• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's Age (Yes, Another One)

Viper

Premium
I'm guessing that interview has since been voided. It was specifically talking about Lady's age in relation to DMC3 and 4, but in retrospect that would make no sense.

Under that timeline, everyone would have had to transition to their DMC4 appearances from the anime in like a month or something. And I doubt Lady went up three cup sizes that fast.

Another small note about the anime, at the very end it's said that Patty (The girl introduced therein) would keep coming around Devil May Cry to clean it up. In fact, that's pretty much the very last shot of the whole series. By DMC4 though, Dante's place is back to being a complete wreck. That indicates to me that quite a bit of time must have passed, maybe even enough for Patty to grow up and move on with her life.
I fully support the theory that it's been more than 10 years, cause that would be too many big events for one year. Also, to have the Order attract Lady's attention with increased activity and butt in on some of her jobs would take a bit longer time span.
*cough* Lady was an adult in anime, the only way her boobs would get bigger is through getting fat or getting implants, so not a good example. XD

Dante also lives in a different building and I doubt even him could wreck a fresh purchase that fast.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Interesting thought, that. The idea of Dante moving place every so many years, likely inr esponse to demon hotspots.

But, yeah, there's no way it can be just 10 years with 1 seemingly about that long after 3. I'd say that piece of info is voided.

Still, the idea of Dante being 8/19 at those points must have started somewhere. I don't supposoe that 3142 art book is out in Japan yet, is it? Maybe that might shed some light, especially if the chronologoical order is being used for the title.

Viper

Premium
@The 4th Snake
The 3142 art book is long out in Japan, it's the English release we are waiting for. I don't know if one can get the scans, I've just seen parts of it here and there, and then you'd still need a translator.

Veloran

I fully support the theory that it's been more than 10 years, cause that would be too many big events for one year. Also, to have the Order attract Lady's attention with increased activity and butt in on some of her jobs would take a bit longer time span.
*cough* Lady was an adult in anime, the only way her boobs would get bigger is through getting fat or getting implants, so not a good example. XD

Dante also lives in a different building and I doubt even him could wreck a fresh purchase that fast.
Who knows, maybe she put on a little weight.

Outsourcing too many jobs to Dante, perhaps?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Nero is 16/17 years old, Sanctus says so in DMC4 novel. Nero was born before the beginning of the manga: Vergil left him there while taking his first steps in search of Sparda's legacy.Vergil should be about the same age of Nero when he met the boy's mother.( Nero/ Kyrie is a replay to Vergil/mysterious lady).
Nero is probably the main reason Vergil needs so much power.Note the word Vergil repeats more in "need", not "want". He needs it, not because he wants to, but it's strictly necessary.Vergil does some interesting slip ups during DMC3.

The interview where Dante was 19 in DMC3 was everywhere at DMC3 time, that's why a lot of people still remembers it. Why all of them disappeared now is a mystery itself.
The most confusing interview came from Koyabashi, nothing of what he said is certain, he is just talking without answering, but even so Dante being 36/37 in DMC4 is a good math.
Amulets where given to the boys shortly before Eva's death; they were twins birthday gift and I swear I read somewhere it was their 8th birthday, but it's impossible to me to find the source.
Did I forget something?

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Who knows, maybe she put on a little weight.

Outsourcing too many jobs to Dante, perhaps?
It did seem to me her behind was quite round.

And his muscles got more pronounced.

A noble sacrifice for getting her man more motivated.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That's one of the main problems for me, personally, when it concerns the DMC series.

I use to be under the impression that DMC 3 Dante was 18, DMC 1 Dante was 28, anime Dante in between 28-29, DMC 4 Dante 29 and DMC 2 Dante 30-40.

I know a lot of people say DMC 3 Dante is 19. I could buy that. Though when it concerns much else, no ideas.

I thought DMC 1 Dante was 28, because of the whole Dante was 8 when Eva died thing. And I can't remember, but I think I read that the anime was between 1 and 4. Well, something along those lines. And 4 is set not long after the anime. But it's hearing or reading these things or people saying about interviews and such that made me think this way. Though looking at this topic, I can see there's little validity in any of these possible ages.

And apparently some such sources or general understandings of Dante's age within the DMC timeline contradict themselves.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Manga, DMC3, DMC1, Anime, DMC4, Novel 2, DMC2.

The anime is closer to 1 than 4, given Dante's outfit, but with enough time passed for Trish to get sick of Dante and leave.

As for Lady having implants, it's been proven that demons can find human attractive so it's a distraction tactic.:wink: That or we go with my theory that Arkham is a demon and she's half demon, which I'm sure can affect her proportions. Yes.:cautious:

Viper

Premium
Manga, DMC3, DMC1, Anime, DMC4, Novel 2, DMC2.

The anime is closer to 1 than 4, given Dante's outfit, but with enough time passed for Trish to get sick of Dante and leave.

As for Lady having implants, it's been proven that demons can find human attractive so it's a distraction tactic.:wink: That or we go with my theory that Arkham is a demon and she's half demon, which I'm sure can affect her proportions. Yes.:cautious:
Arkham IS a demon, but he became one after reading the occult book and sacrificing his wife in the ritual. He was also a descendant of a priestess that Sparda sacrificed to seal the tower, which is possibly some special type of human given that next in line, Lady, exhibits power of faster healing, though not at demon level.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
I thought his wife carried the blood of the maiden, hence him even marrying her in the first place. And when was it said that he becomes a demon through a ritual?

Viper

Premium
I thought his wife carried the blood of the maiden, hence him even marrying her in the first place. And when was it said that he becomes a demon through a ritual?
There was a possibility that he married her cause male descendants cannot open the seal, and he needed a female child. But then again, Arkham didn't really become obsessed with it until the book came into his hands, gave him the scars, which he all interpreted as blessing, and that happened when Mary was already born, since he says the book appeared shortly after Eva died (10 years before events of manga).

Wiki article for Lady claims info on Arkham being the descendant can be found in Note of Naught.

The fact that he survived being stabbed, can float upside down, his scar pulsates, has Jester persona... indicates that he is demonic. There was no claim that it was a ritual, but it was said that he sacrificed her to become a demon.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I keep hearing Dante was 8 when his mom died, which would make DMC1 Dante 28, and I remember reading that DMC3 Dante is 19 (Can't remember where), if Nero is really Vergil's son, then I guess Dante in DMC4 would have to be in his mid to late 30's, Maybe 36 or 37, if Vergil fathered Nero a year before DMC3, then Nero in DMC4 would be around 18 or 19 (People DO keep saying Nero's a kid). DMC2 I always thought he was around 40-42.
Yup, that's what I said. The ages of the characters don't seem set in stone, except for DMC1 Dante's. I'm sure that *if* Itsuno or whomever wants to explain the timeline, DMC4 Dante would turn out to be in his mid thirties at least.

He may have been sixteen or seventeen, considering a whole year went by with Vergil working with Arkham, but they don't seem to be teamed up yet in the SE.
He had been working with Arkham for a year? Did the manga say that? Because DMC3 didn't.
I still think Vergil would be 18 in DMC4 SE, considering he said in DMC3 that he hadn't seen Dante in a year. If he's been working with Arkham for a year in DMC3, that would mean he met him when he was 18... possibly at the time of DMC4 SE, or shorty afterwards. It doesn't need to mean that Vergil is 17 in DMC4 SE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper

Premium
He had been working with Arkham for a year? Did the manga say that? Because DMC3 didn't.
I still think Vergil would be 18 in DMC4 SE, considering he said in DMC3 that he hadn't seen Dante in a year. If he's been working with Arkham for a year in DMC3, that would mean he met him when he was 18... possibly at the time of DMC4 SE, or shorty afterwards. It doesn't need to mean that Vergil is 17 in DMC4 SE.
In the manga, where Vergil and Arkham just met, Dante and Vergil crossed paths after not seeing each other since Eva died. Then in DMC3 Dante mentions it's been a year since they last met, so it is taken that events of manga happen 1 year before the game and Vergil and Arkham had been working together for that long.

However, since Vergil doesn't really like Arkham and generally has very little patience, it is possible during that year he went around to collect other Sparda-related things, including some that might have been in Fortuna, rather than to stay in Arkham's home all the time. Especially, since it was town where Dante lives.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Nero is 16/17 years old, Sanctus says so in DMC4 novel. Nero was born before the beginning of the manga: Vergil left him there while taking his first steps in search of Sparda's legacy.Vergil should be about the same age of Nero when he met the boy's mother.( Nero/ Kyrie is a replay to Vergil/mysterious lady).
Nero is probably the main reason Vergil needs so much power.Note the word Vergil repeats more in "need", not "want". He needs it, not because he wants to, but it's strictly necessary.Vergil does some interesting slip ups during DMC3.

The interview where Dante was 19 in DMC3 was everywhere at DMC3 time, that's why a lot of people still remembers it. Why all of them disappeared now is a mystery itself.
The most confusing interview came from Koyabashi, nothing of what he said is certain, he is just talking without answering, but even so Dante being 36/37 in DMC4 is a good math.
Amulets where given to the boys shortly before Eva's death; they were twins birthday gift and I swear I read somewhere it was their 8th birthday, but it's impossible to me to find the source.
Did I forget something?
The DMC4 novel is said to not be canon. In any case, it was written by Bingo Morihashi after he left Capcom. It's up to Capcom to decide how old Nero is. To me, he doesn't look like he's 16, probably more like 18/19.

''Nero is probably the main reason Vergil needs so much power''.
Possibly. I wouldn't be surprised, considering he wants to emulate Sparda - but he appears to want to become more powerful than him, probably so he can protect his family. Hence why he says ''without power, you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself''. He's probably referring to their mother's inability to defend herself and the twins, or possibly Sparda's death... though it says nowhere that Sparda was killed, just that he died.

''This whole plot and timeline is just all kinds of effed up. Simple as that.''

I'm not sure we've got enough information to say that. The timeline doesn't seem all that effed up, we just **don't know** the timeline. All we really know is that Dante is 28 in DMC1, so the whole business with Nero being Vergil's son could work out fine for all we know. The statement by the producer of DMC4 that DMC4 takes place ten years after DMC3, is by no means absolute - they could easily say that it was a mistake. And so far, the characters' ages haven't been that relevant in the game series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veloran

Pretty much.

Oddly enough, the first cutscene with Vergil and Arkham in the library in fact takes place an entire year before the second cutscene with the two of them under the tower about to activate it.

The DMC4 novel is said to not be canon.
I thought both volumes were published by Capcom.

Gel

Premium
I thought both volumes were published by Capcom.[/QUOTE said:
They were. Just some cutscenes are different from the game, eg: Dante first acquires his devil arms, only later he fights the boss.

The novel was labeled non canon by fans who didn't like the hints novel does about characters .Just that.

Viper

Premium
I thought both volumes were published by Capcom.

They were. Though considering Bingo Morihashi had at that time left Capcom and there are some parts that contradict the game, like devil arms used to power gates retrieved by Dante before he fights the bosses and Nero's weapons, except Yamato, dissolving in Savior, fans are kinda iffy on accepting it as canon.

@Gel
lol, same thoughts at same time. XD

Reactions: Gel

Veloran

They were. Though considering Bingo Morihashi had at that time left Capcom and there are some parts that contradict the game, like devil arms used to power gates retrieved by Dante before he fights the bosses and Nero's weapons, except Yamato, dissolving in Savior, fans are kinda iffy on accepting it as canon.

@Gel
lol, same thoughts at same time. XD
I'm fine with the changes based purely on the fact that the Lucifer cutscene took place with a very confused Berial rather than the Hell Gate.

Gel

Premium
It was YOU who said telepathy was difficult to achieve, not me!:tongue:

Top Bottom