• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, judging from DmC's sales, people are obviously more interested in DMC. If it could've sold 5 million, but expectations went down to 2 million, and it only reached 1.1 million... obviously DMC. Even if not a single person in the fanbase liked DmC, it still should've sold more than 1.1 million -- which shows that not only fans didn't like DmC, most people in general didn't. People are more interested in DMC. Capcom should know that.

But, I think Capcom are idiots, because they probably still don't realize that Devil May Cry fans like DMC for more than just gameplay + characters' appearance. I think that shows from how they decided to release classic skins now, AND decided to erase some of DmC's gameplay flaws. They think that if they can fix some gameplay flaws, that'll make up for everything, which is not the case. DmC still wouldn't be likable to many people, because they just don't like DmC's characters, atmosphere, style, plot, music, etc. Improving the gameplay won't change that.

They ignore fans of their series and just decide for themselves what sounds logical, and p!ss people off as a result. DMC4 is by no means representative of the DMC series. Also, it was considered the second worst DMC and there's much hate towards it, so gauging how much people want DMC to return just by looking at DMC4 SE's sales... that would be a moronic thing to do. But, I wouldn't put it past Capcom.

Please don't use sales as some sort of gauge. Don't be a suit that's out of touch with the industry. They wanted DmC to sell Call of Duty numbers, which no game in the genre could ever do to begin with. CoD only gets the numbers it does from people who literally only care about CoD. Similarly, keep in mind that used game sales are never taken into account on these sales figures, and many penny-pinching gamers have found games they love not buying a brand new copy. Sales also don't account well for acclaim, there's games like Bayonetta, the DMCs, Okami, even Godhand that are incredible games that didn't sell as well as they should have.

All in all I don't see any reason why this has to be any kind of DMC vs DmC interest thing anyway. Why the hell can't we have both? There's nothing that says we must choose, and gathering interest for both versions, for the entire series itself is way better than having to toss one into the fire so the other can be warm.

GAMES ARE COMING! LOTS OF GAMES! LET'S JUST BE HAPPY ABOUT THAT!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That moment when you remembered that the people that worked on DMC4 could've learned something new in DmC and decided to show what they learned in DMC 4 Special Edition.

This actually crossed my mind. I'd love to see if they implemented things that they may have learned during DmC's development. And before anyone gets all cranky about the idea, think about it being a mode you can toggle on and off, like how DmC-DE- has the Hardcore mode switch :p You don't have to use it if'n yah dun wannooo.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
H2MIPnh.gif

My two favorite Devil May Cry games.

Are getting. SPECIAL EDITIONS...?

WfeO6Oz.gif

And c-costumes...? And NEW MODES?

GVCKhfn.gif

Oh, wait...
3qk1Ggo.gif

(I don't own a PS4...)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Commence heavy breathing.

I need a next gen console...I actually need one.

Well, you know...by the time this bad boy comes out.

Let's all just be happy that there's been good news on both the DMC and DmC fronts. This is an occasion to celebrate, my Devil May Cry brothers and sisters! Let the wine flow...or you know, the fruit punch for those of you who are under age or don't want booze.

*Throws confetti around*

I feel so much happiness. ^^

Edit @WolfOD64 That last gif. :laugh: Exactly what went through my head when I remembered it wouldn't be on PS3.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, judging from DmC's sales, people are obviously more interested in DMC. If it could've sold 5 million, but expectations went down to 2 million, and it only reached 1.1 million... obviously DMC. Even if not a single person in the fanbase liked DmC, it still should've sold more than 1.1 million -- which shows that not only fans didn't like DmC, most people in general didn't. People are more interested in DMC. Capcom should know that.

But, I think Capcom are idiots, because they probably still don't realize that Devil May Cry fans like DMC for more than just gameplay + characters' appearance. I think that shows from how they decided to release classic skins now, AND decided to erase some of DmC's gameplay flaws. They think that if they can fix some gameplay flaws, that'll make up for everything, which is not the case. DmC still wouldn't be likable to many people, because they just don't like DmC's characters, atmosphere, style, plot, music, etc. Improving the gameplay won't change that.

They ignore fans of their series and just decide for themselves what sounds logical, and p!ss people off as a result. DMC4 is by no means representative of the DMC series. Also, it was considered the second worst DMC and there's much hate towards it, so gauging how much people want DMC to return just by looking at DMC4 SE's sales... that would be a moronic thing to do. But, I wouldn't put it past Capcom.
Ugh. Enough please. Is it so hard to freaking fathom that more people in this fandom actually do dig both versions than you think? DmC didn't do that bad in sales regardless. And like TwoX says, sales don't always show the acclaim. A lot of you here love Bayonetta and that series didn't even sell generally as many copies as DmC with a sequel that is also not performing its best. Doesn't make it a bad game, but also I guess we should never say never because Bayonetta was something that was brought back from the dead. LET'S HAVE BOTH! THE MORE THE MERRIER!

DmC to me has always been like Ultimate Devil May Cry, while the original is Earth 616. (Just so you know, this is a Marvel comics comparison because Marvel has the original continuity and they also have the Ultimate comics) It's not always freaking DmC Vs. DMC.

THEY'RE BOTH FREAKING DEVIL MAY CRY AND WHAT THIS FORUM EXIST FOR.

classic_dante__dmc_3__and_neo_dante___dmc__cosplay_by_leonchirocosplayart-d62ufzq.jpg

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I can't wait to get my Vergil fix. WITH BOTH VERSIONS! :woot:
Honestly, just hearing Daniel Southworth's vocals say that iconic "I need more power!" was very reinvigorating for me. I wonder if Vergil will be getting more styles? Will he be able to switch instantaneously like Dante in DMC4? Ugh, my head is already spinning thinking about the possibilities! Also, going back to the subject of Vergil's voice over, I'm curious if they actually got Daniel Southworth to record new lines for the game. How big is Vergil's involvement?

I'm also still curious what this beast is gonna look like. For a game that's almost over 6 years old, Devil May Cry 4 still looks great on my PC with max settings. Are there going to be huge graphical overhauls?

ChaserTech

As much as I want to be excited for the DmC: Definitive Edition news, which is great news for DMC and DmC fans alike, I can't help to feel that the people who complained about the features before they were added were right. Mainly color coded enemies, lack of manual lock-on, easy campaign modes, no turbo mode, easy parry/demon dodge system, and 30fps locked on consoles as well as other features.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm complaining about these features being added. It's just that a lot of people who wanted this when the game was released were being ridiculed by people defending DmC's design choices. Especially with the Manual Lock-on system (I'll go through the threads myself if people want to see what I'm talking about so I can provide examples) But as soon as Capcom/NT comes out with a video explaining the features that everyone wanted in the original release, as well as community mods, everyone embraces it and acts like we did not want it in the first place.

It's still good news for DmC. I'm just kinda disappointed to see that people who wanted these things in the first place were originally right to begin with.

But I'm more excited for DMC4: SE though. Even if it's just a 10+ second clip of DMC4's logo with Vergil saying "I NEED MORE POWER"

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
I highly doubt that there will be another DmC since ninja theory have moved on to make other games like hellblade whic is still in the begining of the development cycle and from the looks of the two trailers and the following years release date it seems capcom is ready to introduce the next game soon so if ninja theory are busy with their game i think their wont be a DmC unless capcom makes it themselves which brings me to my second point that the patent that was filled for devil may cry wasnt DmC it was DMC like the old series many of you would argue that it makes no difference but it does because if you making a sequel of a game it always is filed in the same name and since its not DmC it must be the old series because this is a new patent

Top Bottom