• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead rising.

Good survival horror?

• Yes, I loved surviving against the horde.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No lame.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Has anyone else played this game?

It's a good survival horror game, and I don't say that lightly.

It isn't all that scary but I plays like a very good zombie survival game.

Any opinions on it?

I mean, look at this. You actually fight him,

dead-rising-xbox-360-clown.jpg

This is a picture of how screwed you can be.

dead-rising2.jpg

i didnt like it for many reasons and mainly because its an xbox 360 exclusive
and the story isnt as good as resident evil my opinion is that resident evil is much better

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Resident evil's story doesn't even make sence.

And the dialogue is like it was written by a 5 year old.

This game isn't supposed to have a great story, it is trying to be pure survival horror.

Zombie apocalypse, you are in this mall, survive.

It's a survival horror game, what resident evil was back when it was good.

And yes, it is an Xbox exclusive:p

So the fact you can't play it is your own fault.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If I have an Xbox 360,I would like to play this game.And I heard many great comments about this game.I like zombie games.:)

there are better survival horror games and which are much more scary and effective one such game is silent hill series it is much more realistic and effective and it has a much better story than dead rising
also resident evil has a good story and the script is cool u are pretty wrong when u say it was written by a 5 yr old

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Survival horror is owned by silent hill. But the script does suck in resident evil.

^^Dead rising is a good zombie game. They are the standard stupid and slow zombies during the day, but at night....

you will have to play it.:lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^You have not played, there are worse things than the zombies.

It is a very realistic picture of how we would react during a sudden zombie outbreak.:lol:

We would fail. XD

^ well i defintely agree that it has realism since resident evil always exxagerates things like putting some incredible weapons in the game
still resident evil stays my number 1 zombie game
also maybe i havent played it but i have seen a friend play it so i know what it is

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Oh, god. The chainsaw clown was one of the freakiest things ever. Because I hate clowns.

I mostly want to get an Xbox so I can play this game more. :D

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^^It isn't the same thing as actually having to survive yourself.

But yhea, resident evil had cooler monsters and may be the better zombie game in that respect (The las plagues monsters were tough) but this is more a survival horror game.

And as much as Silent hill is better, come on. Like there can be anything better than silent hill.:lol:

I like it for the fact that you have complete freedom to just do whatever like rescue people, kill them for their things, you can wait the entire 3 days in the safehouse, or you can miss the helecoper out and have to kill all 50000 zombies(I am doing this)

You can go anywhere, use anything as a weapon, and kill anything that moves.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Its good but it isnt meant to be scary really. Its a humorous tongue in cheek fun look into the zombie styled genre. I mean putting foam heads on zombies and throwing plates at them and wielding a plastic lightsaber isnt meant to be taken seriously. I thought the game was decent but i thought the save system was poorly executed and that made the experience less enjoyable. The amount of on screen zombies is impressive but i prefer FPS styled games so Left 4 Dead is more up my alley.

biohazardmaster;155716 said:
i didnt like it for many reasons and mainly because its an xbox 360 exclusive

That doesnt make it any worse of a game or give people a reason to not like it. Quite silly to dislike a game for that reason. That would be like me saying 'MGS 4 sucks because its PS3 exclusive' (first title that came to mind) just because i dont own one. When actually MGS 4 is an excellent title and why would i think any less of it because i havent got the console its on? :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Leonhart.;155762 said:
it sounds fun:D but sadly i don't have Xbox 360:(
is this game out in PC or PS?

There are rumours that the sequel could be a multi-format title but original Dead Rising is 360 exclusive.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Played this game a while back, and oh boy did I enjoy killing zombies with a baseball bat... "Strike three, your head's off!!" :)

I thought this game was awesome. I was also told that if you wait at the beginning for the entire time, the chopper will return and you get to go home safely without even having to step inside and actually play the game. If that's true, then talk about options for ensuring survival :) Nice survival game :) There are many others, but this isn't about determining what one is the greatest one :)

From the first post, the creator of the thread merely wants your views on this game alone; not every other game also :) That's just a little pointer for those who thought otherwise, in case you thought this was a discussion on survival games; or were mistaken otherwise :) And why am I pointing this out? Oh, merely to ensure no flaming of this or that game; or of any other kind. And to just be friendly and respectful.

Also, I'm in a odd authoritative mood... Forgive me, I'm confusing myself :p I'd personally give this game 8.5/10.

EDIT: Of course, talk of other games is cool; as long as it's not purely to insult/flame. I forgot to add that >_<

Anyway, nice thread Dark Prince. +rep

well i voted for lame for the only reason is that its on xbox 360 and i hate that console if it was availible on ps3 i would definitely say its a good game =]

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
biohazardmaster;155766 said:
well i voted for lame for the only reason is that its on xbox 360 and i hate that console if it was availible on ps3 i would definitely say its a good game =]

Yeah, but what exactly would they change if they moved it over to the PS3? Nothing, I reckon; so why dislike it now? Only because it's on a console you don't like?

I know it's an exclusive, but Tekken 6 is an exclusive for PS3; and I'm not going to hate that for being so :) Then again, that's just me :) I can understand we have different views.

I'm just asking, what would make it different and enjoyable on the PS3? Besides you being able to play the game itself :)

Don't think I'm being rude, I respect your opinion and where you stand on the matter :D I'm just curious, is all...

well u see in my opinion(exclusively my opinion) the ps3 have much more comfortable controls than the xbox360 and i am a long time playstation player so i am used to these controls and making it on ps3 would make the game much better from the control side and which would consquently make it better and more enjoyable for me =]

Dark Drakan

Admin
biohazardmaster;155770 said:
well u see in my opinion(exclusively my opinion) the ps3 have much more comfortable controls than the xbox360 and i am a long time playstation player so i am used to these controls and making it on ps3 would make the game much better from the control side and which would consquently make it better and more enjoyable for me =]

I was the same originally but now i find the 360 controller to be much more accessible and more comfortable to use. The PS2 and PS3 controllers feel much too light for me now and hard to use them after using 360 controller. My PS2 controller feels like its going to float out my hand when i try and use it now. :lol:

biohazardmaster;155766 said:

*Sigh* Fanboys & their silly hate for inanimate objects...

Whatever happened to the gamers of the generation i grew up in? People who didnt fight over or hate on other consoles but enjoyed them all as true gamers.

^ :lol: its because u havent played it in a while as for me it is tough to adapt to any controller other than the playstation because ive been playing exclusively sony consoles for about 10yrs now yes 10 yrs i am a playstation player since the good old days of psx

Top Bottom