• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Unified Speculation and Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobfigurz

The New Trailer is very impressive to say the least.

But notice the Nelo-like villains, the blue light coursing across their bodies, the horns and the Armour. I suggest they were fashioned after DMC1 Nelo, but by whom? (in the game)

There was a vast array of enemies on display, some more menacing than others, and we also catch a glimpse of Bosses, unknown as to who they are and what they can do, as well as purpose, we now know what some of them look like.

What was on Dante's hand in that one scene in which he seems to be cutting through the screen with his hand, it was a glove, but was it Ifrit, the fire gauntlet or something new, possibly a weapon detachable from his body, or a new ability?

The environments look Gorgeous, such depth and details, I cannot wait to get this game running on my PS3 with DS3 and at 1080p, Oh Dear Lord!

Chrysander

I was just thinking... If Capcom want to make DMC4 even more crazy than DMC3 by giving Dante more options, more moves, and bigger air combos etc, I am a little worried that maybe it'll be too easy. I hope they balance the game properly as well as give us new interesting tools for smashing skulls. I hope there is still a huge challenge, even for DMC3 veterans who will be familiar with how this kind of combat works. If you can launch an enemy and stay in the air with him for a month, then what's to stop you just annihilating all of them like that? Hopefully they'll step it up and have other enemies more violent, with tools of their own to try and interrupt the more powerful attacks, so you have to be extra careful.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Yeah. That, was put in nice words my friend. I was also thinking of a way to say the same thing. It played in my head, though whenever I wanted to post it on, it just erased in a sec. Keeping an enemy in the air for a month? Damn, that would be boring, quite, hey?

Chrysander

Heh... well from what they've said before, they want to focus even more on crazy combos and stuff. In DMC3, you could whack an enemy into the air and stay there, and even with a simple combo you could get 1/2 energy from them. More advanced players can kill most enemies with one combo, so to expand on that will be extreme. But maybe he will just get more options, which aren't actually any more helpful, they just are for variety and style, so it's not like they will kill everything easily.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Ooooooh!! Crazy combos is my rain! I cant wait till I can try the new ones out. With the old styles, I hope they have different moves though. Differ weapons, differ moves, yes. But, also with the old weapons, differ moves, yes.

Chrysander

I am hoping that all weapons will have at least 6 mid air moves, including swordmaster:

X,triangle
X,R1+forward+triangle
X,R1+back+triangle
X,O
X,R1+forward+O
X,R1+back+O

That would be awesome, they could make so much variety there.

Another idea is super moves. These could be done by holding L1 then releasing, and pressing a button. This would do alternative demon release attacks. In DMC3 you just had the one explosion, but you could have like:

Hold L1, release, triangle - Super combo for the weapon which is equipped. So Dante transforms whilst doing the attack, and uses up appropriate orbs for how long you held L1, and it does proportionate damage. Kind of like the super combos in Street Fighter etc.

Hold L1, square - super combo with gun

Hold L1, X - super jump, could cause an explosion on the ground, sending Dante really high - could hit enemies above like a missle, and hit enemies ont he ground at launch because of huge fireball

Hold L1, O - Super Style move - depending on which style you are on at the time. So you would have alternative sword and gun combos for each weapon, and you would have a super trickster move - maybe you get an extra Dante appear per orb used up, busting out across the screen really quick, smacking things in the proximity. And with royal guard it could be a super tough release palm strike.

Also I'd like to see a wider variety of taunts, so you could press a direction + select to choose from 4 taunts for the level that you're at, meaning you'd have a total of 21 taunts. I get tired of hearing him say the same things.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Oooooooohhh!!!!! Thanks for some new rain there Chrysander! I hope they have that in the game!! Now you make me feel like having the game in my hands!
You shall die!
Sorry, it had just slipped out.

Chrysander

Alternatively, he could just get different attacks with his weapons once he transforms, kind of like with Vergil and Nelo Angelo, except more interesting.

aoshi

The information and the movies about the game are really great.But involving humans in the game is something i was not expecting.

Dante using two styles in real-time sounds great but the difficulty should not be lowered.

But humans ,a definite "NO" from me.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
He speaks of the part that Dante killed human members of the Order.
But in the cut-scenes-full-fight video we see Dante showing the body of one of the dead members which has turned into a demon so Dante did not kill humans;)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Yes. Correct Tony. In the video interview they said the same. About Nero's buddy being a demon and then when Dante killed him he was human again. Kinda confusing.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Tony_Redgrave;53196 said:
He speaks of the part that Dante killed human members of the Order.
But in the cut-scenes-full-fight video we see Dante showing the body of one of the dead members which has turned into a demon so Dante did not kill humans;)

*Dissapointed* :dry:

*sigh* Oh well. I guess I should have figured. He was probably able to smell them or however he figures out whos a demon and whos not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom