• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante got cheated

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
how many writers have been involved in the DMC games? i suppose each title has different writers?
Hmm, DMC1 was written by a guy who is dead now( I forgot his name), novels were written by a guy called Goikeda under Kamiya's supervision ( novels contradict DMC1, but whatever), Bingo was involved in DMC2( but not as the main writer) , DMC3 and DMC4 ( where as the main writer, which is funny because DMC3 and DMC4 seem to be written by different people). Manga was written by someone else and anime by a bunch of different people per episode.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Hmm, DMC1 was written by a guy who is dead now( I forgot his name), novels were written by a guy called Goikeda under Kamiya's supervision ( novels contradict DMC1, but whatever), Bingo was involved in DMC2( but not as the main writer) , DMC3 and DMC4 ( where as the main writer, which is funny because DMC3 and DMC4 seem to be written by different people). Manga was written by someone else and anime by a bunch of different people per episode.

is that serious the writer for DMC1 is dead? it wasn't written by kamiya?

i'm surprised bingo was also in DMC3 and a main writer at that.. but both 3 and 4 had awesome cinematic, so i suppose it's his signature, although it may probably lean more on the art director..

Gel

Premium
No, Kamiya had more help in DMC1 than he admits.In fact DMC1 is officially accepted as Shinji Mikami's work than Kamiya's even inside Capcom.

absolitude

It's Hideaki Itsuno and Yuji Shimomura's signature. Especially the latter.

itsuno and shimomura is co-writer or director? well anyway i want both to stay in DMC and give em both a raise

No, Kamiya had more help in DMC1 than he admits.In fact DMC1 is officially accepted as Shinji Mikami's work than Kamiya's even inside Capcom.

oh man, i'm confused, how the hell did capcom run the company.. maybe i should look in the wikis to see who's in charge of what..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
itsuno and shimomura is co-writer or director?

No, Itsuno is the game director, Shimomura the choreographer and cutscene director. All you see in 3 and 4's cutscenes, from the choreographies to the camera movements, is his work, under Itsuno's supervision and approval.

absolitude

No, Itsuno is the game director, Shimomura the choreographer and cutscene director. All you see in 3 and 4's cutscenes, from the choreographies to the camera movements, is his work, under Itsuno's supervision and approval.

i like this itsuno guy, gonna look up his twitter if he has one

Gel

Premium
itsuno and shimomura is co-writer or director? well anyway i want both to stay in DMC and give em both a raise
Itsuno is the director, Shimomura was related with cinematics.
oh man, i'm confused, how the hell did capcom run the company.. maybe i should look in the wikis to see who's in charge of what..
This is an official gift that was distributed in DMC1 time inside Capcom.
jvxMhmE.jpg

absolitude

Itsuno is the director, Shimomura was related with cinematics.

This is an official gift that was distributed in DMC1 time inside Capcom.
jvxMhmE.jpg

by shinji mikami..

i want to ask more but this may go off-topic, i think i'll google it instead

berto

I Saw the Devil
It was. Kamiya and Noboru Sugimura wrote the scenario for DMC1, and I'm assuming Mikami had a huge hand in it because DMC1 follows his horror survival games set up to a T.

Sugimura Wrote a lot of scenarios for Capcom before his death back in '05(?). He is rather unknown but he is responsible for some of their major titles' scenarios.

Last edited:

Dio Brando

Actually, this might be closer to the truth than anything else. If you take the manga as canon the in the fight the brothers have Vergil sees Dante's arsenal and mentions how Rebellion and the two pistols suited him and Dante tells him that Yamato was just like him to have, or something to that effect, which implies that they chose their mementos rather than actually having their father or mother bestow them upon two.

yea i agree with you when i read that manga page it kinda went over my head put after awhile i think i understood

Top Bottom