• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry Vs Bayonetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Angel

Bayonetta (ベヨネッタ, Bayonetta) is an upcoming video game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, developed by Platinum Games in cooperation with Sega, who will publish the title. Directed by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Devil May Cry series, it will tell the story of the eponymous witch, Bayonetta, who has guns on her feet and hands, blowing off the heads of monsters masquerading as angels. Creator Hideki Kamiya has said that "Bayonetta will blow the doors off the action genre".
So do you think this game will be a contender to the Devil May Cry Series? Or is Devil May Cry just to good, I'm waiting till this comes out but i think Devil May Cry will still be the best, Here's the official Bayonetta site if you haven't seen anything about this games yet check out the video.

http://www.sega.co.uk/platinumgames/bayonetta/index2.php

Heron

Devils never cry
Well, I think it will be pretty good but Imean there has been a hype about X-Blades and that game is ****!
But afterall I think DMC will remain No.1!

Dying Angel

Heron;162765 said:
Well, I think it will be pretty good but Imean there has been a hype about X-Blades and that game is ****!
But afterall I think DMC will remain No.1!

I agree with your statement, i never actually blade X-blades because the reviews were not to positive an there was no demo out.
I don't think it will be to long now until capcom announce Devil May Cry 5 probably around the sametime Bayonetta comes out.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
man

I taught it was Dante when she uses her guns

Well i think that girls is hot

when he removes

her glases

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Don't stretch your post like that, it just takes up an unnecessary amount of room and your comment added nothing to the discussion anyway.

Anyway, this just looks like a stupid devil may cry ripoff.

Zato-OW

King
Well to me I believe that Bayonetta will be better then DMC4 atleast action wised. The Bayonetta team claim they have watched the flaws in DMC4 and won't make the mistakes DMC4 has in content(This is a easy one to guess.). But telling from some video clips, Bayonetta will be a very good game and the team working on this game are former capcom and clover employees so this will be a good title that's for sure. Capcom did them dirty and they are very stupid for screwing them because this couldve been a Capcom title.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
kagemusha;163061 said:
^Don't stretch your post like that, it just takes up an unnecessary amount of room and your comment added nothing to the discussion anyway.

You

Mean

This??

/????????????????????????

Dark Drakan

Admin
Try not to create unnecessary posts or make them awkward for others to read people.

kagemusha;163061 said:

Cant rip off your own franchises. :lol:

Directed by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Devil May Cry series.

Zato-OW

King
It looks very original. A woman who uses alot of her sexuality in humor who wheres glasses, uses her hair and clothing as a weapon, can summon a monster(don't say her power is like Nero's because hers is far different.) also having guns as heels on her feet. Then there's the fact she enjoy kllling angels.

Janny

Dines with dementia
Zato-OW;163696 said:
also having guns as heels on her feet.
Didn't Raiden from MGS4 have something similar in his boots? I don't really recall...

I'm not really looking forward to Bayonetta, the lady is like a tacky version of Lara Croft; she just has too many elements that scream for attention, glasses, weird outfit, boots, something on her head I can't quite make out... I just wish they would have come up with something more original than killing angels.

Zato-OW

King
You do realise that even DMC isn't original. The only thing about DMC that is original is Dante's personality.

For example, A legendary Demon that has 2 sons a human wife that also died leaving 2 very powerful swords to both his sons equaling Inuyasha which came out before DMC. DMC did this same thing. Also the fact they have white hair like Inuyasha,both wear red even being half human and having a older brother who hates humans and dislike his younger brother who also wants to be like his father. DMC could "almost" be a big rip off from Inuyasha. Then there are the demons which is based on Greek Mythology. Vergil's personality and style is also a rip from the guy on my signature. A man with white hair who cares for no one but himself and hates guns with his main weapon being a Samurai sword and tends to dress old fasion and wears the color of blue and gold, rip off of Vicious(even though Capcom admitted they based Vergil's character from Vicious.).

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
So true Zato...

Hm, well I`d go for DMC over Bayonetta, Capcom atleast released DMC 3 and 4 on the PC aswell, and not only PS3/XBox, wich is a huge bonus cookie.
Since i don`t have any consoles.. heh.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;163725 said:
You do realise that even DMC isn't original. The only thing about DMC that is original is Dante's personality.

For example, A legendary Demon that has 2 sons a human wife that also died leaving 2 very powerful swords to both his sons equaling Inuyasha which came out before DMC. DMC did this same thing. Also the fact they have white hair like Inuyasha,both wear red even being half human and having a older brother who hates humans and dislike his younger brother who also wants to be like his father. DMC could "almost" be a big rip off from Inuyasha. Then there are the demons which is based on Greek Mythology. Vergil's personality and style is also a rip from the guy on my signature. A man with white hair who cares for no one but himself and hates guns with his main weapon being a Samurai sword and tends to dress old fasion and wears the color of blue and gold, rip off of Vicious(even though Capcom admitted they based Vergil's character from Vicious.).

^True, this along with the fact that the original DMC team is on this project means I'll be looking into this more.^_^

Gunslinger55

Zato-OW;163725 said:

Not to mention that Dante is also a less dark version of Blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom