• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
"Make both DMC and DmC."

You people make it sound so simple.

Seriously, just move forward with an improved DmC 2. Regardless of what you guys think, DmC did surpass the originals in some aspects and also built a very encouraging foundation to improve upon. If it really isn't about cosmetics then an improved DmC should make you happy right? After all, you care about that gameplay more than anything else. Everyone's happy. Problem solved.

IncarnatedDemon

Capcom should hire me as contributor for Vergil's Despair game for DMC serie.

I'd definetly ensured some great ideas for the story :p
And generally Vergil bad assery.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
"Make both DMC and DmC."

Seriously, just move forward with an improved DmC 2. Regardless of what you guys think, DmC did surpass the originals in some aspects and also built a very encouraging foundation to improve upon. If it really isn't about cosmetics then an improved DmC should make you happy right? After all, you care about that gameplay more than anything else. Everyone's happy. Problem solved.
It could be simple if they let NT make DmC2 while Capcom made DMC5. All they have to do is think of a sound plan to get this done. They have the money to do it.
Besides, it would solve a lot of arguing going on. Whichever game is made, one side is going to be angry. So making both would be the best option for the sake of the fanbase. Plus people like me who want both games. ^_^

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
To bad there's one problem with P* doing DmC; actual story writing skill.

I've played Anarchy Reigns....they've got the skills to write a decent story or come up with an interesting concept for a story. I actually enjoyed Anarchy Reigns story over DmC (corruption in a post apocalyptic future beats demons enslaving mankind through propaganda). Plus AR made me laugh plenty of times and actually caught me off guard or amazed me with moments like

Vanquish had a pretty good story too...although a bit cheesy.

Please don't kid yourself DmC is no messiah in video game narrative nor are NT (by themselves that is). DmC is practically a generic action movie that takes itself more serious than it should at all attempts to be as edgy as possible but comes off as pretentious.

Granted PG/AR may not be any better than NT/DmC but they can write a decent enough story if they wanted to and they stomp NT in all other criteria (maybe not stage design/art but that is debatable).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Chancey, you're implying that we'd only want a DMC5 for gameplay only. Which is false.
So it really is a bunch a weeaboos who just want that crappy anime style from DMC 3 and 4.

I am an avid anime fan but the trends that DMC 3 and 4 adapted just made it freaking stupid and very uninteresting. They have never returned to the spirit of the original game and just made Dante himself even more retarded. I miss the Dante who was cocky but also more subtle. Not the try hard idiot who thinks he's cooler than he actually is from 3 and 4.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Please don't kid yourself DmC is no messiah in video game narrative nor are NT (by themselves that is). DmC is practically a generic action movie that takes itself more serious than it should at all attempts to be as edgy as possible but comes off as pretentious.

Granted PG/AR may not be any better than NT/DmC but they can write a decent enough story if they wanted to and they stomp NT in all other criteria (maybe not stage design/art but that is debatable).

I honestly call bullsh!t on that.

I believe DmC had a way more darker and quite interesting story and concept of characters compared to some melting pot of ideas put into one with characters.

But we got a difference of opinion on that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
PG has Bayo and Rising under their wings.
No chance in them making DmC.

Doubt they would bother with DMC as well. The chance to make DMC is long gone.

Not if Capcom throws at them enough money. Plus I'm sure PG wouldn't mind getting work. I mean after W101 is finished, all that will be left is that they will be working on Bayonetta 2. I think PG has enough teams to make 2 games at once (they usually do Infinite Space was made in conjunction to Mad World, Bayonetta was made in conjuction with Mad World after the finished Infinite Space, then after they finished Mad World they started working on Vanquish and after Bayonetta was made, they started work on Anarchy Reigns but finished Vanquish soon enough, and soon worked on Metal Gear Rising all the while working on the W101. Now they finished everything and is now working on Bayonetta 2...just Bayonetta 2. Plus their numbers increased. I think they're above 150 staff members. Unless if everyone is working on Bayonetta 2 that is a lot of workers at PG doing nothing).

Plus MGR still belongs to KojiPro, they can hand over the rights to a sequel for it to anyone besides PG.

A PG made DMC game isn't impossible but seems unlikely since Capcom wants to stop outsourcing their games.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
There was another reason?
Are you serious?

So it really is a bunch a weeaboos who just want that crappy anime style from DMC 3 and 4.

I am an avid anime fan but the trends that DMC 3 and 4 adapted just made it freaking stupid and very uninteresting. They have never returned to the spirit of the original game and just made Dante himself even more retarded. I miss the Dante who was cocky but also more subtle. Not the try hard idiot who thinks he's cooler than he actually is from 3 and 4.
Never seen so much arrogance and stupidity in one post. If DMC3 was uninteresting, why was it heralded as the best in the series? It's like you don't even understand Dante's character either. You think he's cocky in 3 for absolutely no reason, which is BS.

In DMC4, yeah, his character was lacking variety, but he was still endearing. I wanted DMC5 to return to the atmosphere of the first game while building upon DMC4's gameplay. I mean, you call yourself a veteran fan of DMC but I want to call BS so f*cking bad. You only like the first game, and hate everything else. You hate the characters, and gameplay is the only thing you care for. Hell you couldn't even get info on DMC4's gameplay right. People didn't become fans of DMC for JUST the gameplay. Story and characters played a big part in it too. Otherwise we wouldn't have DMC cosplayers, and DMC fanart.

I wouldn't call you a veteran. Sorry. You don't show enough support nor passion, which is usually what a veteran of any series would do.

What makes DmC Dante more interesting than badass Dante?

IIRC he's a 27 year old man (Because Tameem said Dante is like 14 years younger than him or something) and he lives in a trailer. Acts like a edgy child who hates his parents because they sent him to his room, punches bouncers and writes "**** You" in big letter on their clip board.

Says nothing witty Eg; **** you banter

Knocks people's drinks out of their hands because "Muh rebellious personality!"

Wet chunks

List goes on.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Are you serious?

Never seen so much arrogance and stupidity in one post. If DMC3 was uninteresting, why was it heralded as the best in the series? It's like you don't even understand Dante's character either. You think he's cocky in 3 for absolutely no reason, which is BS.

In DMC4, yeah, his character was lacking variety, but he was still endearing. I wanted DMC5 to return to the atmosphere of the first game while building upon DMC4's gameplay. I mean, you call yourself a veteran fan of DMC but I want to call BS so f*cking bad. You only like the first game, and hate everything else. You hate the characters, and gameplay is the only thing you care for. Hell you couldn't even get info on DMC4's gameplay right. People didn't become fans of DMC for JUST the gameplay. Story and characters played a big part in it too. Otherwise we wouldn't have DMC cosplayers, and DMC fanart.

I wouldn't call you a veteran. Sorry. You don't show enough support nor passion, which is usually what a veteran of any series would do.
I love the 1st and 3rd games. They are a lot of fun to play and well made hack n slashers but I just don't care what they did to Dante. Dante in the 1st game was cocky but also more subtle. In 3 and 4 he was just this dude who spouted these really dumb one liners and quips that really weren't funny, just stupid. I don't really hate him per say, that's too strong a word but, I just don't find it entertaining. It's just stupid. Nothing more, nothing less.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
What makes DmC Dante more interesting than badass Dante?
Nothing. They're both side of the same coin to me.
IIRC he's a 27 year old man (Because Tameem said Dante is like 14 years younger than him or something) and he lives in a trailer. Acts like a edgy child who hates his parents because they sent him to his room, punches bouncers and writes "**** You" in big letter on their clip board.
According to the Raptor news site they set up, Dante is in his early 20s, so he can't be 27. He's meant to be a giant douche so that he can change, mature and become more like DMC Dante by the end.

Says nothing witty Eg; **** you banter
That's not all he does.

Knocks people's drinks out of their hands because "Muh rebellious personality!"
Because the drink would have killed the guy. Besides, this Dante has no social filter to stop him doing that. It's part of his character that changes by the end.

Wet chunks
Delicious, almost as nice as 'moist and meaty':troll:
List goes on.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
"Make both DMC and DmC."

Yeah, after all this preaching on the joys of pure gameplurrr, you'd think they'd keep their arguments consistent.

Chancey, you're implying that we'd only want a DMC5 for gameplay only. Which is false.

Ewan-McGregor-Laughing.gif

a-reason-to-try-harder-21280745.jpg

Try_harder0size600x0.jpg

I honestly call bullsh!t on that.

We all do, DM. We all do. :ermm:

I believe DmC had a way more darker and quite interesting story and concept of characters compared to some melting pot of ideas put into one with characters.

But we got a difference of opinion on that.

They'll just state their opinions as fact while never listening to any of your valid arguments on why their opinion is overly biased. Seriously, don't waste your time.

There was another reason?

Nope.

And anything else you hear at this point is just superfluous backpedaling. :)

I don't really mind which one makes it as long as they continue the DmC storyline. i mean y in the hell reboot it for 1 game. that just seems stupid to me.

Because of bad sales. Which the elitists will always use as their last line of defense. -_-

Reuben Langdon:blush:

Adam D. Clark; he acted circles around everyone else. :ermm:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Adam-D-Clark/

A shame no one even mentions him when praising DMC3. Goes to show that elitists almost always overlook good acting... even in the things they like. :/

And then say they can recognize good storytelling aspects. Ridiculous.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wait he is in his mid 20s...thought he was a late teen or something (18/19) then his prickish/rebel behavior would've made more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom