• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DEVIL MAY CRY 4-S RANKING JOURNEY

MKH Spartan

Well, there is no lock on in the reboot because it's stupid, honestly, that is the thing which annoys me most about the whole game, WHERE IS MY DAMN LOCK-ON!!!!!

I know you can get DMC3 looking Dante, didn't realise you could get DMC3 Vergil, I'll have to have a look at that then.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Well, there is no lock on in the reboot because it's stupid, honestly, that is the thing which annoys me most about the whole game, WHERE IS MY DAMN LOCK-ON!!!!!

I know you can get DMC3 looking Dante, didn't realise you could get DMC3 Vergil, I'll have to have a look at that then.

I never really had a problem on having no "lock on" on DmC. It had some sort of smart-auto-lock-on. Just saiyan.

MKH Spartan

I never really had a problem on having no "lock on" on DmC. It had some sort of smart-auto-lock-on. Just saiyan.
Eh, everyone's different, I hate how I can't tell who I am locked on, I do Overdrive for example and instead of hitting the enemy in my face, Dante aims it at some random on the back line and goes "There, I hit someone" and I'm like "Wtf Dante, where is your lock on?" and procede to get hit. Also no lock on to stay locked on harpies is VERY annoying, as they tend to fly off the screen half the time, or fall in a group of enemies after I take their wings out and I have to try find the right one, rather than just holding down lock on and pulling it back up to me.

Personally, if they put proper lock on in the game, I think the combat would be a lot better for it.

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Eh, everyone's different, I hate how I can't tell who I am locked on, I do Overdrive for example and instead of hitting the enemy in my face, Dante aims it at some random on the back line and goes "There, I hit someone" and I'm like "Wtf Dante, where is your lock on?" and procede to get hit. Also no lock on to stay locked on harpies is VERY annoying, as they tend to fly off the screen half the time, or fall in a group of enemies after I take their wings out and I have to try find the right one, rather than just holding down lock on and pulling it back up to me.

Personally, if they put proper lock on in the game, I think the combat would be a lot better for it.

Yeah, I know it's kinda annoying not knowing who you are locked on to. Also one way of having more precise targeting push the directional buttons where the enemy is. Even up close, it rarely fails to hit your target. Though, I still agree with you that DmC should have a lock on. .or at an option for some icon/reticule on your target.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

you made me LOL so hard at both of these lmao ahahahahaha but anyway i agree i want a lock on i love lock on i think its stupid not to have one in a hack and slash game but whatever ill get used to it now to the matter at hand i played dmc4 last night and s ranked mission 10 i then played mission 11 and got man handled my sanctus i decided i would do some youtube research see what im doing wrong...WHY IN HOLY HELL DID NO ONE THINK TO TIP ME OFF THAT WHEN SANCTUS FLY'S INTO SANCTUS AND THE STATUE GOES TO HIT YOU THAT YOU CAN BUSTER THE STATUE AND ITLL SPIT HIM BACK OUT SO YOU CAN COMBO HIM THAT WOUDLVE BEEN HELPFUL INFORMATION FOLKS AS I AM ON DANTE MUST DIE MODE!!!!!!!!...just saiyan

MKH Spartan

you made me LOL so hard at both of these lmao ahahahahaha but anyway i agree i want a lock on i love lock on i think its stupid not to have one in a hack and slash game but whatever ill get used to it now to the matter at hand i played dmc4 last night and s ranked mission 10 i then played mission 11 and got man handled my sanctus i decided i would do some youtube research see what im doing wrong...WHY IN HOLY HELL DID NO ONE THINK TO TIP ME OFF THAT WHEN SANCTUS FLY'S INTO SANCTUS AND THE STATUE GOES TO HIT YOU THAT YOU CAN BUSTER THE STATUE AND ITLL SPIT HIM BACK OUT SO YOU CAN COMBO HIM THAT WOUDLVE BEEN HELPFUL INFORMATION FOLKS AS I AM ON DANTE MUST DIE MODE!!!!!!!!...just saiyan
Lol yea, I didn't figure that out for ages, until I used youtube myself lol. Once you get the hang of the boss fights against Sanctus, I would say he is one of the easiest bosses in the game to beat while taking no damage.

Also, I checked the DLC for DmC, there is no DMC3 Vergil outfit.....

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Lol yea, I didn't figure that out for ages, until I used youtube myself lol. Once you get the hang of the boss fights against Sanctus, I would say he is one of the easiest bosses in the game to beat while taking no damage.

Also, I checked the DLC for DmC, there is no DMC3 Vergil outfit.....

really??? well blame o shea cuz i believe hes the one that told me there was :( and yah i watched the youtube vid and i was like wtf??????? you can do that?????? lol and its so easy the timing takes no real effort lol sorry about the outfit i really thought there was one

MKH Spartan

really??? well blame o shea cuz i believe hes the one that told me there was :( and yah i watched the youtube vid and i was like wtf??????? you can do that?????? lol and its so easy the timing takes no real effort lol sorry about the outfit i really thought there was one
Mmm yea I would like it, but eh, I prefer new Dante's movelist over new Vergil's in DmC actually, although I am still doing some no damage runs with Vergil on it, done Missions 1 and 2 so far (out of 6 missions total).

New Vergil's movelist just feels so... limited, in comparison to Dante's. It's fine, just lacks enough options for my liking.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Mmm yea I would like it, but eh, I prefer new Dante's movelist over new Vergil's in DmC actually, although I am still doing some no damage runs with Vergil on it, done Missions 1 and 2 so far (out of 6 missions total).

New Vergil's movelist just feels so... limited, in comparison to Dante's. It's fine, just lacks enough options for my liking.

thats how i felt about dmc3 vergil as well when i played through

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

I said nothing about a DMC 3 Vergil outfit only a dmc3 Dante one on console as dlc and a dmc3 Vergil costume mod for pc

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I said nothing about a DMC 3 Vergil outfit only a dmc3 Dante one on console as dlc and a dmc3 Vergil costume mod for pc

Ahhhh for the pc lol my bad also i have found a bunch of helpful tips for the dmd mode on youtube makes it so much easier what i wanna ask anyone is...dance can throw his sword when you hold x my question is can you take out a blitz sheild with that move?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
SOOOOOOOO S RANKED HUMAN, DEVIL HUNTER, AND SON OF SPARDA, AND NOW I HAVE MISSIONS 1 TO 15 S RANKED ON DANTE MUST DIE MODE THE COUNTDOWN FOR THE LAST 5 MISSIONS HAS BEGUN any tips anyone would like to offer to help with 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 would be awsome

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
MISSIONS 1 TO 19 HAVE BEEN S RANKED FOR DANTE MUST DIE MODE MISSION 20 ENDS TONIGHT:) AFTER THAT SUPER NERO AND HELL OR HELL MODE

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well that is it my s ranking journey for dmc4 is over i have s ranked human, devil hunter, son of sparda, dante must die, and bloody palace i have 40 out of 46 achievements for this game so all thats left is to complete hell or hell and get as many demons killed and proud souls for the last achievements thanks for all your help everyone my next dmc conquest will be dmc3 :)

MKH Spartan

DMD MODE IS DONE AND S RANKED ON MY FIRST GO THROUGH I MIGHT ADD I MADE SANCTUS ON MISSION 20 LOOK SOOOO DUMD TRIPLE S'D HIM BUT I GOT AN A FOR TIME:( ANYWAY HELL OR HELL IS NEXT...any tips you can give me for hell or hell what am i too expect?
In my opinion, Hell or Hell is easier than DMD, so it shouldn't be very hard for you if you just S ranked DMD.

Top Bottom