• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Dante's motorcycle looks a little demonic so maybe its a motorcycle devil arm? or just stylized?
When I first saw it, I thought of Lucifer because of the motorcycle's reddish eyes, but after looking at it again, its lights are closer in color to Gilgamesh's when it flashes a pinkish red and it has several lights while Lucifer is more of a skull with red eyes. It'd be hilarious if the motorcycle is actually Gilgamesh and Dante explains it as he just found out it could transform into a bike the other day.

Can someone translate?

And who’s Nell Goldstein?
According to the wiki, Nell Goldstein is from the Devil May Cry novel by Shin-Ya Goikeda and is the person who made Ebony & Ivory and possibly Luce & Ombra: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Nell_Goldstein.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I just hope the website and game itself will show more characters than just Nero and Nico.

Dante and Vergil must be heard along with the ladies and a new cast!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Can someone translate?
Google is your friend.

It says that a tree the feasts on blood sprouted from the ground of a mayor city called Redgrave. Nero went there on a mobile store called Devil May Cry to seek something he'd lost. Nico is a self proclaimed 'Weapon's artist' who tags along to build things for Nero, starting with the Devil Breaker, his new prosthetic. It is so powerful it more than compensates for his lost devil hand.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Vergil: (snobby British accent) You there. Boy. Would you be so kind as to return my odachi, the Yamato?

Nero: Uh, no dude. Please leave.

Vergil: (yanks arm out) ←(ಠ_ಠ)→

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
going with wilder speculation now..

story seems to focus on nero, how he stands towards the tree before the dante scene..

story seems like something about family business

the demon lord in the game can be vergil --any chance for that? he's the one having to do with the tree, kinda get the devil bringer vibe from his fingers, and has swordlike something attached to his left arm..

in 3 he raised an ancient tower, in V.. well ancient tree?

how are the chances this mysterious V is a female? being leaner and narrower shoulder and all?

i like the idea of V is dante's kid, more if it's a girl, and has a dark hair too..

Demonic Skeleton

Just a Devil Hunter.
A few things to note - It was very obviously Vergil that tore off Nero's arm, and I would guess this was for him to retrieve Yamato. He's all corrupted up and still wearing a ragged version of his DMC3 attire, so I'd guess my longtime speculation about what happened to him is correct.
I agree, it definitely is Vergil, he got Nero's are in order to get Yamato back since in DMC4 any items you collected went into his arm. Also similar coat sleeves and blue coat. His skin also has a similar look as Corrupted Vergil, all of this is more apparent when you slow down the video.

To me that seems like the Intro/beginning of the game. The antagonist also reminds me of Vergil.
I want to say Vergil gets Yamato back from Nero becomes that thing at the beginning of the trailer (although he could be reborn as our 3rd protagonist), he opens the hell gate, which lets Dante out(DMC2 Ending), and shortly after Nero goes to Nico to get Devil Breaker(robot arm). When he counters with the arm, rides it, time stops, and pull enemies are different styles with different arms.

Lastly, a fun fact. Dante's bike reminds me of this Monster Hunter weapon.

Shepard VI

Good to hear you're looking forward to the game (without complaining about its aesthetics).
I love the art style. I also disagree that it even looks like DmC. Which... I actually enjoyed for what it was.

I understand that it wasn't for everybody, and that's fine, I don't care about that.

This isn't Tameem. This is Itsuno. Not only that, but this game has a dark art style, kind of grungey. While you could say DmC had grunge as well, it was stupidly colourful. The two do not share the same art style at all. I think you could say it takes some inspiration from DmC and makes it it's own, but more than that, it stands on its own legs and is its own entity.

Shepard VI

Absolutely. It has it's own unique art style that's more reminiscent of RE6 than anything else imo.
Looks a lot like DMC4 in some ways as well. Like, a lot of Nero's animations are basically copy paste. Which might sound like a bad thing (and something I know people are going to criticize them for), but it's pretty obvious that they want the game to feel familiar to series vets.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Looks a lot like DMC4 in some ways as well. Like, a lot of Nero's animations are basically copy paste. Which might sound like a bad thing (and something I know people are going to criticize them for), but it's pretty obvious that they want the game to feel familiar to series vets.
I don't mind them copying these moves as long as all the code is redone and is brand new. It can be done on MTFrameworks or whatever, but I just want everything newer so that it doesn't... um, "show it's age" as it were.

Kind of like how Shadow of Morder had ACII's engine and one of Ubisoft's developers called them out on it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I loved the trailer, but I have a feeling the woman who's helping Nero is gonna be annoying as hell every second of her screen time.

I feel ya bro, but thankfully, the gaming and movie industry put me to some pretty good training when it comes to putting up with annoying sidekicks.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
One of my biggest questions is where does this storyline take place?

Given how Dante has apparently aged this much (and weirdly Nero has aged very little?) It would seem that the story would have to take place after DMC2, but given Dante's cheery demeanor that does not seem all that likely, I guess at best it could take place directly before DMC2 and possibly with a good cleanup he could look like his DMC2 self towards the end of this game?

I just hope Capcom clears up the story placement here, as a fan of DMC2 Dante's look as well as wanting a answer to whether or not Dante actually made it out of hell which is a question I have wanted answers to for 15 freaken years lol.

Top Bottom