• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DB Dante vs Bayonetta

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I've already said my thoughts about the fight but something interesting did occur to me.

Would you like to see Dante or anyone from the DMC universe (or DmC) fight in a Death Battle again, and if so who with? Keep in mind that Death Battle always pairs people up based on a theme.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
All I know is that Bayonetta should have kicked Dante's platinum haired ass.
What annoys me is that Screw Attack often fails to check their math.
Dante blocking Madama Butterfly was meant to invoke him blocking the False Saviour but it was ridiculous. A ten gigatonne punch would have smashed Dante to pieces.

You're including monsters and demons and all that stuff too?
Anything really. As long as it's interesting.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A ten gigatonne punch would have smashed Dante to pieces.

Maybe not in DT. And I doubt smashing him would kill him. And he could have just dodged it anyway. Maybe doing like his Doppleganger did and run up her arm, only to slice her head off or something instead of just kick her in the face.

Anything really.

What about Geryon

geryon_by_kidagacash.jpg

vs the Dahaka.

latest

The theme being time.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Gr8 b8 m8.

No I'm joking. Ain't that great.
What bait?

Bayonetta should have won.

MOD EDIT: Posts merged

Dante blocking Madama Butterfly was meant to invoke him blocking the False Saviour but it was ridiculous. A ten gigatonne punch would have smashed Dante to pieces.

Yep. I usually agree with Screw Attack for the most part, but this one they screwed up.

As for a Death Battle, Dante Vs. Spawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What bait?

Bayonetta should have won.

If you say so. I don't think so though. Dante's reached too much of an OP level at this point. Yes Bayonetta is crazy too, but it should take someone even... "more OP", if that expression makes sense, to beat him.

Do you really think he wouldn't have gotten up had that punch hit him? Especially in DT? And considering his DT massively increases his strength, he could have blocked it anyway.

I just don't buy it.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium

Anything really. As long as it's interesting.

i dug this up from an old thread
about if Dante can Royal Block a Punch from Super Man

"could dante royal block a..."
yes
"could dante royal block two of..."
yes

going from the game's mechanics, there are basically two things ever that dante could not royalguard, and both of them were essentially a health drain baked into the level to encourage you to hurry. Blocking two simultaneous attacks is easy, as one block will essentially make you invulnerable for that frame, and if the attacks aren't simultaneous, a successful first block would reset the cooldown on a subsequent block to zero.

Basically, there is no attack in the history of recorded DMC that could punch through a royalguard, and blocking 1, 2, or 100 supermen would be just as trivial. The style is so overpowered that it is never mentioned in any cutscene, lore, or backstory, because simply bringing it into the same realm as cutscene dante would reduce every single fight down to "why didn't he just royal guard that? well he can royal guard that, he'll be fine"

And then after he's blocked those punches, he can reflect the absorbed damage back on his attacker. I think the real question is: can superman stand up to several of his own punches?

Naturally there's more to consider here. Is dante fast enough to accurately block an indefinite number of punches from even a single superman? Even with quicksilver, that's questionable. But can he soak that punch, assuming he landed the block? Absolutely.

TL;DR - royal guard has never been beaten by any enemy attack, ever. For this to happen would literally be to rewrite everything we know about royal guard right now.

i think these perfectly describe just how OP Dante is

Dante clearly uses Royal Guard to block that Punch
and in the game that would be really easy to Perfectly Guard

also The Fights in Death Battle are just for Show people
they are just for fun

they are not meant to be the deciding factor of who will win

they are just there to show you every single cool looking attack that those characters could use in this kind of fight

Triggerpigking

I'm fairly sure Alucard would win if he went level 0 but dante vs alucard would be an amazing death battle.
Considering dante's weaponry is effective against the unholy and he appears to have more technical skill then alucard, it'd make for an interesting fight, especially given Alucard is a walking castle.

About dante royalguarding superman...No, hell supes is designed to be unbeatable XD.

I had this discussion with a bayo fan who said her suit is meant to be invincible, which i'm not to sure of since she that'd make the game easy as hell for her but lets roll with it for a bit, just because a game says something cannot be beaten or is invulnerable, does'nt mean it can't be beaten in death battle, simply put while we've never see anything in dmc dante can't royalguard does'nt mean there's nothing that he can't royalguard, it's always gonna be impossible to know how much he can take simply because the stats are'nt there and there are no universal stats between characters of different universes, so yeah I think given what we've seen of all of dante's other abilities, it's not plausible that this one skill is so OP that it could block supes.

As for blocking the bayo punch, Honestly there's a million things he could do there, he could slow down time again, he could trickster away, hell if he was hit he'd still have his majiin form as a backup, I think Madame butterfly possibly hits more then the saviour but dante barely seemed to care when he blocked that so what's it like when he's at his full potential.
And yeah Bisons right, the fights are really just for fun, death battle is simply an informed opinion more then anything else but they explain pretty well after the fight why they think which characters would win.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Could we please try to consider if the OP is okay with the theme of the thread changing to "anything DMC/DmC" vs "anything else", before just taking it upon ourselves to do it. You have to respect other people's threads and if it's alright with them first.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
.....Okay I literally got like no alerts to this thread since Triggerpigking's post saying he liked Jeanne and Trish being in there....I'm only seeing this now cause I just checked the feed about what threads have been updated

And no @LordOfDarkness I'm not okay with it, the vid was Dante vs Bayonetta, keep it to Dante vs Bayonetta (I don't want this turning into classic Dante vs reboot Dante, and more of people b!tching....Like I don't already regret making this thread).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't want to imagine what would happen if the two Dante's actually fought in DB...

----------

On-topic:

Bayonetta probably wouldn't have won either way... Dante would've pinned her to the ground like he did Nero.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I would be okay with it, if it wasn't for where I knew it would lead too.

That's very true;

Anyway, I don't know all that much about Bayonetta. I'd probably be biased as hell if I said who "should've" won. I don't care too much about versus scenarios, since if things were different it could lead to different outcomes. It's like Star Wars - What if Anakin had jumped over Obi Wan and struck him down instead? What if the shield doors opened before Darth Maul killed Qui Gonn? What ifs make it impossible for me to accept a definitive outcome.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
That's very true;

Anyway, I don't know all that much about Bayonetta. I'd probably be biased as hell if I said who "should've" won. I don't care too much about versus scenarios, since if things were different it could lead to different outcomes. It's like Star Wars - What if Anakin had jumped over Obi Wan and struck him down instead? What if the shield doors opened before Darth Maul killed Qui Gonn? What ifs make it impossible for me to accept a definitive outcome.
I know a channel that does a series of videos based on those outcomes
Personally, I'm requesting "What if Luke had joined Vader and they overthrew the Emperor together"

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Well, as long as we know the one being who solos them both without even getting a scratch on his coat/cape

tumblr_m9xyvyIp7d1r3ilf2o1_500.gif

Top Bottom