• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Promises For More "Remastered" Games

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Copying the text here:
Capcom plans to release more HD remasters of "popular older games" by the end of March 2016.

The publisher touched upon its re-release plans during a presentation of its latest financial results, where it revealed that it planned to "utilize existing intellectual property, such as by selling HD remastered versions of popular older games" during its current fiscal year.

Capcom released two current-gen remasters - DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition and Resident Evil HD Remaster - during its previous financial year, and has already announced a PS4, Xbox One and PC remaster of Devil May Cry 4 for release this summer.

But could it have more in the works? A remastered version of GameCube title Resident Evil Zero is rumoured to be in development, but has yet to be officially confirmed.

Resident Evil HD Remaster launched in February and quickly went on to sell over 1 million units. Sales figures for DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition, however, have yet to be announced.

Source: Capcom
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/resid...more_hd_remasters_of_popular_older_games.html

There's also a possibility for a Resident Evil 2 HD Remaster. What do you folks think about this?
DMC is probably off limits because of the HD Collection. I'd honestly like to see some Darkstalkers and Megaman X.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Just bring onimusha and i may give it a go. But rest? what for? we can pick it off store any time

Goldsickle

How so? A remake is just a remake of an old game, not a brand new game.
The effort, time and budget put into developing the game will be as much as making a game from scratch.
Which is why business-wise, it's seen as a "brand new game".

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm getting pretty sick of all these remasters coming from Capcom. I assume its because there's no money for a new IP for them, but after awhile, riding on your already made series for too long will show signs of desperation for a quick buck, and slowly loosing interest. Capcom really needs to do something fresh, because repackaging old games with prettier bows and all isn't going to cut it in the long run. And living off of former glory is even more risky.

EDIT: Ninja Theory is making a new IP from scratch with a cheap budget, and only minimal amounts of people. If Ninja Theory can do it with such a smaller budget, Capcom should too. But different businesses and all that could be a reason.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
The effort, time and budget put into developing the game will be as much as making a game from scratch.

Business-wise, yes.

Overall? No.
It's still a remake, doesn't matter if it's made from scratch or not because it's still supposed to be a remake.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I would rather have new IP's than remasters honestly.
I feel like this generation has had far to many remasters already.
^^ DITTO THIS! CAPCOM NO! JUST NO! don't even think about it! we're not that stupid,Capcom we would not accept your lazy business practices!
Not to mention RE:Remake was like 70% different from RE1 which technically does make it a "brand new game".

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Haunting Ground please. You know how hard it is to get a copy of that game without it being super freakin expensive.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm getting pretty sick of all these remasters coming from Capcom.
As am I.

This is just a way of reselling the same games on "digital-only" platforms. Sure, at the moment they're promising at least some physical releases, but it's a slippery slope, and soon every single one of their games are just going to be nostalgia waves sold to you only when they want you to have it.

I agree with everything you said though. Especially the part about Ninja Theory. There really isn't any excuse at all when it comes to creating new installments and IPs.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The only game i want Capcom to remaster to HD is Resident Evil 2, otherwise don't bother, I'm honestly tired of all these remasters (besides RE2) which I feel is just a quick and easy cash grab for Capcom while not having to make a new IP.

Meg

"We have no money or ideas! Let's release the same games over and over again!"

*ahem*

That said, I never played RE2 & 3, so if they wanted to remake those....:whistle:

And I'm not holding my breath for Onimusha, as much as I want it. :'(

ArabPikachu

Don't have a problem with Capcom making HD updates of old games per se but bringing in new intellectual properties would also be appreciated; A balance between the two makes sense because of the yin-yang relationship between old/new.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
"We have no money or ideas! Let's release the same games over and over again!"

*ahem*

That said, I never played RE2 & 3, so if they wanted to remake those.
...:whistle:

And I'm not holding my breath for Onimusha, as much as I want it. :'(

Wait really!?

Your a member over on the Resident Evil forum so I thought you where a big Resident Evil gamer, out of curiosity which ones have you played?

Top Bottom