• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom's legendary planner Neo_G (Hidetoshi Ishizawa) has left Capcom and joined SNK

Sesha

No, this isn't an April Fools joke. Neo_G left in January, apparently.

Announced on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Neo_G_3/status/715837640965275649
Confirmed via FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/hidetoshi.ishizawa.56?fref=ts

This is big news.

He was one of the most notable combat/fighting game guys at Capcom, along with Itsuno. He worked as a game designer on DMC4, the director of 3rd Strike and Tatsunoko Ultimate All-Stars (the Wii port), a game designer on multiple Capcom fighting games including Street Fighter Alpha 2, Darkstalkers 3, and CvS 2, and the main combat system designer on MvC3 and battle system director on UMvC3. He's also worked on manual design (which is exactly what it says, he designed the game manual) for several Capcom games.

End of an era.

This is a huge loss for Capcom, and a sad day for fans of Capcom games.

Here's a list of some of his credits:

1996 - Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Planner)
1997 - Street Fighter III: New Generation (Planner)
1997 - Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - Giant Attack (Planning)
1997 - Darkstalkers 3 (Planner)
1998 - Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein (Special Thanks)
1998 - Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Special Thanks)
1999 - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - (Director)
2000 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Planner)
2000 - Spawn: In The Demon's Hand (Special Thanks)
2000 - Capcom vs. SNK (Planner)
2001 - Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium (Planner)
2002 - Jojo no Kimyō na Bōken: Ōgon no Kaze (Planning)
2002 - Resident Evil (Manual Design)
2003 - Devil May Cry 2 (Planner)
2004 - Capcom Fighting Jam (Planner, director, producer)
2008 - Devil May Cry 4 (Planning)
2008 - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes (Planning Directors)
2010 - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars (Planning Directors)
2010 - Super Street Fighter IV (Special Thanks)
2011 - Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Battle System Designer)
2011 - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Battle director)
2014 - Ultra Street Fighter IV (Manual Design)
2015 - Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Manual Design)
2015 - Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Manual Design)

Last edited:

Sesha

Capcom really is falling apart eh?

That's a bit hasty. This is their first big employee loss in a while. Though it should be a concern for them, since a senior financial analyst from Mizuho Trust & Banking commented in their online integrated report from last October that they should keep their talent in order to nurture their future talent pool since they are dedicated to hiring 100 new developers every year, and Neo_G is a major talent.

Viper

Premium
*shrugs* Capcom loses, SNK gains.
Hmm, January seems a bit too late for him to get involved in upcoming KOF, but I'm sure he is already super busy on something.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
SNK still exist? i thought they were gone and became that company from china

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm with Sesha on this one. It's too early to wave the white flag just yet.

Capcom could still turn things around.

Viper

Premium
SNK still exist? i thought they were gone and became that company from china
SNK had troubles in past (including having to buy their intellectual property back), but they were keeping themselves afloat over past years. Majority of their shares was bought by a Chinese company last year, there was some talk about what they plan with SNK's IPs, but so far SNK continues making games as usual.

absolitude

SNK had troubles in past (including having to buy their intellectual property back), but they were keeping themselves afloat over past years. Majority of their shares was bought by a Chinese company last year, there was some talk about what they plan with SNK's IPs, but so far SNK continues making games as usual.

nice to hear that, being able to get one of capcom's best is kinda awesome too.. but i'm still wondering why the new KOF game felt soulless if SNK is still involved in it..

Viper

Premium
nice to hear that, being able to get one of capcom's best is kinda awesome too.. but i'm still wondering why the new KOF game felt soulless if SNK is still involved in it..
KOFIV looks okay to me, from what I've seen in trailers, so I'm afraid I don't really understand this lack of soul you noticed. Maybe you need to wait the end product, when it's all been polished shiny.

absolitude

KOFIV looks okay to me, from what I've seen in trailers, so I'm afraid I don't really understand this lack of soul you noticed. Maybe you need to wait the end product, when it's all been polished shiny.

the gameplay and everything is fine, it's the characters, i don't feel them, i mean look at kyo.. but this is another topic..

Top Bottom