• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante vs Dante - Guess who won? Dante!

IncarnatedDemon

Where did I say that a "special weapon" was needed?

I said his "durability" would be to high, that has nothing to do with me saying Deadpool would need a "special weapon" just that he doesn't have anything to get by Dante's defences in that form since that form was able to take attacks from freaken Mundus.
Cud u get me video of where in dmc 1 ur thinking of?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Where did I say that a "special weapon" was needed?

I said his "durability" would be to high, that has nothing to do with me saying Deadpool would need a "special weapon" just that he doesn't have anything to get by Dante's defences in that form since that form was able to take attacks from freaken Mundus.
It isn't the weapon but the hand who wields it.

(I heard that from a movie I think and thought that was a cool quote)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Cud u get me video of where in dmc 1 ur thinking of?

Have you played DMC1?

I'm obviously referring to the battle with Mundus which was the final battle in DMC1.

Here is a vid

It isn't the weapon but the hand who wields it.

(I heard that from a movie I think and thought that was a cool quote)

Hey I love Deadpool, maybe even more so than Dante, but I just don't see Deadpool pulling it off here.

IncarnatedDemon

Have you played DMC1?

I'm obviously referring to the battle with Mundus which was the final battle in DMC1.

Here is a vid

Hey I love Deadpool, maybe even more so than Dante, but I just don't see Deadpool pulling it off here.
Yes i have just not sure what ur refering to so where in that vid?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Have you played DMC1?

Here is a vid

I can. There's no telling what kind of tricks Deadpool would have in store.

You know Deadpool bested The Hulk? Seriously. And he's already been placed in the A Class MA list. Yea, think about that.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I can. There's no telling what kind of tricks Deadpool would have in store.

You know Deadpool bested The Hulk? Seriously. And he's already been placed in the A Class MA list. Yea, think about that.

He bested the Hulk yea, but it would not be the same with Dante who is a great deal more smarter and faster.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He bested the Hulk yea, but it would not be the same with Dante who is a great deal more smarter and faster.
The Hulk is no easy foe to best. He's the freaking Hulk. And the Hulk isn't just a dumb brute. Bruce Banner, who is a genius, can still to an extent maintain complete control over his Hulk persona. And Hulk can destroy entire planets and Dante's weaponry couldn't even scratch Hulk. Good luck Dante.

IncarnatedDemon

The thing is when you compare a comic character and a character like Dante:

The comic characters have been either rebooted or changed.
And since it's a comic medium (easier to make) they get more "air time", which gives them more development time by default. More time for them to grow stronger.

If your comparing Hulk's first appearances in couple comics (around 3) against DMC 1 Dante
then that sounds like a pretty fair comparison.

But if your comparing over 30+ comics of Hulk against DMC 1 Dante in ONE game...
then not only is that unfair from a quantity perspective, but if ur also including rebooted Hulks

short:
Both Hulk and Dante should be compared on a foundation that doesn't give a advantage or disadvantage to them.

EQUAL terms

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The thing is when you compare a comic character and a character like Dante:

The comic characters have been either rebooted or changed.
And since it's a comic medium (easier to make) they get more "air time", which gives them more development time by default. More time for them to grow stronger.

If your comparing Hulk's first appearances in couple comics (around 3) against DMC 1 Dante
then that sounds like a pretty fair comparison.

But if your comparing over 30+ comics of Hulk against DMC 1 Dante in ONE game...
then not only is that unfair from a quantity perspective, but if ur also including rebooted Hulks

short:
Both Hulk and Dante should be compared on a foundation that doesn't give a advantage or disadvantage to them.

EQUAL terms
The Hulk would destroy Dante. No offense but, I don't think you know much about comic book characters. I'm not saying that as if it's a bad thing but trust me, Hulk could crush Dante's head like popping a balloon.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Even though Dante bested Hulk, it was arguably about as much of a victory as Batman beating Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Deadpool was still pummeled to hell by Hulk. Deadpool is able to survive a beating like that, Dante can't.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wouldn't match up Dante against the Hulk though. That's unfair to Dante. I wonder how Dante would fair against someone like Hellboy. That would be an interesting match up and I'd have to think about that one.

IncarnatedDemon

No, i don't care for comics.

Anyway are you telling me that Hulk's power in first 5 comics as a whole is so much that he can still kill DMC 1 Dante?

Or are you saying Hulk can beat DMC 1 Dante on basis of more comics than the first 5 of Hulk's appearance and other stuff?

Even though Dante bested Hulk, it was arguably about as much of a victory as Batman beating Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. Deadpool was still pummeled to hell by Hulk. Deadpool is able to survive a beating like that, Dante can't.

Unless Hulk cuts Dante's body in half or splits his head from his body, Hulk's crushing attacks wont kill Dante at all.

It will weaken Dante but not kill him, and ive watched alot of stuff of Hulk pummeling his opponents and i gotta tell u pummeling Dante is like pummeling water. Ur only splashing the water away until it comes back on the ground.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No, i don't care for comics.

Anyway are you telling me that Hulk's power in first 5 comics as a whole is so much that he can still kill DMC 1 Dante?

Or are you saying Hulk can beat DMC 1 Dante on basis of more comics than the first 5 of Hulk's appearance and other stuff?

Unless Hulk cuts Dante's body in half or splits his head from his body, Hulk's crushing attacks wont kill Dante at all.

It will weaken Dante but not kill him, and ive watched alot of stuff of Hulk pummeling his opponents and i gotta tell u pummeling Dante is like pummeling water. Ur only splashing the water away until it comes back on the ground.
Hulk can survive nuclear explosions and can even survive unprotected in space for a little while. Do you seriously think Rebellion or Ebony and Ivory could even pierce or scratch that hard exterior of the Hulk which is pretty much up there with the Man of steel himself Superman? I don't think so.

I know you're a Dante fan and you admitted you don't know these characters. Your love for Dante wouldn't save him from the destructive and ridiculous strength of the Hulk. The Hulk is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe. Hulk can destroy entire planets. Dante can't.

IncarnatedDemon

Hulk can survive nuclear explosions and can even survive unprotected in space for a little while. Do you seriously think Rebellion or Ebony and Ivory could even pierce or scratch that hard exterior of the Hulk which is pretty much up there with the Man of steel himself Superman? I don't think so.

I know you're a Dante fan and you admitted you don't know these characters. Your love for Dante wouldn't save him from the destructive and ridiculous strength of the Hulk. The Hulk is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe. Hulk can destroy entire planets. Dante can't.
I may be a fan of Dante but you never gave a good explaination of Hulk's powers within 5 comics or the amount of comics equal to DMC 1 (game).

Then you could compare the whole power of Hulk in that amount of comics to Dante's powers in DMC 1 and see who would win.

All you said is Hulk will beat him bla bla without explaining why.
I dont know how powerful Hulk is within the first 10 comics. If i knew i could conclude who would win by myself.

But since u do, enlighten me?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hulk's strength is not only limited at his base either. Hulk has the ability to get even stronger. Like Superman is able to get stronger so is the Hulk. The angrier Hulk gets, the more powerful he can become. I think Hulk could stand toe to toe with Doomsday. And if he don't know who Doomsday is let me show you what he is capable of
DSC02840.JPG

Killing the Man of Steel.

IncarnatedDemon

Hulk's strength is not only limited at his base either. Hulk has the ability to get even stronger. Like Superman is able to get stronger so is the Hulk. The angrier Hulk gets, the more powerful he can become. I think Hulk could stand toe to toe with Doomsday. And if he don't know who Doomsday is let me show you what he is capable of
DSC02840.JPG

Killing the Man of Steel.

Could you map out for me what Hulk's power and abilities are within 10 FIRST comics?

I assume one of the ability is: Him getting stronger the angrier he gets?

What is the rest? And how intelligent is Hulk?

I am not asking for Hulk's power from all comics or iterations, only the 10 first comics.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I may be a fan of Dante but you never gave a good explaination of Hulk's powers within 5 comics or the amount of comics equal to DMC 1 (game).

Then you could compare the whole power of Hulk in that amount of comics to Dante's powers in DMC 1 and see who would win.

All you said is Hulk will beat him bla bla without explaining why.
I dont know how powerful Hulk is within the first 10 comics. If i knew i could conclude who would win by myself.

But since u do, enlighten me?
I'm explaining to you why Hulk would win. Are you not reading? You have no knowledge of these characters. Do you even know the Hulk's origin story and how he came to be without having to google anything? And you're under the assumption that the Hulk was somehow completely different where the truth is that the Hulk was still very freaking powerful and nothing has changed when it comes to Hulk's abilities. The only thing is how Bruce in later years was able to actually gain more control over the Hulk persona to join the Avengers etc. etc.

Top Bottom