• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry, open world RPG?

ninjaa93

i believe dmc should take hints from games like bloodborne as far as boss designs and open worldliness i honestly believe the video game world is leaving behind linear hack n slash games. Thing is its risky you may lose the interest of hardcore combo fans if you try to slow down the pace a little. scalbound seems to have combined this however i am not saying a dmc should look that open.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
i believe dmc should take hints from games like bloodborne as far as boss designs and open worldliness i honestly believe the video game world is leaving behind linear hack n slash games. Thing is its risky you may lose the interest of hardcore combo fans if you try to slow down the pace a little. scalbound seems to have combined this however i am not saying a dmc should look that open.
someone already mentioned this but games like the souls and other RPGs are more expensive and require more time to make. Enemy design, sure, but everyone keeps acting like linear level design is a bad thing. There is room for all types of level design.

Top Bottom