• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5, the psycological evaluation of Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRose

Kael
Very nice theory, man. Nice enough that it actually shed some light on my hopes for DmC. Like, it all makes sense now thanks to you... XD Honestly, I think there would be less people bashing if they read this theory of yours, because it is VERY accurate. Still, if this Dante corresponds with the one we all knew and loved, why did Taneem call him uncool? -_- Maybe he's pulling our legs, I don't know. He did mention that Dante could very well shape up into the old one by the end of DmC. We shall see...

thank you very much ^^ as for the "uncool" thing, i agree with z218, not that we completely agree with it cause dante will always be cool in my books but the character is "outdated" in some people's opinions. Dante's been around since 2001 i think, making the series 10 years old now and the character's appreance has not taken any "drastic" changes, hense the new Dante, who is definitely a drastic change.

@SRS: i'm getting better XD and i'm feeling better too. lately i've been on a big emotional rollercoaster for some reason (if you truely want further explination message me) and i'm starting to get over it now. and also i'm an artist, and i don't get alot of time to do what i want to durning the day cause i'm either working or my dad thinks i'm being antisocial -_-' so my time is night time (*insert batman theme* nocturnal!) now i'm only staying up till 1-2 in the morning ^^'

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
thank you very much ^^ as for the "uncool" thing, i agree with z218, not that we completely agree with it cause dante will always be cool in my books but the character is "outdated" in some people's opinions. Dante's been around since 2001 i think, making the series 10 years old now and the character's appreance has not taken any "drastic" changes, hense the new Dante, who is definitely a drastic change.
You're welcome, man. Yeah, my thoughts exactly...Dante will stay cool in every Devil May Cry fan's heart. ^^ But like I said, I honestly think Taneem is pulling everyone's legs, because, if this new Dante would shape out into the old one, why would he call him lame? Haha, see what I mean? >_> Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you...After I read your theory, I re-watched the DmC trailer again, and thought it was awesome. XP

RedRose

Kael
You're welcome, man. Yeah, my thoughts exactly...Dante will stay cool in every Devil May Cry fan's heart. ^^ But like I said, I honestly think Taneem is pulling everyone's legs, because, if this new Dante would shape out into the old one, why would he call him lame? Haha, see what I mean? >_> Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you...After I read your theory, I re-watched the DmC trailer again, and thought it was awesome. XP

yeah, i think people need to sit down and breathe about this first before they go out on a roaring, ranting rampage and in the end make themselves look stupid. i've seen tons of videos on youtube of ranters and they all sound like idiots, half of them never read any of the novels or anything either, and when they finaly do they give themselves a facepalm and actualy think about the possible storyline plot, and when you do that and you try to put the pieces together things start making sence.

but despite how convincing my article may be it is still all theory, just a theory pieced together with research and information from the interviews n everything. so all n all i could be completely wrong in the end and "dante" could be thrown in a totaly different galaxy fighting android, biomechanical aliens for all i know. but i do try my best to gain as many facts as i can, and that's all there is to it, and unless someone shows me new information to change my mind, i'm sticking to my theory.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Technically ,I never said Dante was uncool, I was just pointing out how Tameem defined Dante and Bayonetta as uncool.
I personally find Dante to have been a very cool character in DMC3 and Dante's problem was not that he wasn't a cool character. It was that they couldn't make him a compelling character and just lazily put him in things with any effort.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
yeah, i think people need to sit down and breathe about this first before they go out on a roaring, ranting rampage and in the end make themselves look stupid. i've seen tons of videos on youtube of ranters and they all sound like idiots, half of them never read any of the novels or anything either, and when they finaly do they give themselves a facepalm and actualy think about the possible storyline plot, and when you do that and you try to put the pieces together things start making sence.

but despite how convincing my article may be it is still all theory, just a theory pieced together with research and information from the interviews n everything. so all n all i could be completely wrong in the end and "dante" could be thrown in a totaly different galaxy fighting android, biomechanical aliens for all i know. but i do try my best to gain as many facts as i can, and that's all there is to it, and unless someone shows me new information to change my mind, i'm sticking to my theory.
Totally agreed, dude. Honestly, the hardcore DMC fans shouldn't have anything to worry about (Such as yourself), considering you can come up with an amazing theory like this...And anyways, I don't think Capcom would want to destroy the DMC franchise. Its one of their most well-received franchises. People are making it seem so bad...I mean, Capcom's not that stupid y'know. They'll surprise us somehow. And yeah bro I'll stick with your theory too lol. I was like "Damn, why didn't I think of that" XD You brought up valid points though. I'm pretty sure most people would be depressed as fk seeing their mommies being ripped apart before their eyes, and not having a family...I just fking love how everyone doesn't treat Dante like any ordinary human being, and he has to be perfect throughout his entire life (As a teen, etc.), no matter what. That's just stupidity right there.

RedRose

Kael
Technically ,I never said Dante was uncool, I was just pointing out how Tameem defined Dante and Bayonetta as uncool.
I personally find Dante to have been a very cool character in DMC3 and Dante's problem was not that he wasn't a cool character. It was that they couldn't make him a compelling character and just lazily put him in things with any effort.

i know you didn't, sorry ^^' i was refering to "uncool" more as a subject than a quote, i just put the quotation marks as a finger motion kinda thing, i write more or less how i speak, sign language n all XD

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Well since Dante was separated from Vergil at a young age, I don't think we'll be seeing him much in DmC. We probably will in some awesome sequences when him and Dante were kids... ^^

RedRose

Kael
Totally agreed, dude. Honestly, the hardcore DMC fans shouldn't have anything to worry about (Such as yourself), considering you can come up with an amazing theory like this...And anyways, I don't think Capcom would want to destroy the DMC franchise. Its one of their most well-received franchises. People are making it seem so bad...I mean, Capcom's not that stupid y'know. They'll surprise us somehow. And yeah bro I'll stick with your theory too lol. I was like "Damn, why didn't I think of that" XD You brought up valid points though. I'm pretty sure most people would be depressed as fk seeing their mommies being ripped apart before their eyes, and not having a family...I just fking love how everyone doesn't treat Dante like any ordinary human being, and he has to be perfect throughout his entire life (As a teen, etc.), no matter what. That's just stupidity right there.

well thing that people seem to miss is that capcom isn't completely out of the picture, the ninja theory producers said it themselves, capcom's giving them creative liberty with the appreance and controls of the game but capcom's still more or less telling the story, obviously they're going to be changing a few things to make it all fit but for the most part it's still capcom's story. it's not a complete "passing of the torch" it's more of a collaberation really, capcom's pretty much like "hey we'll help your company out a little by letting you jump on this band wagon if you help us make this game more popular." or that's what i believe is happening anyway, Capcom was trying to make the DMC series more interesting by bringing in Nero and introducing the DMC series to Xbox, but it still didn't fly off the shelves like they had hoped i think, so they're observing other games that are getting really popular (take the game Infamous for example) and looking at the style of those games. if you look at Infamous, it's very grungy n everything, hell Bioshock and several other games have that grunge/ steampunk look going. now look at the new dante....hmmmm, idk about you but i see some similarities. Capcom is trying to boost DMC's popularity, but thing about capcom is that they don't really do grunge, so they're handing the "image" to another company so they don't, i guess you could say "sully" their own hands with a completely different style.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
well thing that people seem to miss is that capcom isn't completely out of the picture, the ninja theory producers said it themselves, capcom's giving them creative liberty with the appreance and controls of the game but capcom's still more or less telling the story, obviously they're going to be changing a few things to make it all fit but for the most part it's still capcom's story. it's not a complete "passing of the torch" it's more of a collaberation really, capcom's pretty much like "hey we'll help your company out a little by letting you jump on this band wagon if you help us make this game more popular." or that's what i believe is happening anyway, Capcom was trying to make the DMC series more interesting by bringing in Nero and introducing the DMC series to Xbox, but it still didn't fly off the shelves like they had hoped i think, so they're observing other games that are getting really popular (take the game Infamous for example) and looking at the style of those games. if you look at Infamous, it's very grungy n everything, hell Bioshock and several other games have that grunge/ steampunk look going. now look at the new dante....hmmmm, idk about you but i see some similarities. Capcom is trying to boost DMC's popularity, but thing about capcom is that they don't really do grunge, so they're handing the "image" to another company so they don't, i guess you could say "sully" their own hands with a completely different style.
lol I like you bro, you're awesome. =P I no longer think DmC will suck now. See, I wish I had this type of mindset before about DmC. And yeah I see some similarities...Taneem was on about making DMC fresh again. After DMC4? Pfft, hell yeah this needs to happen. DMC4 wasn't bad but...It was just...A lackluster sequel. First off, the introduction of a new main character. Nero's cool and all but I want Dante TYVM. I got Dante in DMC4, except...in backtracked missions. Wtf? When I'm Dante, I expect new missions, and awesome one liners. Not backtracked missions, same boss battles, and lame one liners. DMC4 wasn't nearly on par with DMC3. So yeah if DmC turns out well...DmC >>>> DMC4.

RedRose

Kael
lol I like you bro, you're awesome. =P I no longer think DmC will suck now. See, I wish I had this type of mindset before about DmC. And yeah I see some similarities...Taneem was on about making DMC fresh again. After DMC4? Pfft, hell yeah this needs to happen. DMC4 wasn't bad but...It was just...A lackluster sequel. First off, the introduction of a new main character. Nero's cool and all but I want Dante TYVM. I got Dante in DMC4, except...in backtracked missions. Wtf? When I'm Dante, I expect new missions, and awesome one liners. Not backtracked missions, same boss battles, and lame one liners. DMC4 wasn't nearly on par with DMC3. So yeah if DmC turns out well...DmC >>>> DMC4.

yeah it did seem like to me that dante was playing mommy in 4 and cleaning up all of nero's "messes" (aka: unfinished boss battles) though i did like the lucifer scene, that was our clasic dante right there. but the agnus scene made me go WTF? o_O' (agnus HATE...he's just about up there with jester for me but at least jester was a littler cooler and more challenging.....-_-' pretty much agnus sucks anus, and hey look at that you take out the g and it spells just that! XD)

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
yeah it did seem like to me that dante was playing mommy in 4 and cleaning up all of nero's "messes" (aka: unfinished boss battles) though i did like the lucifer scene, that was our clasic dante right there. but the agnus scene made me go WTF? :confused:' (agnus HATE...he's just about up there with jester for me but at least jester was a littler cooler and more challenging.....-_-' pretty much agnus sucks anus, and hey look at that you take out the g and it spells just that! XD)
LOL IKR. Yeah I liked the Lucifer scene too but...When I first saw it, I was reminded that Dante... is a pervert. Most people, upon finding that weapon, would just destroy the gate and be on their way. But no, not Dante. Dante, being the extremely sexual being/beast that he is, had to go make thrusting puns to the Spanish guitar. XDDDD And yeah Agnus sucked. Stuttering basterd! lol. And IMO Jester >>> Agnus. Jester was just way cooler lol. Infact, he was like, DMC's version of the Joker. =P Oh yeah, I also loved the "Hah! Check it out! ...It's got wings...!" scene lmfao. What do you think Dante's nationality is btw? I notice a British flag on his jacket for the new DMC game so...Is he Latin, British, Japanese and American? Seems legit lol

RedRose

Kael
LOL IKR. Yeah I liked the Lucifer scene too but...When I first saw it, I was reminded that Dante... is a pervert. Most people, upon finding that weapon, would just destroy the gate and be on their way. But no, not Dante. Dante, being the extremely sexual being/beast that he is, had to go make thrusting puns to the Spanish guitar. XDDDD And yeah Agnus sucked. Stuttering basterd! lol. And IMO Jester >>> Agnus. Jester was just way cooler lol. Infact, he was like, DMC's version of the Joker. =P Oh yeah, I also loved the "Hah! Check it out! ...It's got wings...!" scene lmfao. What do you think Dante's nationality is btw? I notice a British flag on his jacket for the new DMC game so...Is he Latin, British, Japanese and American? Seems legit lol

my theory on the flag, it's a brittish pride thing, the ninja theory company's head is english. besides brittish flag has been used in grunge/punk/steampunk for some time know so it would fit. as for dante's nationality.....idk....caucasian and demon XD that's all i know. and yeah i liked the wings part. "got wings?" XD

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
my theory on the flag, it's a brittish pride thing, the ninja theory company's head is english. besides brittish flag has been used in grunge/punk/steampunk for some time know so it would fit. as for dante's nationality.....idk....caucasian and demon XD that's all i know. and yeah i liked the wings part. "got wings?" XD
Ah. lol Demon xD Well I'm off to bed man, getting pretty tired...Nice talking to you bro ^^ Thanks for following me as well =)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dang guys, you really let this discussion go, eh? XD I'm so lost, I don't have any idea what I should say now, other than that I have full support of this game no matter what happens. ^_^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well since Dante was separated from Vergil at a young age, I don't think we'll be seeing him much in DmC. We probably will in some awesome sequences when him and Dante were kids... ^^
That debatable because in the games it never really said that they weren't growing up together before the events of DMC3 and they did meet each other a year before.

RedRose

Kael
That debatable because in the games it never really said that they weren't growing up together before the events of DMC3 and they did meet each other a year before.

i know it may not be official but it did imply in the mangas that when his mother was killed dante thought they got vergil too. then i would asume later the first novel took place and dante met vergil as Gilver, and then game 3 took place.

RedRose

Kael

it was implyed that in the manga when Dante's mother was killed he also couldn't find vergil. now they most likely grew up a little when they were young but i alos believe they were seperated. then Dante ment Vergil later as Gilver but once again i believe vergil was asumed dead (i haven't read them in a while) which would explain why dante was kinda suprised in 3

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The main problem with dmc cannon is that since it is written by so many writers, you could disregard any story or story development that you dislike where as buffy as it is written by one man or under the supervision of one man, its creator so you can't do the same thing. You dont like that buffy gets together with spike, tough monkeys cause you cant ignore it. but if you don't like nero then ignore it because they didn't have a plan with him anyway.

i also had a anime pitch planned out that took place a couple years before dmc3 with dante and vergil as 15 year olds being raised by their mom's brother jason and cousin nanako as they are trying to live as close as normal lives as they possibly can while hunting down demons especially the one that killed eva. they also seek to gain back rebellion and yamato as they were taken as trophies by said demon plus this series would have showed how they gain the enmity they have in the game. nothing in dmc3 contradicts this plan and i could justignore the prequel to make it work.

RedRose

Kael
The main problem with dmc cannon is that since it is written by so many writers, you could disregard any story or story development that you dislike where as buffy as it is written by one man or under the supervision of one man, its creator so you can't do the same thing. You dont like that buffy gets together with spike, tough monkeys cause you cant ignore it. but if you don't like nero then ignore it because they didn't have a plan with him anyway.

i also had a anime pitch planned out that took place a couple years before dmc3 with dante and vergil as 15 year olds being raised by their mom's brother jason and cousin nanako as they are trying to live as close as normal lives as they possibly can while hunting down demons especially the one that killed eva. they also seek to gain back rebellion and yamato as they were taken as trophies by said demon plus this series would have showed how they gain the enmity they have in the game. nothing in dmc3 contradicts this plan and i could justignore the prequel to make it work.

and that is all completely true, so it's all about what information each individual wants to use. i know the mangas and novels were done by seperate people but they were still looked over and approved by capcom, in fact there's a few pages in the novels specificaly talking about the writer talking to DMC's head creator and getting the novel approved by him, from what he wrote the creator seemed to like the novels. as for the anime...i really don't find it credible for any kind of useful information myself except maybe one episode, where dante was called anthony, but even then, i don't regard it much, not that i don't love it but all the anime was, was fan fodder, just dante doing bad ass stuff for no reason but blood and guts, and i love my blood, guts and voilence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom