• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry, open world RPG?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Some friends of mine were talking about this earlier.

To make an open world RPG based on Devil May Cry, where you can create your own devil hunter with a character creator, craft weapons, and so on, and where the characters like Dante, Trish, Lady, Nero etc. are NPCs you can interact with and give you quests, this kinda things.

What do you think about it?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personally I would prefer it stays in its original format, since that can be good spinoff, but i wouldn't want them to make it main franchise

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Personally I would prefer it stays in its original format, since that can be good spinoff, but i wouldn't want them to make it main franchise

Oh nono, in fact I was talking about making it a spinoff, not a chapter in the main series.

Separate thing.

Frazz

General gamer
No, DMC works best when the environments and bosses are controlled and paced. It could maybe work with a bunch smaller maps like Hitman Absolution but not a Assassin's Creed style open world.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
No, DMC works best when the environments and bosses are controlled and paced. It could maybe work with a bunch smaller maps like Hitman Absolution but not a Assassin's Creed style open world.

But it wouldn't be a HnS. It would be an RPG. RPG mechanics, as it's well known, can very well work with open world.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
i think that they can make it if they won't call it dmc but make new franchise in same universe

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i think that they can make it if they won't call it dmc but make new franchise in same universe

Yeah in fact I said based on DMC, not called DMC.

But why calling it differently? I mean, MGR still carries Metal Gear in the title despite being different from a MGS game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah in fact I said based on DMC, not called DMC.

But why calling it differently? I mean, MGR still carries Metal Gear in the title despite being different from a MGS game.
Well Rising set it to be different from Solid, so I think DMC spinoff should be called different as well. I think it may be pretty cool, like Dragon's Dogma in moder age and with less generic monsters

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'd be fine giving it a name devil may cry : rpg, why not? it's a spin-off.. and would klike to see the main casts appearing as cameos or stories about them scattered in documents allover the world.. what about the combat system? mechanics? and will it be online?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i'd be fine giving it a name devil may cry : rpg, why not? it's a spin-off.. and would klike to see the main casts appearing as cameos or stories about them scattered in documents allover the world.. what about the combat system? mechanics? and will it be online?

XD wow, man. I dunno, I just heard my friends talk about it and decided to toss the idea here, didn't think of all those details.

What about you? How would you like it to be in a more specific way?

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I can see it work as something like Bloodlines but an open world RPG could be too much for DMC. Making stylish combat work would be too hard and the lore isn't as deep and/or serious for an open world RPG game either. Of course a developer could alter those elements but it wouldn't have anything related to DMC now would it? It would be an RPG game Featuring DMC characters/elements like SMT3 featured Dante. An action RPG with closed environments though, why not? I'd buy it day one.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
XD wow, man. I dunno, I just heard my friends talk about it and decided to toss the idea here, didn't think of all those details.

What about you? How would you like it to be in a more specific way?

my knowledge is limited for that kind of rpg, if it's a single player only i'll probably go with kingdom hearts style or witcher, but since dmc is known for combo/chaining stylish flashy moves --it's a signature, this'll be hard to keep it simple..

bloodborne style will be interesting, never played that kind of game, but seeing the videos, and i agree to make it more fast paced, it could work

i'm interested with the character creating, it should have tons and tons of variety.. this will probably be the coolest stuff in the game

select your race : human, demon, halfling.. hohoho, that part alone is exciting, and then theres the coat, boots, hair, weapons, darn, i want..

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
My idea was to incirporate the combat of DMC into a sandbox or full open world.Also I would allow coop and have a quest structure aswell as enemy demon ai everywhere.Jc and team moves between characters would be in it, also characters from other hns franchises would be playable in it like ryu hayabusa and thereza from bayonetta.You could unlock attires and devil arms and artifacts as you progressed and learn new moves, although all styles and moves previously available would be your standard loadout.Your hq would be the devil may cry shop if you chose dante, or the hq in fortuna if you were nero or hayabusa village for ryu etc, but you could also make your own custom demon hunter and hq.I have tonnes more ideas but I don't want to write a short novel on here lol.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Open world games warrent a pretty big budget and changing the formula(in DMC's case) for it to come out good. At least right now i dont see it happening with DMC.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
So, Dragon's Dogma with an even LARGER emphasis on combat? I'd buy that day one...especially if it means playing as someone other than Dante.

All the customization options in the world can't make him likeable. I'd rather just make my own character.

Top Bottom