• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Costumes

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
@Daimon Leon Corrupt still has those fissures, zoom in the pic I posted in the first page.

@scionicspectre I'd like to see Credo's outfit on Vergil, as well as a recolor of his coat with a darker blue with white/light blue dragon motifs instead of the default snake-ish ones.
Oh, yeah, I think I see it, though I can't zoom in on the picture.
Still, really disappointed there's no DMC1 and DMC2 costumes for Dante, no coatless Vergil, and apparently no way for him to turn into Nelo Angelo in his DT, just Sparda. I hope there's costumes they haven't yet announced.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh, yeah, I think I see it, though I can't zoom in on the picture.
Still, really disappointed there's no DMC1 and DMC2 costumes for Dante, no coatless Vergil, and apparently no way for him to turn into Nelo Angelo in his DT, just Sparda. I hope there's costumes they haven't yet announced.

Greg said in a stream that every character has only one costume and one color palette. So we've seen everything except for Vergil's color palette swap.

Yeah the absence of coatless variants is my biggest disappointment.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I feel like Vergil's color palate will just be Vante. (The Vergil you fight in DMC3 while playing Vergil who instead wears all red)

and if that is the case, I'll be gravely disappointed.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I feel like Vergil's color palate will just be Vante. (The Vergil you fight in DMC3 while playing Vergil who instead wears all red)

and if that is the case, I'll be gravely disappointed.

They gave Dante a DmC palette so maybe they'll do the same with Vergil?

scionicspectre

I really wanted to see an Order costume for Nero [...] Oh but there is an almost monochromatic Nero costume with a scarf. ...Yaay? FuuuuukKKK COMBO BREAKER.

That's actually an Order uniform, as is the outfit he wears in the game. You can tell from the insignia on the shoulder. I'm guessing you mean the white military sort of attire the others wear?

Also, out of all the possible recolors for Vergil, Vante doesn't sound like a bad option so long as they don't try to make the shirt red, too- it would have looked better had it stayed black.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
That's actually an Order uniform, as is the outfit he wears in the game. You can tell from the insignia on the shoulder. I'm guessing you mean the white military sort of attire the others wear?

Also, out of all the possible recolors for Vergil, Vante doesn't sound like a bad option so long as they don't try to make the shirt red, too- it would have looked better had it stayed black.
Yeah, I mean the white order uniform, not order-themed clothing.

I just think Capcom made almost no effort on the costumes... they might as well have not even mentioned them. No DMC1 Dante outfit, not even DMC2 Dante? Really weird, almost everybody was hoping for those costumes and they decided not to deliver. Just another weird choice from Cr@pcom.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.

I just think Capcom made almost no effort on the costumes... they might as well have not even mentioned them. No DMC1 Dante outfit, not even DMC2 Dante? Really weird, almost everybody was hoping for those costumes and they decided not to deliver. Just another weird choice from Cr@pcom.
Let's just hope that Greg doesn't know what he's talking about or we misinterpreted what he said. There's still hope for more costumes although it seems very unlikely.

scionicspectre

Yeah, because Capcom reads these forums. Hah! They probably have no clue anyone remembers DMC 2 to begin with, let alone Dante's costume. Considering how I expected them to act, I'm more than satisfied. If any of us were in charge, of course we'd do things differently. I'm glad they're doing more than just pandering to fans with costumes, though.

I also asked Gregaman about this directly, so hopefully we'll know beyond a doubt, soon.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Yeah, because Capcom reads these forums. Hah! They probably have no clue anyone remembers DMC 2 to begin with, let alone Dante's costume. Considering how I expected them to act, I'm more than satisfied. If any of us were in charge, of course we'd do things differently. I'm glad they're doing more than just pandering to fans with costumes, though.

I also asked Gregaman about this directly, so hopefully we'll know beyond a doubt, soon.
That makes no sense. They don't need to read this forum to know that people would like a DMC1 Dante costume AT LEAST, and possibly a DMC2 costume. It's pretty much a given that people liked DMC1 Dante and his outfit... it stands to reason. It's also a matter of paying respect to the past installments and knowing that they've attracted a lot of love from people. Most people still like DMC1 more than they do DMC4, I mean come on. Costumes from DMC1, and possibly 2 and 3, would be hits.

Also, the point is that they could've easily added costumes that were more original or more asked for... but they didn't. Instead they just added a color swap for Dante 'n sh*t. Yeah, I call that disappointing.

Last edited:

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

Considering how easy it was for modders to make a DMC1 outfit in DMC4...

scionicspectre

That makes no sense. They don't need to read this forum to know that people would like a DMC1 Dante costume AT LEAST, and possibly a DMC2 costume. It's pretty much a given that people liked DMC1 Dante and his outfit... it stands to reason. It's also a matter of paying respect to the past installments and knowing that they've attracted a lot of love from people. Most people still like DMC1 more than they do DMC4, I mean come on. Costumes from DMC1, and possibly 2 and 3, would be hits.

Also, the point is that they could've easily added costumes that were more original or more asked for... but they didn't. Instead they just added a color swap for Dante 'n sh*t. Yeah, I call that disappointing.

I didn't say anything about DMC 1, and I agree with you- it's an odd exclusion. Of course, the DMC 4 outfit was made to blend that outfit with Dante's new style, so they may have mistakenly thought it would be redundant. Even still, they don't know what people are asking for, necessarily, and quite honestly they should make what they like if they think it's good. It's not great, but I have so much to be grateful for in this Special Edition I can't help but feel weird if I tried complaining about this.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, I don't think DMC4 Dante was nearly as slick as DMC1 Dante so, the exclusion itself seems rather appropriate, when you get right down to it.

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Do we have word on Vergil's palette swap? I think he'd look pretty slick if they gave him something akin to DmC-Vergil's color-scheme

Blazer-X

On the bright side, Vante is kinda cool. On the not so bright side, we miss out on DmC Vergil palette, which would have been kinda interesting if they went with it.

Frazz

General gamer
I'm really glad they put a Vante costume in, I think it looks great from the screens shown! I do hope they do a DmC costume version as free (or very cheap) DLC. Overall I'd be happy with a DLC costume pack that has 2 new costumes for each character. That'd be nice... Classic costumes for Dante, DmC alt for Vergil and a Nelo version for him, Nero with an Order white costume and DMC1 Dante attire (I think it'd suit him!). Stuff like that would be great!

Top Bottom