• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
sHToyxf.gif

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Hmmm... you know, I'm wondering if they're going to somehow re-use old animations from DMC3, or if Dan Southworth is going to do the motion capture. After all, he is specialized in mocap, as far as I know.
Maybe we'd get a video like this one again:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I may hate DMC4, but this is still some big ass news! This was one of the things I wanted for DMC4 and HERE IT IS! FINALLY Capcom does something right after SO long!!

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Will we meet Vergil's wifey?

Edit: Sunny, sure Vergil's coat matches if we are to see him 17 years before DMC4( the first time Sanctus saw him in his room)
HE HAS A WIFE?!? :eek:

Playable Vergil?
Unlocked costumes?
WISHLIST INBOUND!
  • Normal
  • Coatless
  • Super
  • DMC 3
  • DMC 3 Coatless
  • DMC 3 Super
  • Corrupt
  • Coatless Corrupt
  • Super Corrupt
  • Some kind of blue kimono
  • Suit (Black or Sky Blue)
  • DmC (Outfit only)
  • Coatless DmC
  • DmC Devil Trigger (Outfit only)
  • DmC Super
  • Vante
  • Super Vante
  • Diesel
  • Super Diesel (noticing a pattern here?)

Last edited:

btmudd28

Part of me has to wonder if they're releasing both to gauge interest in which series people are more interested in; DmC or DMC. Also, is Ninja Theory handling the DMC4 Special Edition or an internal Capcom team?? Either way, exciting times lay ahead for Devil May Cry fans, here's hoping to more games in either canon!

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
Part of me has to wonder if they're releasing both to gauge interest in which series people are more interested in; DmC or DMC. Also, is Ninja Theory handling the DMC4 Special Edition or an internal Capcom team?? Either way, exciting times lay ahead for Devil May Cry fans, here's hoping to more games in either canon!
Well, considering that NT used Unreal Engine due to their familiarity with the engine to make DmC, I doubt they'd be willing to learn MT Framework while they're remastering their game and developing many other titles. I think DMC4 is being handled by the original devs of the game, among others at Capcom Japan.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well, judging from DmC's sales, people are obviously more interested in DMC. If it could've sold 5 million, but expectations went down to 2 million, and it only reached 1.1 million... obviously DMC. Even if not a single person in the fanbase liked DmC, it still should've sold more than 1.1 million -- which shows that not only fans didn't like DmC, most people in general didn't. People are more interested in DMC. Capcom should know that.

But, I think Capcom are idiots, because they probably still don't realize that Devil May Cry fans like DMC for more than just gameplay + characters' appearance. I think that shows from how they decided to release classic skins now, AND decided to erase some of DmC's gameplay flaws. They think that if they can fix some gameplay flaws, that'll make up for everything, which is not the case. DmC still wouldn't be likable to many people, because they just don't like DmC's characters, atmosphere, style, plot, music, etc. Improving the gameplay won't change that.

They ignore fans of their series and just decide for themselves what sounds logical, and p!ss people off as a result. DMC4 is by no means representative of the DMC series. Also, it was considered the second worst DMC and there's much hate towards it, so gauging how much people want DMC to return just by looking at DMC4 SE's sales... that would be a moronic thing to do. But, I wouldn't put it past Capcom.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mother of Moses! Could it be? Is this really happening?! :eek: "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

TonyRedgraveDMC

I highly expect everything will be like DMC3:SE compared to DMC3. Vergil playable (though him playable through all 20 missions seems farfetch'd, they'd have to give Vergil what he needs to make it through Dante & Nero's stuff) so in lieu of that I expect a much smaller storyline of his own (I do highly expect new Vergil content to also squeeze in more clarification on Nero, so probably pre-DMC4 plot for gameplay) minor fixes (like how DMC3:SE made the menus and galleries nicer and fuller) and an extra after-game scene or two.

The Final Offer

That moment when you remembered that the people that worked on DMC4 could've learned something new in DmC and decided to show what they learned in DMC 4 Special Edition.

That other moment when you realize that DMC4 and the DmC creators are working together on this. So now Ninja Theory may have a hand in DMC4 special edition. Maybe even Vergil's campaign (if he has one).

That last moment you draw your last breath of the last time you lasted long playing Turbo mode.

That moment where you think this last post will have more information and it doesn't, because I have to finish Christmas shopping.

Top Bottom