• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5 ? 2015?

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Is there going to be a new devil may cry continuing Nero and Dante's storyline?
I very much doubt it, sad to say. Capcom is going under... so this IP might not be popular enough to remain alive. I've heard some rumors, and a Devil May Cry trademark popped up about half a year ago, but that was probably for the movie. There has been no indication that anyone will continue with DmC or DMC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Considering NT's already working on a new IP, I doubt a DmC2 will appear anytime soon, however Capcom hasn't announced anything or any plans on a DMC5, so that's left unsaid as well.

I say wait till Tokyo Game Show 2014 for anything to show up.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Capcom hasn't really done much this year and considering they're up for sale suggests that something may be happening with them, it would be good to see them under new management, but I'd rather see them crash, burn and see off the assets.
It would still be better for the IPs and it would send a message to other companies.

But Devil May Cry 5, as much as I'd want to see it happen, it would just bring back Dante for fans and it's gameplay would probably be just as s**t as DmC considering everyone though it was actually good.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Capcom is not "up for sale", nor are they "going under". They simply don't have their protection against some corporate buy-out. While concerning, they are not going out of business. There's not a For Sale sign hanging on Capcom's door, and they aren't liquidating assets and abandoning ship as far I can recall.

a Devil May Cry trademark popped up about half a year ago

Last I had seen of that was when someone posted a link to an old article, which linked to an even older trademark registration from before DmC was announced...or something like that. All I remember was that it was a rather old link when it was put up before >.< I don't think there's been anything on the horizon on that front in quite some time, though.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Capcom is not "up for sale", nor are they "going under". They simply don't have their protection against some corporate buy-out. While concerning, they are not going out of business. There's not a For Sale sign hanging on Capcom's door, and they aren't liquidating assets and abandoning ship as far I can recall.

Last I had seen of that was when someone posted a link to an old article, which linked to an even older trademark registration from before DmC was announced...or something like that. All I remember was that it was a rather old link when it was put up before >.< I don't think there's been anything on the horizon on that front in quite some time, though.
Yeah, I just read that they're remaking RE1 again, and before that I read they were going to focus on the mobile market... so it wouldn't make sense if they wanted to sell it all. Still, they need to step up their game, otherwise they will probably get bought out.

The trademark was from 14 February 2014, so... that's almost exactly half a year ago, lol. This is one link that refers to it: http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/devil-...nnouncement-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-imminent/

Don't know why they thought a sequel announcement was imminent though.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So right now its anyone's guess if DMC is gonna continue in any form but if there is one, I dont think it would be released this year.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, I just read that they're remaking RE1 again, and before that I read they were going to focus on the mobile market... so it wouldn't make sense if they wanted to sell it all. Still, they need to step up their game, otherwise they will probably get bought out.

The trademark was from 14 February 2014, so... that's almost exactly half a year ago, lol. This is one link that refers to it: http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/devil-...nnouncement-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-imminent/

Don't know why they thought a sequel announcement was imminent though.

Oh yeah that one. I believe that same exact site linked to a much older registration at one point, and that's why I got confused. Hell, I'm even in the comments of that link you put in there, hahaha.

But yeah, nothing has been done with it, but registering the overall name of the franchise itself leaves a lot of questions, and not exactly hints at something on the horizon.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Honestly, since the Wii U is essentially part of the same generation as the PS3 and 360, we might end up seeing a lot of games on it, much like we did with the Wii, which had about the same production costs as the PS2 did, which is often seen as a golden age of gaming.

Making games for these new systems is getting insanely costly to developers, and I've noticed that at least in Japan, there's a lot of studios that preferred to make games on the "less powerful" system because, much like the golden PS2 era, there was a happy medium between the production costs and the quality that could be obtained.

I could see a lot of devs gravitating a bit more to the Wii U in an attempt to keep that balance of cost and quality. We've got Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U after all :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
WiiU requires additional efforts and adds risk of failure, because of pretty ungrateful user-base, and fact that it harder to port from it to other consoles. I don't think Capcom will make anything big for it in nearest future with exception of Monster Hunter.

Picard

Starfleet Demon

I managed to find this:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/k...-cry-5-tells-fans-to-ask-kobayashi.453439385/

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm not sure that idea of tweet bombing someone's account is a good way to go about things. Especially considering he, like many others in the industry, watched the DMC fanbase tear itself apart and rip on developers left, right, and center because of DmC.

That, and wanting to make a game, and knowing fans want a game, doesn't mean a green light, unfortunately. I'm also still skeptical of Kamiya actually being a good thing for DMC at this point. As I've said before, he's not nearly as responsible for the things we love about DMC than some think he is :x

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, which was pretty much Itsuno and his team(s). The suits at Capcom just need to get real and let the devs do what they want, because that's when they made some of their best stuff :/

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'm not sure that idea of tweet bombing someone's account is a good way to go about things.
Kamiya actually let it slip once that he was interested in making a Star Fox game, but basically called any interest off once he was buried beneath the carpet bombing of Tweets he was getting to make it.

Long story short, do not firebomb a person's Twitter if you want ANYTHING done.

Top Bottom