• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's messed up. You don't have to love the whole series to be called a veteran. I say that title itself is unnecessary since I didn't know there was a ranking system to being a fan.

Wrong. He's a guy in his early twenties who has to deal with figuring out the true origin of who he is in a world against him, and joining a group lead by his brother, who has alter motives. He must also come to terms with his demonic and angelic heritage to stop a mad man demon king who's bent on controlling the world through cynical means.
Duh.

So....Why is that an excuse as to why he's a ****ty character. That line "What am I line" "You are you Donte" Doesn't really redeem him.

"See guy's he's changed!, he's like DMC1 Dante now!"

Hey..wasn't that line in DMC4? I remember Nero asking Kyrie who he is... +1 for originality Ninja Theory.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Quote one, one liner DmC Donte said that was miles more better than what ever came out of Dante's mouth.

Smoking Sick Style tip: You can't.

"Dude, the show's over!"

"This party's gettin' crazy!"

"You sure know how to throw I party!"

"How about a kiss from this?!"

You sure showed me Cherry. -_-

And who says "Smoking Sick Style"??

Corn. Fields of corn.

corn-field.jpeg

As far as the eye can see.

But then again, I expect no less from someone who thinks DMC3 actually has good writing.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
On the topic of voice of actors...if they do make a DmC2 I think its best to find a better replacement for Timmy Phillips...it doesn't have to be Reuben....it can be ANYONE because one Dante should be older so he should sound older.....maybe and two...Tim kind of sucks....I mean for the most part he sounds average...no wait out of all of the cast Dante's voice acting was the worst (not saying the others were bad no Phineas and Mundus were great especially Phineas). Its just Dante was either below average or terrible...it shows especially in scenes when Dante is either screaming or yelling (THANK GOD those scenes don't happen often). I mean when he screams/yells/or raises his voice...it sounds...oh so bad like the scene when he got Arbiter or when Vergil was sucked in Mundus and Dante screamed "VERGILL!!! AAAAAYYNNGGHHHH!!!." My reaction was wow...they managed to beat DMC1's "Fill your dark soul with LIIIIGHHTT!!!" in the bad voice acting.
I love how you say this now, but when I had a thread about Dante's voice actors, you were saying Tameen was alright and stuff. Infact you were pretty cool with DmC. Now you're being kind of a dick with it and have even made a past thread about how you thought the story was terrible, which you would have back then been more mature and ignore it. Now you talk sh*t about DmC. What's up with that?

"Dude, the show's over!"

"This party's gettin' crazy!"

"You sure know how to throw I party!"

"How about a kiss from this?!"

You sure showed me Cherry. -_-

And who says "Smoking Sick Style"??

Corn. Fields of corn.

corn-field.jpeg

As far as the eye can see.

But then again, I expect no less from someone who thinks DMC3 actually has good writing.

Same goes to you. DmC wasn't really ground breaking with its writing and sloppy gameplay was it? Also, Good Dante says stuff about crazy parties.

Wow. Try harder Ninja Theory Marketer.
I heard you guys are selling those DmC amulets for $25 dollars because you've got so many in stock. I wonder why..

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I love how you say this now, but when I had a thread about Dante's voice actors, you were saying Tameen was alright and stuff. Infact you were pretty cool with DmC. Now you're being kind of a **** with it and have even made a past thread about how you thought the story was terrible, which you would have back then been more mature and ignore it. Now you talk sh*t about DmC. What's up with that?
So he's being a dyick because he doesn't like DmC's story? lol.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Same goes to you. DmC wasn't really ground breaking was it? Also, Good Dante says stuff about crazy parties.
To you, maybe not. But this is the internet and your opinion is not universal. And DmC Dante actually has crazy parties, with women instead of talking about it.:troll: Meh....who cares....
Wow. Try harder Ninja Theory Marketer.
Yes, try harder at insults:troll:

DragonMaster2010

So....Why is that an excuse as to why he's a ****ty character. That line "What am I line" "You are you Donte" Doesn't really redeem him.

I say he's not a ****ty character. He's just a character that has better character then others. You can try to argue, but you'll always lose.

"See guy's he's changed!, he's like DMC1 Dante now!"

He wasn't like DMC1 to me. More so a more matured version of himself.

Hey..wasn't that line in DMC4? I remember Nero asking Kyrie who he is... +1 for originality Ninja Theory.

Last time I checked Kat didn't say she wanted to be with Dante, and also Nero didn't ask who he was, he asked if Kyrie was alright with him being a demon.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The same could be said for DMC3 Dante and his "Hey Lady's talking about her mom's death, let me laugh in her face while she does" attitude.

DMC3 Dante is 19 so he is younger than DmC Dante plus I thought Dante was a fictional character fantasy character in a fictional fantasy setting versus DmC Dante who is a more realistic/believable person set in a more modern realistic world.

I can write off anything old Dante do as "he is not real, he is a fantasy character who cares". I thought I must set DmC Dante at a more realistic and relatable scale.

So when I show my kids (when/if I have any...on the fence of wanting kids....pain in asses they are) DmC Dante I can go "See kids this is how realistic, relatable grown ups behave in this modern world. The other Dante is a cartoon character like (insert what cartoon is popular 10-15 years from now but Mickey Mouse is probably still around during this, got to love Disney's ability to milk franchises.) nothing he does is real nor should it make sense."

DragonMaster2010

DMC3 Dante is 19 so he is younger than DmC Dante plus I thought Dante was a fictional character fantasy character in a fictional fantasy setting versus DmC Dante who is a more realistic/believable person set in a more modern realistic world.

So why make a big deal about his character?

I can write off anything old Dante do as "he is not real, he is a fantasy character who cares". I thought I must set DmC Dante at a more realistic and relatable scale.

What makes you think that since he's still a video game character? I said I relate to him in some aspects, I never said he was a real person, because real people don't deal with demons.

So when I show my kids (when/if I have any...on the fence of wanting kids....pain in asses they are) DmC Dante I can go "See kids this is how realistic, relatable grown ups behave in this modern world. The other Dante is a cartoon character like (insert what cartoon is popular 10-15 years from now but Mickey Mouse is probably still around during this, got to love Disney's ability to milk franchises.) nothing he does is real nor should it make sense."

Yet, Dante was never real in the first place.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The only clever quip I actually liked from him was when he was mocking that giant demon dog about joining a dog show. That was actually rather clever and amusing. He also channeled Bruce before the fight.
I actually thought that was one of the worst scenes in the game. Even back when it first released. Super-awkward. Too much talking, and too much hopping around. It was trying to copy the first Griffin dialogue exchange and failed miserably.

Everything else was pretty much a miss and came off more stupid than anything. Like remember the exchange with Agni and Rudra? I think it would have been better if Dante didn't say a word while they were arguing and maybe popped 2 shots off in their mouths.

That's... actually a really good idea. He should have kept his mouth shut and popped off those shots. Is that why people like Vergell so much?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I love how you say this now, but when I had a thread about Dante's voice actors, you were saying Tameen was alright and stuff. Infact you were pretty cool with DmC. Now you're being kind of a **** with it and have even made a past thread about how you thought the story was terrible, which you would have back then been more mature and ignore it. Now you talk sh*t about DmC. What's up with that?

Well that was before DmC came out.

But something happened. Want to know what happened?

DragonMaster2010

"Nero you are you, and it's you I want to be with"

Sounds about the same. And why is Kyrie wanting to be with Nero a reason to put the game down?

You're not even trying any more.

Who said that's why I didn't like DMC4?

And also since when is;

"Nero, you're you, and it's you I want to be with"

the same as

"You're Dante, nothing more, and nothing less"?

they may use the "you're you" line, but they both have different meanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom