his twin brother, the only other Nephilim he met, actually is. His whole reference point for who he was up to that point had been Vergil, who in the end let him down.

So this is something NT will have to answer. Everything, from his looks to his voice actor, is tied to how NT identifies Dante from this point on. Rebel? Hunter? Saviour? I really hope NT doesn't go over dramatic and give a grand "Saviour" presentation. I like my Dante with cheese.

The Final Offer

Alright look. All of the tastes for DmC 2 Dante in this thread aren't even the norm in the UK. Do not forget that's where he's from.

I've personally never been (Got a gf that's from the UK though) but I'm sure it'd broaden my horizons and give me a sense of awkwarity (it's not a word) if I were to step into a club or something. SO! Let's do some research and find something suitable for DmC Dante.

I'm not saying he's only suitable for UK fashion. I'm assuming he's a pure bred because he represents it on his sleeve.
m5_NMBjzKTDJNgMdtMe2Q2g.jpg

I would rather Dante wear something short but for the sake of keeping it traditional.

6b09ddf42f4dc755412a1b918500db876f578bfb

Last edited:

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Alright look. All of the tastes for DmC 2 Dante in this thread aren't even the norm in the UK. Do not forget that's where he's from.

I've personally never been (Got a gf that's from the UK though) but I'm sure it'd broaden my horizons and give me a sense of awkwarity (it's not a word) if I were to step into a club or something. SO! Let's do some research and find something suitable for DmC Dante.

I'm not saying he's only suitable for UK fashion. I'm assuming he's a pure bred because he represents it on his sleeve.
From what I know, the reboot DOES take place in America, or at a non-monarchy. Mundus was even speaking to a president in one scene.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

m5_NMBjzKTDJNgMdtMe2Q2g.jpg

I would rather Dante wear something short but for the sake of keeping it traditional.

6b09ddf42f4dc755412a1b918500db876f578bfb
Dude that's all irrelevant, DmC Dante isn't British. The Union Jack flag on his sleeve was only NT's way of giving themselves a shout out. Do any of the characters sound British?

Top Bottom