• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's new look

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Putting aside what people think of Dante's face, I'm baffled by the number of comments expressing so much surprise at the fact that he looks older.

I'm like, duh. His demonic blood grants him super powers but his human half makes it possible for him to age unlike pure demons. I don't get how anyone who proclaims themselves as fans of the series can act like Dante aging is some kind of news when that's been evident for years, just simply taking a look at how he changes from DMC3 to 4. And this game takes place 7 years after that one so I really don't understand where all this surprise comes from.

I think the game take place after DMC4 but before DMC2 and it's obvious to see he looks younger than DMC2. I figure Capcom is writing out DMC2 and trying the solid snake approach. Also the angle isn't the best too. So for all we know he will look the same but updated like Nero was.

Another thing I picked up on while playing DMC4 SE was neros's alternate costume, the one without a hood, looks like the same coat he's wearing in this game.

_Coby_

I think the game take place after DMC4 but before DMC2 and it's obvious to see he looks younger than DMC2. I figure Capcom is writing out DMC2 and trying the solid snake approach. Also the angle isn't the best too. So for all we know he will look the same but updated like Nero was.

Another thing I picked up on while playing DMC4 SE was neros's alternate costume, the one without a hood, looks like the same coat he's wearing in this game.

i think he looks older than DMC2 Dante

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Hasn't DMC5 been confirmed to be set after DMC2? I can't remember, but I thought I read somewhere. I hope it is, I get they were trying to distance themselves from what was (and still is btw) the worst game of the series. But it be nice to move on and stop thinking of DMC2 as the series conclusion, cause right now, that's the only significant thing about it.

Maxman

love the new look and face

Just look at this man , what a seasoned veteran

am actually curious as to how theey will explain Dante's personality change in DMC2 if its after 2 ,

I guess they dont even to have explain it, they can just ignore it all together

ssj4jw

I think if he has been away for awhile he may get clean up latter in the game with a new outfit. Also if Vergil is in the game we have to see how he has aged.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I'm hoping he gets a new outfit or pop up in 2's.

I'm sick of looking at 4's outfit.

judging from the trailer and poster, he kinda is, new front same back, lots of straps on the legs --from boots to waist, and i believe they're not chaps or at least more the combat type instead of fashion one like 4 did

berto

I Saw the Devil
I going to wait to see the gamescom trailer because that close up at the end of the first one looks nothing like the guy he's modeled after. Hopefully after a shave and a haircut he'll look less ancient and more like that other dude.

absolitude

been thinking bout how dante looked in the trailer..

impression im getting is he looked tired, shut himself away and had lost purpose.

then nero came and assure him to get back into action with all the hell break loose thingy, refused, but changed his mind when knowing it's something related to vergil.

much like cloud was to seph in advent.

in 4, he did looked like passing the torch to nero and feels like resting.

the scene with bike is when he's finally out of the cave and ready for action.

berto

I Saw the Devil
been thinking bout how dante looked in the trailer..

impression im getting is he looked tired, shut himself away and had lost purpose.

then nero came and assure him to get back into action with all the hell break loose thingy, refused, but changed his mind when knowing it's something related to vergil.

much like cloud was to seph in advent.

in 4, he did looked like passing the torch to nero and feels like resting.

the scene with bike is when he's finally out of the cave and ready for action.
You're getting all that from riding a tacky motorcycle down the street? I'd bet you a dollar that that is not how it's going to go down but it sounds like you're having fun so why not? 'Tis the season. It only comes every 10 years. Well, unless you're a Halo, CoW, GoW, AC, RE or Mario fan.

absolitude

You're getting all that from riding a tacky motorcycle down the street? I'd bet you a dollar that that is not how it's going to go down but it sounds like you're having fun so why not? 'Tis the season. It only comes every 10 years. Well, unless you're a Halo, CoW, GoW, AC, RE or Mario fan.

i'm imaginative.. i'm even imagining you and me doing nasty stuf-- nevermind..

but yeah, with the looks and facial hair i get that impression.. and with the visually more serious tone capcom is doing, it's imaginatively possible

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
See, this is why I wanna see him in a neutral pose and with a neutral facial expression. The model they used for him doesn't look bad.

OL9RBwDh.jpg

As I suspected, it seems to be just the face he makes in that shot that makes him look ugly.

Top Bottom