• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Definitive Edition's Lock-On Might Allow You To Do 'Curved' Stingers

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

I've seen it done in the current versions, but I have no idea what the input is.
The rules are hazy, but it seems that you need to execute Streak when an enemy is starting to launch in the air. Once the enemy reaches its maximum launch height, you cant do it, which is why you cant launch an enemy with Hightime or Tremor and get a circular Streak. May only be applicable to Prop and Revenant Bomb.

Here are a few combinations that work:
*Revenant Bomb, Streak right when the enemy explodes
*Prop, cancel it right after the firs thit with Angel Evade and Angel Evade back to the enemy (evade twice without moving the analog), Streak
*Prop and hold the shoot button for Ebony and Ivory or Revenant, then let go of the shoot button to cancel the prop (make sure you don't get a charged shot. You know you did it right when Donte puts his guns back in his pockets), Streak.
*Prop, Ebony and Ivory cancel it when the enemy is slightly above you, streak
*Prop, cancel it with a jump, Streak right when you touch the ground.

There must be something with the targeting system involved, because in the trailer of the Definitive Edition, you can see Donte do a circular Streak after a full Prop, which is impossible in the current version of DmC.

Better him then EventStatus
Event would definitely teach some of the higher ups at Capcom and Ninja Theory a couple of advanced mechanics towards PR.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm not the one with the flamer avi.

That really is like walking around with a chip on your shoulder. If I had an avi with Kamiya on it that said "Poser," it would be the exact same thing.

Back on topic: There's practically no reason to complain about the control scheme this time around... unless they really dislike toggle hard lock-on, maybe.

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

Oh like what? how to yell louder and tell everyone who doesn't like them are ****?
Is Capcom already doing the latter?
Can you elaborate what "****" and "them" means? Didn't know doing Youtube videos equals to a multimillion dollar companies.

Note that weapon "specials," i.e., the launchers set to Circle/B by default, don't have special lock-on inputs available. But the one-button input for those moves was already kind of brilliant, so it's hard to complain, in theory. In ninja theory.

Please give Weapon Specials their own lock-on inputs, as options.
If this were to happen, the Special Melee button would be free, therefore something like Sword Storm and Blistering Swords would take it's place. The inputs for these moves are needlessly difficult (dont tell me that gun, jump, and double forward on the analog stick for Sword Storm is good use of the controller) because there's no lock-on in the DLC, and now that lock-on will be a thing, it would be wise to use it to its fullest.

May I also recommend to giving the option for Trick Up and Trick Down to be bound to Angel and Demon mode respectively? That way the inputs would be just like Angel and Demon Evade, so there would be no use for two dodge buttons, only one.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I clicked on an Event Status video one day. Never again. I was just greeted to some dude being so loud and obnoxious I could have punched him in the face.

I have the same reaction to people like AlphaOmegaSin, but to be fair, I've occasionally at least seen him talk about stuff worth hearing and make decent points. Like Two said, it's just more like ComPlain Event.

I can just read Youtube comments if I want to be subjected to somebody like that.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I remember being able to do curved Stingers in the game, too. Never really tried to do it consistently, but it was always cool to do, almost like curving a bullet :p Just sliding off to curve into an enemy that tried to hop outta the way.

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

I have the same reaction to people like AlphaOmegaSin, but to be fair, I've occasionally at least seen him talk about stuff worth hearing and make decent points. Like Two said, it's just more like ComPlain Event.

I can just read Youtube comments if I want to be subjected to somebody like that.
The thing is, Event actually puts links in the descriptions of his videos to support his stance. To compare him to the average Youtube comments with rarely any sort of evidence is invalid.

Dude milion dollar companies do have youtube videos up on their pages. What are you saying?

and "****" is sh*t while them is Capcom.
Hey, if you don't like me, that would be my same reaction. Only issue is that, to my knowledge, Event isn't popular enough to make a living from youtube. These multimillion dollar companies do videos to help their company, meaning they make a living from advertising their products and whatnot.
The difference is obvious, to make such comparison is laughable.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hey, if you don't like me, that would be my same reaction. Only issue is that, to my knowledge, Event isn't popular enough to make a living from youtube. These multimillion dollar companies do videos to help their company, meaning they make a living from advertising their products and whatnot.
The difference is obvious, to make such comparison is laughable.

I never said I didn't like you.

And if you know this, then why reply to a small comment/joke about him?

GF9000000Returns

I kinda like AlphaOmegaSin and think he's cool, but ComPlain Event on the other hand, he's super picky, whiny, and obnoxious. He's just like the spoiled customers, everything has to go their way or the highway and they expect the companies to keep their cool. I dunno HOW the guys at Capcom put up with that. But anyway, let's stop talking about that NYAKKUH and get back on topic.

I'm glad SamD did what he did.

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

I never said I didn't like you.
And if you know this, then why reply to a small comment/joke about him?
I didn't actually mean to say "you don't like me", I was referring to people that wouldn't like me in general, and Im certain many others would think the same.
And that "joke" was trying to make a flawed point, so I thought I'd enlighten those who follow the logic.

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

Does anyone know if we can do the "regular" Stinger input with the lock-on? Not that I wanted to do it, I just wanna know.
If I understood right, this answers your question:
To clarify, the lock-on allows you to pull off any "forward, forward" move the classic way: Hold lock-on, press forward and attack. This can actually be toggled in a separate setting, so you have options. You can opt to still be able to execute those moves with "forward, forward," or for both methods to work.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Just like in Bayonetta where the rushing forward attack can be done by either:
1. While locking-on to an enemy, press forward then either punch or kick
or
2. Press forward twice then either press punch or kick
It's like that!

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i really really wanna see how the ones requesting lock-on will be doing now that the lock-on is served.. but i don't think i'll be seeing that, since they won't buy the game, lol.. world is being cruel to me.. *sob

Top Bottom