• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (Devil May Cry 3) vs Kratos (God of War)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

Proviso(s): Both fighters are restricted from using anything other than their original weapons; Dante can only use his Rebellion, and Ebony and Ivory, and Kratos is only limited to the Blades of Chaos. The fighter cannot use any transformations nor any form of magic. Neither realms from each of the games that the fighters have originated shall interfere within their battle. BEGIN!
------------------

I find this a pretty close match with those provisos, Kratos is superior in attack speed and strength, but Dante's Ebony and Ivory might make up for that (especially since those are weapons beyond Kratos' time and he might not find a way to stop them). Also, both of them are equal in strength, so if Kratos uses one of his famous grabs it would only be an endless struggle between the two. Plus, they fought against equally powerful enemies- the gods in God of War are basically humans with superpowers and are just as powerful, if not more strategically set, as the demons and final bosses Dante has fought. Dante is, also, immortal, so Kratos can stab him a thousand times and he won't die (Note: the last sentence in the provisos means that neither opponents are living in their world, so it doesn't effect on how they fight. For example, if Kratos dies, he isn't in the Underworld and can climb back up, he is dead). So, I think that this is an equal fight.

Zato-OW

King
I would say Dante aswell. If he is able to use every style then Kratos is no match, Dante can slow down time and make him self ALOT more faster then he already is.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;177919 said:
I would say Dante aswell. If he is able to use every style then Kratos is no match, Dante can slow down time and make him self ALOT more faster then he already is.

This.

Dante can also block, evade, attack - from a range or from a close swipe - and slow down time.

Railazel

Read the provisos, Dante can't use styles, magic, or weapons other than his original weapons. Same goes for Kratos.

Zato-OW

King
Now it's complicated. Is this the first Kratos? Dante is faster in attack speed(Million Stab???). Kratos might be somewhat stronger then Dante,but Dante regains his strength alot faster. Then his healing factor and Dante being more skilled then Kratos doesn't help. But Kratos has a good ranged weapon on him so if he can keep Dante back and tire him he could pull out he is also pretty ruthless. Then again Dante has 2 pistols and his perfect aim well when hes not beaten up...

Keaton

Premium
I'm a big fan of Kratos, but Dante would easily have the upper hand.
If not only by his own merit, but DMC3 Dante boasts superior styles and techniques than this opponent. Doppleganger/Quicksilver would obliterate Kratos ^^

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
In all the GOW and DMC forums, I've never seen Kratos/GOW win any match while in DMC forums; and the same goes to Dante/DMC never won any match in GOW forums.
I'm not saying that is FANBOYism, just a too big coincidence =D
Anyway, I'd say that Dante wins cause he is cooler, while Kratos deserves to be stronger since he has more determination that Dante... IMO

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Keaton;178026 said:
I'm a big fan of Kratos, but Dante would easily have the upper hand.
If not only by his own merit, but DMC3 Dante boasts superior styles and techniques than this opponent. Doppleganger/Quicksilver would obliterate Kratos ^^

Read the first post, Dante can't use his styles. :dry:

Sparda™

Slayer_of_Darkness96;178130 said:

No need to be dry here. Chill out.

Crimson Devil;178113 said:
In all the GOW and DMC forums, I've never seen Kratos/GOW win any match while in DMC forums; and the same goes to Dante/DMC never won any match in GOW forums.
I'm not saying that is FANBOYism, just a too big coincidence =D
Anyway, I'd say that Dante wins cause he is cooler, while Kratos deserves to be stronger since he has more determination that Dante... IMO

Err, what?

Talking about determination, we haven't seen where Dante's leads to, so you can't say that 100%.

Keaton

Premium
Slayer_of_Darkness96;178130 said:

WhO0ps, sorry, so many of these damn things that they've all murged together ^_o

My vote still remains, as it has on all these Dante V Kratos threads. Dante is a demon, and even without his styles and even if he was weaponless Dante would still win. Dante has his own healing factor to concider, plus damn near unrivaled agility, strength, dexterity and skill.

Kratos is a very formiddible opponent, but he relies heavily on his own weapons. Kratos is also human in his own restrictions, sure, he's climbed outta hell after being pulled in...but Dante has been there twice and simply wanted to stroll into it a third time.

Railazel

So, basicall Dante would win because of his immortality, speed, and Ebony & Ivory.

Through my opinion, the only reason why Dante would win is because of Ebony & Ivory. Dante's immortality doesn't really matter because Kratos can just chop off his neck and he would die (he is that ruthless). As for speed, they're equally match (trust me, they are). Besides, the Million Stab wouldn't work if Dante can't get close enough to Kratos.

Railazel

There are two ways to beat Stinger: Move out of the way or just stab Dante when he comes close enough. Considering Kratos, the Stinger would cause more problems for Dante than become an actual help.

amellery1

lets kick some ass!...
dante has alot style,weapon,sword and faster cooler... there is alot like that dante winssss!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom