• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Countdown to DmC!!!

neccowells

Its been nearly three long years since we've first been introduced to DmC at the TGS 2010, and it has been one hell of a ****storm of negative criticism towards this game. I think I got into at least 8 raging fan arguments over this game. I've read so many racist, vulgar, insensitive, and disrespectful comments, I almost felt bad for NT/Capcom. I pre-ordered DmC in June of 2012, because I wanted Capcom to know there are still loyal DMC fans around, **** all the noise. I'm actually happy I joined this forum, it really is "A haven for DmC supporters"(lol). Ironically somebody I was arguing with about this game recommended me to join a forum, so I wouldn't have to deal with assholes like him again.

So here we are, January 5,2013. Only 10 days left before release, and counting down.

P.S. If you have not deleted your raging fan arguments on Youtube over DmC, post your funniest, dumbest, and/or meanest comments here. To show everyone what the hell we had to deal with these past 3 years.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
lol You should've seen the argument I just got into on Youtube. The guy posted a triple S video of the DmC demo, got every Lost Soul and Secret Mission, but when I commented a little innocent comment saying "Looking forward to the game" he flipped his sh*t. "No it's not, the combat is shallow, the platforming is finicky, etc etc tl;dr the game is horrible." I asked him why he was being so hostile to me in particular and he said "Because stupidity p*sses me off."

What an asshole. XD

neccowells

lol You should've seen the argument I just got into on Youtube. The guy posted a triple S video of the DmC demo, got every Lost Soul and Secret Mission, but when I commented a little innocent comment saying "Looking forward to the game" he flipped his sh*t. "No it's not, the combat is shallow, the platforming is finicky, etc etc tl;dr the game is horrible." I asked him why he was being so hostile to me in particular and he said "Because stupidity p*sses me off."

What an asshole. XD
Damn, this is the first I heard this case before. You actually tried to compliment him, and he snaps. XD. If you have more post them. I'll see if I can find a good one from my account.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Damn, this is the first I heard this case before. You actually tried to compliment him, and he snaps. XD. If you have more post them. I'll see if I can find a good one from my account.

lol He hates the game, but he 100%'ed the demo and triple S'ed it. So when I said I think the game looks fun he apparently had to prove me wrong.

neccowells

triad6425: " By removing dante's half human heritage, it like stripping away the title Devil May Cry from the series. Dante's humanity was the part of him that allows him to have emotions."

Me: "So I'm assuming Angels have no emotions. "

Some random guy named drbzps: "
Well they are just beings created by god to do his ****, they aren't really supposed to have them, if they did, they might as well be average humans."

ChaserTech

What an asshole. XD

This one user on gamefaqs complained on a video that I made about DMC4 vs DmC Speed Comparison:

"Great comparison until you decided to include your opinion at the very end. Who gives a damn if you're not going to buy it? Really? You're not impressed by the gameplay? No one needed to know that. Even if you were the top DMC player in the history of the franchise, that still should be kept to yourself / posted elsewhere and not in the video.. Seriously why do people always feel the need to state their opinions literally everywhere?"

I even have pro-DmC users who think I want this game to fail just because I made a video about the glitches I found.
As stated before, both sides can be irrational. I personally don't think we should keep bringing up how one side is with when both can be immature..

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've seen plenty of pros be immature, even on this board. I saw a post in bold, italicized text stating "SUCK IT HATERS!" on here when the DmC intro cutscene was leaked.

ChaserTech

I've seen plenty of pros be immature, even on this board. I saw a post in bold, italicized text stating "SUCK IT HATERS!" on here when the DmC intro cutscene was leaked.

Yeah the whole haterz thing is played out. I also noticed a review that talked about the haters complaining about white hair.
I thought it was kinda unprofessional.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
The most funny ones I've seen were those that contradicted themselves. Examples:

"The pause combos are too easy to perform because of the flashing light and rumble! Pause combos are also too difficult to pull off because they leave you too open."

"The controls are too simplified. A dedicated launch button? Please. The controls are also too complicated for the sake of being complicated! Screw you Heavenly Sword May Crap!"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah the whole haterz thing is played out. I also noticed a review that talked about the haters complaining about white hair.
I thought it was kinda unprofessional.

Most of the interviews paint NT's staff members in a negative light. The "high-class" British accents they all have don't help either. Makes them seem snooty.

ChaserTech

Most of the interviews paint NT's staff members in a negative light. The "high-class" British accents they all have don't help either. Makes them seem snooty.

Oh no, I mean magazine reviews.
I saw one recently that said "Read it and weep haters"

neccowells

This one user on gamefaqs complained on a video that I made about DMC4 vs DmC Speed Comparison:

I even have pro-DmC users who think I want this game to fail just because I made a video about the glitches I found.
As stated before, both sides can be irrational. I personally don't think we should keep bringing up how one side is with when both can be immature..
bro, like I said, **** all the noise. I saw your comparison videos, and it was very informational. I respect your opinions. Lets laugh at all these Bullsh*ter/haters. Post more raging comments.

neccowells

The most funny ones I've seen were those that contradicted themselves. Examples:

"The pause combos are too easy to perform because of the flashing light and rumble! Pause combos are also too difficult to pull off because they leave you too open."

"The controls are too simplified. A dedicated launch button? Please. The controls are also too complicated for the sake of being complicated! Screw you Heavenly Sword May Crap!"
lol, that might be one of the dumbest rage I've read so far.

ChaserTech

To be fair, most reviews I've read don't sound professional at all. Not just for this game but for many others.

Yeah a lot of reviews can be unprofessional. I'll give you that. But it's just something I wanted to point out.

bro, like I said, **** all the noise. I saw your comparison videos, and it was very informational. I respect your opinions. Lets laugh at all these Bullsh*ter/haters. Post more raging comments.

Instead of laughing at them and provoking them, I will ignore them and correct them of their ignorance.
If they don't respect what I have to say, then I just move on. No need to prolong the arguments or fights.

scionicspectre

So this will be the 10-day countdown thread, eh? It sort of feels like we should talk about something more than just the torrent of negativity we've had to swim through. Honestly, along with titles like Castlevania : Lords of Shadow, the new take on DmC is one of the things that has encouraged me most in the game industry, lately. For a while I had nearly given up on finding games enjoyable, since they all got too bent out of shape on being realistic and forgot about good design.

Hearing Tameem's comments about how much passion went into this game, and the studio's ideology of what a game should be really got to me. I'm just hoping that, once people get the full experience, we can have some more enlightened discussions about the game.

neccowells

Yeah a lot of reviews can be unprofessional. I'll give you that. But it's just something I wanted to point out.

Instead of laughing at them and provoking them, I will ignore them and correct them of their ignorance.
If they don't respect what I have to say, then I just move on. No need to prolong the arguments or fights.
You're taking this way too literally, the intentions of my thread is not to provoke anyone. It's to take the negativity towards this game, and turn it around for our amusement. We're not here to hurt anyone feelings, nor add fuel to the fire. I just want to change the negative atmosphere towards this game, in the final 10 days before release. Anyway, do whatever you got to do,

neccowells

So this will be the 10-day countdown thread, eh? It sort of feels like we should talk about something more than just the torrent of negativity we've had to swim through. Honestly, along with titles like Castlevania : Lords of Shadow, the new take on DmC is one of the things that has encouraged me most in the game industry, lately. For a while I had nearly given up on finding games enjoyable, since they all got too bent out of shape on being realistic and forgot about good design.

Hearing Tameem's comments about how much passion went into this game, and the studio's ideology of what a game should be really got to me. I'm just hoping that, once people get the full experience, we can have some more enlightened discussions about the game.
The sarcasm isn't necessary, Its a thread to reflect on the hardship DmC had to endure before it even hit the shelves. Now that we're near release, we can just laugh away all the negativity and criticism. I want to make those discussions even more enlightening by showing how much are supporting this game. Today's generation of gamers are too picky about what they want in a video games, and the gaming industry slowly failing to meet consumer needs. People now and days want something to shoot at, or something that instantly catches their eye. Story and plot is hard to come by now and days. That is why I am a strong supporter of DmC. I can tell how much dedication NT put into this game's design, story, mechanics, and dialogue, but people would rather crush their passion over the style of Dante's hair.

ChaserTech

You're taking this way too literally, the intentions of my thread is not to provoke anyone. It's to take the negativity towards this game, and turn it around for our amusement. We're not here to hurt anyone feelings, nor add fuel to the fire. I just want to change the negative atmosphere towards this game, in the final 10 days before release. Anyway, do whatever you got to do,

"Lets laugh at all these Bullsh*ter/haters. Post more raging comments."

I was responding to that, not your thread itself. And honestly, you are adding fuel to the fire by poking fun at the anti's/pros opinions. Provoking them by posting raging comments as well as laughing at them.

Top Bottom