• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5, the psycological evaluation of Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Y'know what'd be awesome? DMC mixing with Castlevania, somehow.
Then i think you should read this fanfic by a guy named Dwarfkicker on Devils-lair.org
http://www.devils-lair.org/fanfic.php
Its called "emperor of the night" and its where dante and enzo team up to take down Dracula.
I think you might like it and this guy is my favorite DMC fanfic writer and his model is something i can see benefiting the series creatively because dude gets it.

@RedRose
I get what you're saying but i think i agree with meg when she said it depends on how they choose to execute it because it needs to be done carefully. i think trying to get all mythologies to fit would be suicide but just choose two or 3 that aren't that similar and build from there.

But i just meant for them to try a new setting and new enemy for the series other a rich old dude in a a castle. Like lets have dante fight the miliatary or something. He could discuss movies with Viewtiful Joe and take drawing lesson with Amaterasu.

RedRose

Kael
Then i think you should read this fanfic by a guy named Dwarfkicker on Devils-lair.org
http://www.devils-lair.org/fanfic.php
Its called "emperor of the night" and its where dante and enzo team up to take down Dracula.
I think you might like it and this guy is my favorite DMC fanfic writer and his model is something i can see benefiting the series creatively because dude gets it.

@RedRose
I get what you're saying but i think i agree with meg when she said it depends on how they choose to execute it because it needs to be done carefully. i think trying to get all mythologies to fit would be suicide but just choose two or 3 that aren't that similar and build from there.

But i just meant for them to try a new setting and new enemy for the series other a rich old dude in a a castle. Like lets have dante fight the miliatary or something. He could discuss movies with Viewtiful Joe and take drawing lesson with Amaterasu.

lol dwarfkicker...awesome username XD and yeah i do agree with you there. dante should fight something else...hopefuly in 5 he'll be fighting the government or something, horray for anarchy! XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I had had a game idea where Dante faces off against the Angels from Bayonetta, then demons, and then corrupted angels led by Mundus...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If this game does turn out like your post than that would be a good game. But I'm torn cuz it is a reboot. So maybe their starting all over and creating a brand new DMC story line altogether. Did anyone ever find out what the "reboot" means for this game?

RedRose

Kael
i still haven't heard any information lately, and i've watched all the interviews and everything for the game. whatever they're doing they're playing close to the chest.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If this game does turn out like your post than that would be a good game. But I'm torn cuz it is a reboot. So maybe their starting all over and creating a brand new DMC story line altogether. Did anyone ever find out what the "reboot" means for this game?

The producer from capcom usa, Alex Jones and the creative officer from NT, Tameem said that it is a reboot that tells how Dante becomes the Dante from DMC3 onward

RedRose

Kael
The producer from capcom usa, Alex Jones and the creative officer from NT, Tameem said that it is a reboot that tells how Dante becomes the Dante from DMC3 onward

yeah, that's old news to me, sorry ^^' i haven't heard anything recent from that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well i just put it there for sparda's rejected son so he knows what to deal with and just ignore everything else because they are the ones who know what their saying and not bullshitting.

RedRose

Kael
Well i just put it there for sparda's rejected son so he knows what to deal with and just ignore everything else because they are the ones who know what their saying and not bullshitting.

i know why you put it there it's fine ^^

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
??? Anyway so this game explains Dante's early life leading up 2 his dmc3 and onward life? May I have proof that that producers u spoke of said this please?

RedRose

Kael
??? Anyway so this game explains Dante's early life leading up 2 his dmc3 and onward life? May I have proof that that producers u spoke of said this please?

i'll look for it later but there are a couple interviews from the ninja theory crew that say it. it's like 4 in the morning right now and i really really need to get some sleep

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's all they said and since they said it is a reboot, you should assume the old cannon is thrown out the window.
Look At it this way-
Its like in Batman begins where we saw Bruce's life before he went and became batman and how he trained to become batman as well as the moment were he decided to become a symbol of justice and compassion instead of just a vigilante.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's all they said and since they said it is a reboot, you should assume the old cannon is thrown out the window.
Look At it this way-
Its like in Batman begins where we saw Bruce's life before he went and became batman and how he trained to become batman as well as the moment were he decided to become a symbol of justice and compassion instead of just a vigilante.
I agree I hear the word reboot and I think "out with the old cannon in with the new." And to Redrose dude or chick don't stay that late on the computer thats not good for you dude or chick.

RedRose

Kael
I agree I hear the word reboot
and I think "out with the old cannon in with the new." And to Redrose dude or
chick don't stay that late on the computer thats not good for you dude or
chick.
sitck with dude, and yeah i don't know why i keep doing this to myself -_-'
ug, unfortunate creature of habit

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Very nice theory, man. Nice enough that it actually shed some light on my hopes for DmC. Like, it all makes sense now thanks to you... XD Honestly, I think there would be less people bashing if they read this theory of yours, because it is VERY accurate. Still, if this Dante corresponds with the one we all knew and loved, why did Taneem call him uncool? -_- Maybe he's pulling our legs, I don't know. He did mention that Dante could very well shape up into the old one by the end of DmC. We shall see...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think he meant that Dante's sense of cool was outdated like how DBZ was cool 10 years and TMNT was cool 20 years ago. I think the main problem was that he was a character who was style over substance and if you took away his style he had no substance and that is why we had DMC4 and that is why we nee a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom