• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Hunter For A Day!

Best music to listen to while killin' some demons?

• Metal

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Rap (Hope not)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Dubstep

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • orchestra

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Obviously, You (and pretty much everybody in this topic) and I have differing opinions because I thought the Metal tracks didn't fit DMC and, personally, I would hate having Dubstep as part of it. The reason being is that most of the Metal in DMC3 and DMC4's soundtrack were annoying (especially the lyrics) and didn't add any musical depth to the franchise (DMC3 being the better of the two because it had more variety and a couple of the Metal songs were actually enjoyable (Surrounding Fear, Vergil Battle 2, and Vergil's Divine Hate being my favorites). Dubstep is a poor choice, to me, because the glitchiness and spontanuity of the genre would be disruptive and just wouldn't fit. Plus, Dubstep generally has a demonic tone that just... doesn't fit DMC... at all.

The reason why I believe Hip- Hop would be a better choice is because of its focus on the rhythym of the drums and, if done professionally, its lyrical prowess. Particularly, those four songs would definitely fit DMC because:

1. The first song (Red Dress) has lyrics that fit (or at least make allusion to) Dante's personality and some of his characteristics. The opening of the song is nice and could fit almost any cutscene (except the more dramatic ones) and the pace of the song matches DMC pretty well. And may I ask how you are disturbed by the lyrics of this song and yet are not disturbed by the overly-... demonic tones of the two songs you pulled up?

2. Power is good because its lyrics are nice and, again, its pace matches well with DMC. The lyrics are generally about a man who has too much power in his hands, which is a good referrence to the amount of power Sparda, Vergil, and Dante have as well to, maybe, some of the conflictions they have with having that power.

3. And I agree, Till I collapse is perfect. And I assume that by not mentioning Tech N9ne's The Beast you are agreeing with me on that one being a good track as well.
i agree with you on everything and respect your opinion about not liking dubstep. yes the hip hop songs such as red dress power and till i collapse do fit good but do you honestly believe that these tracks would go well when you are fighting demons in the game and these tracks are playing at the background. yes the lyrics are very good but the songs overall dont give a demonic feel since the game is about killing demons. i think hip hop can only suit in the trailers somehow. metal and dubstep have a demonic feel as you said in your post they would fit perfectly in the game.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'd be just me i'll get my workout shoes,my red hoodie and for weapons i don't need them because I'm hanging out with dante I'll just take my ps3 to check out how good he does in his own games :D

oh and i'll use this theme to fight enemies if i have to i'll borrow some devil arms from dante as he doesn't even care about force-edge
and this
dubstep just doesn't feel as good as metal especially if you're kicking ass

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
^Actually awesome. POP: WW had some of the most enjoyable battles in action games ever. As a fan of both the music and two-weapons fighting I was practically in love with the game. I still play it now and then.

So yeah, even in the DMC world, the WW ost would be great XD

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
^Actually awesome. POP: WW had some of the most enjoyable battles in action games ever. As a fan of both the music and two-weapons fighting I was practically in love with the game. I still play it now and then.
So yeah, even in the DMC world, the WW ost would be great XD

Techno isn't bad for ex i like techo/dubstep BGM of dbzBt3 because it perfectly suits the vibe of the game
but when in the dark world of DMC only metal is the best option

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
What if you could become a Devil Hunter like Dante for a day?
What would you wear?
What Devil arms would you have?
What kind of demon would you be?

Let your imagination sore on this idea. Picture yourself a badass demon hunter, working with THE Dante himself! (DMC1,2,3,4)

So what do you think? What would you do, demonized demon hunters? Also, what would your devil triggers be, and where would you go to hunt demons?

The choice is yours!
First of all, i'd wear order of the sword wear :D everything white: a corset with shorts(red stripes on the sides), kneelength boots with laces, a coat with the order's red logo at the back.
I'd carry pandora's box i guess or just two simple twin guns.
I'd be something like Nevan ^_^
BUT i'd eat pizza and strawberry sundaes all day *o*

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's something that without knowing where it's coming from, it seems weird, but if you do, you think it's super-special-awesomeXD
(Main theme from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Its really rare to find Rap as opening/intro themes for anime i've heard this name more than one time this anime must be something hey @tony can you compare this anime to dbz or SamuraiX or death note ? how much do you like this anime >good>great>Awesome ! ?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Its really rare to find Rap as opening/intro themes for anime i've heard this name more than one time this anime must be something hey @tony can you compare this anime to dbz or SamuraiX or death note ? how much do you like this anime >good>great>Awesome ! ?

It's completely different from those but I think it can stand as an equal rival. The first 7 episodes aren't as great, but from then on it keeps getting better and better. It's good enough to be called awesomeXD

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's completely different from those but I think it can stand as an equal rival. The first 7 episodes aren't as great, but from then on it keeps getting better and better. It's good enough to be called awesomeXD

I'd definitely give it a try :D
Back on topic what would you do if you're invited to the DMC shop ?? will you help patty in cleaning the shop or would you like to spent time with Morrison finding jobs for Dante well you must do something to be DMC shop :p

Rule No 1-- only Dante Can be a slacker in DMC shop
Rule No-2-- you'll have to pay the pizza bills
Rule No-2-- you must be stylish

Railazel

i agree with you on everything and respect your opinion about not liking dubstep. yes the hip hop songs such as red dress power and till i collapse do fit good but do you honestly believe that these tracks would go well when you are fighting demons in the game and these tracks are playing at the background. yes the lyrics are very good but the songs overall dont give a demonic feel since the game is about killing demons. i think hip hop can only suit in the trailers somehow. metal and dubstep have a demonic feel as you said in your post they would fit perfectly in the game.

To put it simply as I possible can, HECK YEAH I DO! Truth be told, I never really got a "demonic" feeling from any of DMC's past tracks. In fact, DMC1 is the only game of the franchise that gave me that feeling but not from the songs but from the pieces of information they give about the cult and the ambience of the island. So, I'm not really worried about the feeling of the songs rather their pace. As long as I feel hyped up while fighting I'm good.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Well, id rather just spend my day defending Dante in court.....
anime-phoenix-wright-161552.gif

Top Bottom