• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 - My favorite moments

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I wanted to make this thread to share with you guys the moments I enjoyed the most in the game, cinematically speaking. That implies camera movements, coreography, music, acting and so on. In no particular order of preference.
Oh, I captured the images and the gifs I needed directly from the game I own, that's why you'll see Italian subtitles. Sorry for that, but you don't need to understand the subs, I'm sure you remember the game enough :wink:

Now, DMC3 is filled with moments I enjoyed, so if a scene isn't here, doesn't necessarily mean I didn't like it (though there are some, yes). These are just the ones that are the most memorable for me personally :smile:

- The intro

dmc3se_2015_02_01_13_46_11_058_zps7raavuat.png

This scene is cool as sh!t. It's a flashforward that shows Dante and Vergil fighting at the top of Temen Ni Gru. The cool thing is that almost the entire scene is shown in slow motion, making us see that even the rain is slower than the two brothers's swings. We see the rain drops being deviated around them by their strikes, and when the scene goes at normal speed, we can see that, as a result, the movements of their swords combined with the deviated rain drops forms a dome around them, which shatters as soons as they stop fighting. Thumb up for that, Itsuno, a nice touch.

- Pool shot

1426ja8.gif

Well, who would have thought you can beat demons up with pool balls? Dante can.
This scene is so awesomely over the top it's stuck on my head. Enough said.

- The heartwarming family reunion

dmc3se_2015_02_01_13_52_56_504_zps5fezytbk.png

dmc3se_2015_02_01_13_53_10_970_zps2s1mayms.png

The first time we see the two brothers together on screen.
The atmosphere is fairly heavy, Dante jokes around with Vergil, and he even keeps up with Dante, but the tone of the music and the camera that strafes around them suggests that it's only appearance, the calm before the storm. I liked that contrast.

-
Sons of Sparda assemble!

dmc3se_2015_02_01_15_08_09_643_zpsnhm0xr7m.png

Ooooh yissss! Goddamn if this scene is cool! The two brothers fight side by side against Arkham! They have different reasons to do that, but I liked how they decided to set aside their struggle and differences to face the common enemy. This is also symbolized by the fact that they even switch their swords during the fight:

fc1kec.gif

And that's f*cking cool. Dante and Vergil together tear Arkham up!

Oh I know what you're thinking... "Where the JACKPOT!!! moment?"
Well, that's so iconic and classic it doesn't even need to be in this list, simple as that :wink:

- Goodbye, father

dmc3se_2015_02_01_14_01_54_091_zps0otj9vtd.png

This is the moment when Lady finally reaches her goal. She can take her revenge.
She's determined to kill her father, and shoots multiple shots at him in an outburst. I liked the fact that the camera changes shot at every Lady's gunshot (no pun intended), only to finally show her relieved and free from the weight she carried in her heart.
She's now free from the weight of her revenge and laughs in relief... only to cry just after.

dmc3se_2015_02_01_14_02_18_191_zps0gooou22.png

Arkham might have been a terrible person, but he was still her father. Her family. Now she doesn't have one anymore.

-
I - need - more - power!

dmc3%20i%20need%20more%20power_zps0yhc3h8q.gif

The iconic line of Vergil's character, it's in the records of Devil May Cry's history. I freaking love the way Dan Southworth delivered that phrase... the way he articulates those words and clenches his fist while he pronounces them... damn menacing and pure badassness. Period.

- Final showdown

dmc3%20final%20showdown_zps5uq92zuf.gif

Jesus. Christ.
I love everything of this scene. The way Vergil prepares his sword for the run (+1 to your badassness there, Vergil), the way the camera keeps switching between different shots of the two brothers running and the scene on its entirety, the music, dramatic and epic at the same time, which silences all the sounds while they run closer and closer to each other, until they stop.

dmc3se_2015_02_01_14_13_43_969_zpscweh9l64.png

dmc3se_2015_02_01_14_13_46_467_zpswe1ug1nb.png

dmc3se_2015_02_01_14_13_51_133_zpsosokj2an.png

I read somewhere that Dan and Reuben had to repeat this scene multiple times, cause Itsuno wanted it perfect. Well, goddamn it paid off!

Holy f*cking sh!t. Applauses.

- The downfall

dmc3%20vergil%20falls_zps1tvoxzi9.gif

This scene doesn't present any particular cinematic direction's feat, it's in fact pretty simple in comparison to many other scenes in the game. But it still manages to reach the heart.
We see Vergil's last act of pride: he wants to stay in the land of the father he admires and falls into the dark void of the Netherworld. We will not see this Vergil again.

Or... maybe we will...

M4IM949_zpstlgarpjr.png

Now I wanna hear you, fellow devil hunters! What are the best moments and scenes in the game for you? I'm curious to know :wink:

Oh, and for the love of God, let it be a positive thread. No bashing, no baiting, no aggressiveness/passive-aggressiveness.

And expect a thread like this for DMC4 and DmC as well!

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nice job man i love all the scenes you
posted, but i would like to add to it.I can't post pics or vids so il just write a list.

Dante walking accross with the blades stuck in him and punching the jukebox and the whole intro scene

Dante putting on his coat and making his shop collapse over a sneeze

Dante mocking cerberus and channeling some bruce lee

Dante aquiring the cerberus nunchucks and showing them off

Dante rocking out on stage using nevan as a guitar

Dante toying with lady shooting her bullets out of the air

Dante catching lady and her shooting him

Dante running down the tower after his awakening

Anything with jester , he is hilarious

Vergil killing beowolf

Dante fighting his shadow when he aquires doppleganger

The jackpot scene

Dante using lady's bike to kill demons

Dante receiving kallina ann from lady

Dante aquiring and using agni and rudra and telling them no talking

there are more i haven't thought of i am sure.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nice job man i love all the scenes you
posted, but i would like to add to it.I can't post pics or vids so il just write a list.

Dante walking accross with the blades stuck in him and punching the jukebox and the whole intro scene

Dante putting on his coat and making his shop collapse over a sneeze

Dante mocking cerberus and channeling some bruce lee

Dante aquiring the cerberus nunchucks and showing them off

Dante rocking out on stage using nevan as a guitar

Dante toying with lady shooting her bullets out of the air

Dante catching lady and her shooting him

Dante running down the tower after his awakening

Anything with jester , he is hilarious

Vergil killing beowolf

Dante fighting his shadow when he aquires doppleganger

The jackpot scene

Dante using lady's bike to kill demons

Dante receiving kallina ann from lady

Dante aquiring and using agni and rudra and telling them no talking

there are more i haven't thought of i am sure.

Let's just say the entire game hahaha

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
everything in cerberus fight is my favorite scene, the rise of temen ni gru and ofc the family reunion.. man the game was awesome, and it was the one with the longest playtime in the series.. enjoyed every second of it..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
everything in cerberus fight is my favorite scene, the rise of temen ni gru and ofc the family reunion.. man the game was awesome, and it was the one with the longest playtime in the series.. enjoyed every second of it..

It is indeed a masterpiece of direction. I think it has to do with the failure of DMC2. Itsuno wanted to show what he could really do, so he put a lot of effort in DMC3. And this is the result.

SimoneSloe

I agree with you @Foxtrot94 ! But my favorite moments are every scenes where there are Dante and Vergil! Also the scenes with the pool shoot, BAAAAAAM !!! That's great!!!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-The Mission 1 opening with him fighting off demons in his shop.

-Mocking Cerberus

-Missile surfing

-Nevan. The whole thing.

-Dante chilling in his shop at the end of the game.

Top Bottom