• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DLC Ideas.........

Dark Drakan

Admin
Point but why don't we come to a truce that I win because

images
tumblr_lw9rk3cbsA1r5qrimo1_500.gif

no no. don't stop. this is getting interesting

Not helping the maturity of the forums with posts like this, grow up guys.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Not helping the maturity of the forums with posts like this, grow up guys.

Thank you, Mr.Drakan.
Now as I was saying before being so rudely interrupted by that nasty flame war going on before I posted

Godot should be in DMC in some way shape or form, as I've already stated, he should star in it .

But first we need to get people used to the idea of playing as the ultimate BAMF.
Which is why the prosecution suggest that Godot be, a costume for DmC Dante, with added moves, and instead of "Rebellion", it's "Objection". A big metal stick that has an objection bubble on the end of it. And instead of Ebony and Ivory, He throws mugs of coffee at rapid speeds.
Godot will have infinite health because he is just that badass. He also can grapple with his visor. Blue laser teleports him to the enemy, red laser is a tractor beam that pulls the enemy to him.

Frazz

General gamer
Thank you, Mr.Drakan.
Now as I was saying before being so rudely interrupted by that nasty flame war going on before I posted

Godot should be in DMC in some way shape or form, as I've already stated, he should star in it .

But first we need to get people used to the idea of playing as the ultimate BAMF.
Which is why the prosecution suggest that Godot be, a costume for DmC Dante, with added moves, and instead of "Rebellion", it's "Objection". A big metal stick that has an objection bubble on the end of it. And instead of Ebony and Ivory, He throws mugs of coffee at rapid speeds.
Godot will have infinite health because he is just that badass. He also can grapple with his visor. Blue laser teleports him to the enemy, red laser is a tractor beam that pulls the enemy to him.

I am not familiar with Godot, are you referring to the [unseen] character in the play 'Waiting for Godot'?

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
tumblr_lw9rk3cbsA1r5qrimo1_500.gif

no no. don't stop. this is getting interesting

Either the scenario I detailed is one (out of many) plausible explanations because nothing in the canon contradicts it, or something does contradict it and it is no longer plausible.

There is no ambiguity, no middle ground, no "let's come to a compromise and both be halfway correct," it either is or it isn't. He's got nothing, but he badly wants to keep arguing just for the sake of argument, which is why his arguments have degraded to the level you see now, and if I keep going with him, I won't be far behind. I'd rather not keep going with him, but I'm more than willing to discuss anything else with anybody else

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Either the scenario I detailed is one (out of many) plausible explanations because nothing in the canon contradicts it, or something does contradict it and it is no longer plausible.

There is no ambiguity, no middle ground, no "let's come to a compromise and both be halfway correct," it either is or it isn't. He's got nothing, but he badly wants to keep arguing just for the sake of argument, which is why his arguments have degraded to the level you see now, and if I keep going with him, I won't be far behind. I'd rather not keep going with him, but I'm more than willing to discuss anything else with anybody else

thats humanity for you kammy. us humans want nothing more than to be right all the damn time. i swear it sickens me to my gut. but hey, live and let die right?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i had this idea for kat that had her mind invaded by this witch or demon that could screw with people's heads.

Basically the idea was for mundus to brainwash her(atleast try) when he captured her so he sends in a minion (for the sake of the example lets call her april) so April invades her head and tries to screw with her memories etc trying to make her believe in mundus's cause.

look man if you are a demon you're not gonna waterboard people, your gonna go deep in their heads and screw with their memories.

so it provides a fun inception nod and allows people to bond with kat as you see her literally go up against all of the skeletons in her closet and you can learn about her own past outside of Dante and vergil.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

No you trying to insinuate that Eva is a witch (or could be one) despite there not being any evidence in the DMC series that backs it up. The Eva/Dark Knight reference in Bayonetta was just a reference nothing else nothing more.

Hey there is nothing in the canon that contradicts Eva once being a stripper/prostitute you don't see me going around claiming Eva could've been a stripper.

No you sir got nothing!

The fact I wanted to come to truce and end it does say something about my character and....yet..*sniff* you label me as a 4chan member (although I've never been there before). I'm hurt man *sniffle*....:'(.

IncarnatedDemon

I have to disagree with you Stylish.

There is nothing that denies Eva being a stripper, a junkie or an angel, or even a monster who takes shape of a lovely mother.

But that doesn't mean that Eva reference in Bayo is invalid. Why do i say this? Well:
Team Little Devils who made DMC 1 (the first game that laid the backbone/foundation for DMC story), well guess who made Bayonetta?, Team Little Angels led by Kamiya same guy who is praised as the creator of DMC and Dante.

And it would make sense if Eva was a witch because in Bayo , witches summon demons, and Sparda was a demon who met Eva a human.

One thing i can say however is that...Eva does not give me a impression that she is a typical human being:
Eva.jpg

I think if we want to find out if Eva was a typical human being or not we need to ask the question "How did Eva meet Sparda?"

Isn't it illogical to assume that Sparda just met Eva by coincedence, that Eva was the first woman Sparda saw and right away he fell in love with her?

Even more...if Eva was a typical human being, how would a typical woman react to a demon appearing?

"OMG a monster run away!!!"
Wouldnt a typical person react that way when they see a demon?

And if you reflect on how men and women are portrayed in stories well you will find a pattern:

Man represents darkness and chaos and violence
Woman represent light and harmony and peace

And they say "Light cant exist without Dark, Evil without Good, etc".
Ying and Yang .

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Wow, Stylish. Even I.D. disagrees with you.

You're not very good at making friends, are you?

Have you considered medication for your blatant OCD?

IncarnatedDemon

People can disagree with eachother without insulting.

I disagree with Stylish because :
1) Creator's validity, Kamiya was director of DMC 1 and led Team Little Devils, and also director for Bayo 1 where he led Team Little Angels

2) It MAKES sense if Eva was a witch who summoned Sparda. And then Sparda grew fond of Eva and vice versa, and Sparda decided "I will not let Mundus have this world because he would then kill Eva...whom i care for".

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

I'm not saying that Eva isn't a witch.

And I'm not saying that you're insulting each other either. Nero just happens to go to certain extremes, that's all (come on, you know he does).

Whether or not she's a witch, we've never really had official confirmation due to copyright issues. We'll just say that Kamiya thinks she's a witch and leave it at that.

I won't say it's true or false, in any case.

IncarnatedDemon

@Unknown:

That last part of my reply to you was more me repeating why i disagreed with Stylish. I wasn't really discussing with you about Eva being a witch:p

Anyway , moving on to "insulting eachother", here is your post:

Red part of your post implies i am something negative and you use me as a way to say that Stylish is something so negative that even I.D the negative person disagrees with Stylish.
The purple part is just insulting Stylish and treating him or her as a lunatic who needs to be on meds.

Don't think that i care about your insults at me. I am simply breaking your post down to show you that you threw insults at me and Stylish, even if you did it subconsciously.

Don't worry though i forgive you :)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I have to disagree with you Stylish.

There is nothing that denies Eva being a stripper, a junkie or an angel, or even a monster who takes shape of a lovely mother.

But that doesn't mean that Eva reference in Bayo is invalid. Why do i say this? Well:
Team Little Devils who made DMC 1 (the first game that laid the backbone/foundation for DMC story), well guess who made Bayonetta?, Team Little Angels led by Kamiya same guy who is praised as the creator of DMC and Dante.

And it would make sense if Eva was a witch because in Bayo , witches summon demons, and Sparda was a demon who met Eva a human.

One thing i can say however is that...Eva does not give me a impression that she is a typical human being:
Eva.jpg

I think if we want to find out if Eva was a typical human being or not we need to ask the question "How did Eva meet Sparda?"

Isn't it illogical to assume that Sparda just met Eva by coincedence, that Eva was the first woman Sparda saw and right away he fell in love with her?

Even more...if Eva was a typical human being, how would a typical woman react to a demon appearing?

"OMG a monster run away!!!"
Wouldnt a typical person react that way when they see a demon?

And if you reflect on how men and women are portrayed in stories well you will find a pattern:

Man represents darkness and chaos and violence
Woman represent light and harmony and peace

And they say "Light cant exist without Dark, Evil without Good, etc".
Ying and Yang .

So wouldn't that make Eva a Lumen Sage then?

Also, Sparda had a human form. Plus Sparda is a famed demon warrior who saved mankind from total extinction he can get any girl he wants.

Kamiya did write DMC1 and Bayonetta......9 years apart...so its not like Kamiya wrote DMC with the intent of making Eva a witch from the get-go and if he did he left zero clues of her being a witch. In fact he even chose Bayonetta to be a witch and angels be her main enemy just because he thought it would be a cool idea and did so with DMC in mind. The Eva and Sparda reference in Bayonetta were just that reference just like the Viewtiful Joe reference, Okami reference, Sonic reference, Resident Evil reference, and MadWorld reference.

Kamiya may have wrote DMC and started its story and lore but I doubt he had anything Bayonetta related in his head when he first made DMC.

Plus DMC was supposed to be another game (RE4) that take place in the RE universe until it was changed mid development so if anything DMC wasn't very clearly thought out or made with the intent of a RE game and he didn't write DMC alone as he had the help of Noburo Sugimoro.......but he died but before he died he wrote the DMC3 novel and no clues of Eva being a witch there nope no sir same goes for the DMC1 novel that Kamiya wrote.

I mean if Kamiya has the series now he could make her a witch.....could....but he doesn't Capcom owns DMC and what Capcom says goes.....even Nero being Vergil's son..........and DMC2.

Until I see evidence Eva is not a witch at this point. I don't go by what could be or what should be I go by what is.

IncarnatedDemon

I understand your point. I don't think i am necessarily right.

As you said when DMC was being made or was made, Team Little Devils or Kamiya may never thought of Eva as nothing more than a typical human.
But we don't know that...

But people (like me) take the reference as more than a reference because it comes from a game made by a team that isn't just any team.
And it makes sense, it fills the gap of "How did Eva and Sparda meet?"
One could answer the question with "Eva summoned Sparda".

But let's not picture Eva being a witch on same level as Bayonetta. Perhaps she was a witch that did simple spells.

Anyway before we continue our discussion, let's go discuss it in this thread: Eva was a Witch?
Also could you please give me a summary of Eva in the novels and such? Would be great :)

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
No you trying to insinuate that Eva is a witch (or could be one) despite there not being any evidence in the DMC series that backs it up. The Eva/Dark Knight reference in Bayonetta was just a reference nothing else nothing more.

Hey there is nothing in the canon that contradicts Eva once being a stripper/prostitute you don't see me going around claiming Eva could've been a stripper.

No you sir got nothing!

The fact I wanted to come to truce and end it does say something about my character and....yet..*sniff* you label me as a 4chan member (although I've never been there before). I'm hurt man *sniffle*....:'(.

You may not have realized this, but there is absolutely no possible way to compromise on on an open ended ambiguity. When I say "it's possible" either I'm right and it is possible, or I'm wrong and it's absolutely not possible (what would the statement halfway between these two even be?) and I see nothing that says I'm wrong, excluding you. Luckily, I don't think willy wonka image macros and "I'm a winner" hold much weight, so I'll gladly maintain my original stance even with the 'overwhelming' weight of your counter evidence.

You don't want to compromise, you want to word "I'm winning" a slightly different way and get away with not backing up your claims. And even though you're trying to strawman me by saying things like "Eva could have been a stripper" you're technically correct in that nothing says eva was not a stripper; it is certainly one possible explanation of Eva's past.

That said, I take the hints at Eva being a witch a little more seriously than the ones that hint Eva was a whore.

Top Bottom