• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Unified Speculation and Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobfigurz

Okay, to help the mods out a little I have started this thread to contain speculation and theories which you may have, also questions and debates/discussions in regards to DMC4.

My first topic within this thread is about the recent News that Vergil and his voice actor will be a part of DMC4.

Even for the hardcore Vergil fans, you have to leave room for the possibility that Vergil may not be a main Character, I said previously that Capcom only stated Vergil will appear in the game and his voice actor is said to be part of the crew, but think about this as a possibility: Vergil 'could' only be present in flashbacks/thoughts from Dante's mind, remember that Capcom didnt specify in which capacity Vergil would appear in the game.

As for the 'Power' line, as I have said before, the silhouette I see in the illustration of Nero with his Devil Bringer raised to chest height, there is a demon, but that Demon doesnt look like Nelo(Vergil), dispite the horns, but also, by the same token he could have been redesigned for the new generation.

Anything and everything is possible.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
A new baddie Im sticking with.
Or maybe Vergil... I suppose...
So the more power part Nero said himself right?

Mobfigurz

Indeed he did, watch the Trailer again if you have to, just to familiarize yourself with whats said, but as I recall Nero says:

'From that day forth my Arm changed and a voice echoed Power...Give me more Power'

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
And who could be the new villain..?
Someone from the Order?
Someone the Order was to summon?
Someone that both the Order and Dante want dead?

It's the only thing we have absolutely no idea about:huh:

Mobfigurz

I have just finished watching a New interview with Kobayashi, but unfortunately, nothing important was said about DMC4, just the basics about the inclusion of Nero.

Raziel

Devil bringer
do u think that the bad guy in the end turns out to be the demon voice in nero's head and possess nero's body after it got so much power it needed after progressing in the game and transforms into that demon we saw in illustration above nero and Dante will turn out to be the True hero of this part and fights him^_^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Maybe Nero knows too.
Maybe it is not Nero that has something that Dante wants. But the Order of the Sword in general.
Dante simply asked Nero to give it back to him since he was the one fighting him at the time.

Raziel

Devil bringer
Mostly my guess would go for that "devil bringer"...yea thats what Dante wants from Nero^_^

morrigan

I disagree. Dante wants "devil bringer"... What for? He is half-devil and he's more powerful than "devil bringer". Dante would kill Nero. Like he killed people of Order. No... There is something else.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Something like?
Wait a minut! Remember when Dante killed most of the organisation when he made his break-in entry?
Maybe after that when he said, "Return it to me..." he was talking to Nero and Nero knew about what he was talking about and then rudely kicked him in the face!

Or maybe the arm did the fighting in Nero's body. You know, controlled his body for that little time it had?
Correct me.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
DemonSlayer6;44544 said:
Nero knew about what he was talking about and then rudely kicked him in the face!

Rudely? Hehe ^^, well what do you expect? It's most likely that all Nero knows is that Dante is killing off his people, so Dante is a baddie in his eyes. (And in some of ours) Nero probably doesn't even know that Dante is only half demon.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Because he is only human(Nero) and not aware of him being devil? Well maybe in the end Nero is a little devil, as said before by... ummmm... someone I know.
But still we dont know anything about the game yet, you must remember.
And the producer could be lieing to us about Nero being full human because he wants us to be averwhelmed and to jump in our seats so we get the game and find out the truth!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not a lie. Perhaps he starts off as a human and grows closer to being devil as the game develops. Sort of like Prince of Persia: The two Thrones where the Prince was corrupted more and more as the game was nearing its end.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Yeah! That could be a good middle.
And then everytime you get stronger the arms power increases to some sort when Nero cant control it anymore and then it goes Biserk!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes from what I know through some videos, Nero gains new powers for the hand as the game goes on. Which could lead us to believe that along with new powers he slightly loses his humanity?
Good one.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I didnt know that myself!

But, look at the picture next to my name and also in this pic Dante puts his sword up and Nero's arm is being cut, the devil bringer has something to do with Dante and what he wants!
Also the other picture ebony and ivory are pointed, one to the head and one to the hand!
Ring any bells??

Mobfigurz

So Im sticking with my theory that the possession gains control of Nero, but at some point, through Dante's intervention the possession is reversed, since Capcom want to use Nero in other DMC's I would say he survives the possession in the end of DMC4.

And I wonder if the images 'DemonSlayer' is talking about are actually shots from gameplay.
If so, it appears that Nero does reveal the Devil Bringer in the Temple, but I think it may just be promotional images.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
True they seem promotional images to me as well. And in the 1st picture I'd say that it isn't Dante that aimed to hit Nero's arm. Rather Nero chose to block with it as he had not his own sword with him. And the picture probably shows that Nero's Arm in the gameplay is as important as Dante's weapons. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom