• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Hunter For A Day!

Best music to listen to while killin' some demons?

• Metal

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Rap (Hope not)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Dubstep

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • orchestra

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh the irony. Most guys I know are in heavy metal bands back home but metal is just not mah style.
I voted dubstep.
Although I do like my rap a la Eminem but yeah....why is Rock not an option? o_0
As for the rest, can't really comment, I'm restricting my creativity to my originals and messing around with ideas for fanfiction/just for fun is like playing with fire for me. I'd like to get a book published this year ^_^

Really?! Me too! I'm trying to finish it but it's getting hard every now and then. I understand what you mean, I don't want my ideas of clothes being stolen either. What's it gonna be called? (If you want to say)

Love all your post. I feel I'll enter this as well;

I don't know why I put (Hope not) for rap, cause I would like to listen to Roman's Revenge by Nicki Manaj while I'm killing demons, but I also choose Dubstep. There's some Orchestra I would choose and rock of course, but Dubstep beats them all.

I would wear a black beenie, the coat DmC Dante wears but in blood red, , a black sleeveless shirt, black work out fingerless gloves, dark brown long jeans, and black timberland boots. I would also wear the POTC Aztec medallien as a necklace (Minus the curse with it) and the belt Dante wears in DMC2.

My Devil arms would be Sparta's handguns, and the 2011 version of the sword of Omens from the 2011 version of ThunderCats. The blade of the sword would be as long as Dante's Rebellion in DMC4.

My Devil Trigger would be something like Ichigo's Vato Lorde form from Bleach, but the body be a hot rod red, and the clothes fit the evil look of the form. That and my sword would become three bladed claws like Masamune Date's in Sengoku Basara.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
You two bring up good points. I think summoning a Zord is a added benefit while my DT would be my ranger form. Hmmm I must think this out. :)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@meg- I meant the character you created, the chick with the rifle.

@sparda's -
Nope.
"Be your own man, Chart your own course", sort a thing.

Meg

@meg- I meant the character you created, the chick with the rifle.
That "chick" is a young woman named Meg. She's me. I didn't create a character I just said what I would do in a demon hunting situation. I thought that was the point of the thread?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That "chick" is a young woman named Meg. She's me. I didn't create a character I just said what I would do in a demon hunting situation. I thought that was the point of the thread?

I'm overthinking it then.
My bad.

Funny thing is I think we are creating wish fullfillment-self insert characters.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

I'm overthinking it then.
My bad.

Funny thing is I think we are creating wish fullfillment-self insert characters.
Well since I didn't make a character and me as a devil hunter is just....me I'm not fulling any wishes. XD Except! All I want is to be me because I am great the way I am. :blink: I guess my post was wish-fulfilling then. :lol:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
if i was a devil hunter i would want to be my original character Ziz. (there are a few bio's for him on this site.)

Railazel

But what does this Hippy Hop have to do with you being a Devil Hunter for a day?

Oh! I thought this was about music!

Basically...

I would be a half- demon, half- human being with a demonic arm (showcasing how much strength my demonic blood has over my human half) carrying a katana made from pure demonic energy. I would wear a black leather coat, A- shirt, pants, and high- top sneakers, with sunglasses and have my hair braided.

I wouldn't have a "Devil Trigger" per se, rather it would be a sort of "Adrenaline Mode" fueled by the instincts of my demon lineage. With my demonic blood coursing and boiling through my veins, all things will slow down while I become relentless.

To sum it up, I'm a mix between Blade (Marvel), Vergil, and Nero.

DragonMaster2010

Oh! I thought this was about music!

Basically...

I would be a half- demon, half- human being with a demonic arm (showcasing how much strength my demonic blood has over my human half) carrying a katana made from pure demonic energy. I would wear a black leather coat, A- shirt, pants, and high- top sneakers, with sunglasses and have my hair braided.

I wouldn't have a "Devil Trigger" per se, rather it would be a sort of "Adrenaline Mode" fueled by the instincts of my demon lineage. With my demonic blood coursing and boiling through my veins, all things will slow down while I become relentless.

To sum it up, I'm a mix between Blade (Marvel), Vergil, and Nero.

More like DmC Dante, with the Adrenaline mode.

DragonMaster2010

Actually, that would be Blade. If you don't know who he is, he's a vampire/human hybrid. My "Adrenaline Mode" comes from the moments of when Blade is in intense blood- thirst.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that!...I miss Blade. I wish he was in MvC3 so that it could be Dante vs Blade:(

Railazel

Oh yeah. Forgot about that!...I miss Blade. I wish he was in MvC3 so that it could be Dante vs Blade:(

Why the hell didn't they add him in!? Considering the number of unknown characters Marvel had in its arsenal, they couldn't think of adding in one of the most badass, Afro- American characters of all time!? And oh my gosh! I would have loved doing Vergil vs Blade!

*sigh* calm down Railazel... the time will come... the time will come...

Anyways, yeah, that would be me in a nutshell.

DragonMaster2010

Why the hell didn't they add him in!? Considering the number of unknown characters Marvel had in its arsenal, they couldn't think of adding in one of the most badass, Afro- American characters of all time!? And oh my gosh! I would have loved doing Vergil vs Blade!

*sigh* calm down Railazel... the time will come... the time will come...

Anyways, yeah, that would be me in a nutshell.

I guess a game can only handle so much awesome.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Hip-Hop= one of the best genres to listen to while doing something awesome.

ok dude first song is disturbing and i dont see it sounding good while playing dmc.second one i like because im a glitch mob fan but still it cant keep up with the pace of DMC.third kanye west's power is an outstanding track but it to dosent go well with DMC. 4th and last eminem is the FUC*IN KING im a big fan and till i collapse is the perfect hip hop song for DMC.
but hip hop generally dosent go with dmc it needs hardcore stuff like metal and...........DUBSTEP just check this track out its perfect with dmc
porter robinson-the state (skism remix) +DMC
traxione-the butcher shop + DmC

Railazel

ok dude first song is disturbing and i dont see it sounding good while playing dmc.second one i like because im a glitch mob fan but still it cant keep up with the pace of DMC.third kanye west's power is an outstanding track but it to dosent go well with DMC. 4th and last eminem is the FUC*IN KING im a big fan and till i collapse is the perfect hip hop song for DMC.
but hip hop generally dosent go with dmc it needs hardcore stuff like metal and...........DUBSTEP just check this track out its perfect with dmc
porter robinson-the state (skism remix) +DMC
traxione-the butcher shop + DmC

Obviously, You (and pretty much everybody in this topic) and I have differing opinions because I thought the Metal tracks didn't fit DMC and, personally, I would hate having Dubstep as part of it. The reason being is that most of the Metal in DMC3 and DMC4's soundtrack were annoying (especially the lyrics) and didn't add any musical depth to the franchise (DMC3 being the better of the two because it had more variety and a couple of the Metal songs were actually enjoyable (Surrounding Fear, Vergil Battle 2, and Vergil's Divine Hate being my favorites). Dubstep is a poor choice, to me, because the glitchiness and spontanuity of the genre would be disruptive and just wouldn't fit. Plus, Dubstep generally has a demonic tone that just... doesn't fit DMC... at all.

The reason why I believe Hip- Hop would be a better choice is because of its focus on the rhythym of the drums and, if done professionally, its lyrical prowess. Particularly, those four songs would definitely fit DMC because:

1. The first song (Red Dress) has lyrics that fit (or at least make allusion to) Dante's personality and some of his characteristics. The opening of the song is nice and could fit almost any cutscene (except the more dramatic ones) and the pace of the song matches DMC pretty well. And may I ask how you are disturbed by the lyrics of this song and yet are not disturbed by the overly-... demonic tones of the two songs you pulled up?

2. Power is good because its lyrics are nice and, again, its pace matches well with DMC. The lyrics are generally about a man who has too much power in his hands, which is a good referrence to the amount of power Sparda, Vergil, and Dante have as well to, maybe, some of the conflictions they have with having that power.

3. And I agree, Till I collapse is perfect. And I assume that by not mentioning Tech N9ne's The Beast you are agreeing with me on that one being a good track as well.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
MORTAL FOOLS !!!!!! (yes i just used the billy mays button/ROYAL CANTERLOCK VOICE)
This is the best devil killing song

Top Bottom