• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Has A Big Surprise At E3

Do you think it could be Devil May Cry related?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wish people didn't get their hopes up so much. It tends to expand to me.

One thing I've learned over the years is that if Capcom says it's a big announcement it rarely has anything to do with DMC. If it did it would read 'big DMC news.'

TO Capcom big news comes in the form of new IPs, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, things they are spending alot more money than usual, or other big hitters, the kinda thing you don't just mention off hand during a press conference, the things you go into detail about. There won't be another DMC for a while, if at all.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't think its anything DMC related but I don't doubt that that they don't have something DMC related and if its not shown at E3 it might be shown at TGS 2013 but if they do announce a new DMC game its either 3 of the following.

1. HD Remake (of well most likely DMC3 or DMC2....I say DMC3)
2. DMC1 full remake (akin to MegaMan Maverick Hunter X/Powered Up or Resident Evil (2002))
3. A PS Vita/handheld title

Hence not DMC5 or DmC2.

I'm going for #3 since well the PS Vita needs exclusives and since they announced/revealed a new RE game on the Vita (Its first one too) I see Capcom giving the PS Vita (Sony) some more support. Plus it would be rather cheap to make so its not nothing major to expect well 2-3 mil units from it.

Actually I root for #1 the most if its a Wii U exclusive and its DMC3 so they can call it Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening: ULTIMATE EDITION.....hence the U as in ULTIMATE. Everything DMC3 SE was and more.

-Updated HD Wii U graphics (like Wind Waker HD)
-Access to all 6 styles (STYLE SWITCHING)
-Altered movesets (with some added moves from DMC4 such as the ability to charge firearms without the need for Ginslinger style)
-Better emphasis on aerial combat (can pull off certain direction inputs in the air similar to Nero/Bayonetta LIKE AERIAL STINGER or AERIAL REVOLVER and even AERIAL ICE AGE)
-A Vergil campaign made just for him with his own boss fights, missions, and story taken from his own perspective.
-Plus extra stuff.....like....artwork and vids and other stuff you expect from a DMC game.

Just an idea.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
E 3 is live now. ^_^
E3 is today? o.o guess we'll hear what Capcom's big surprise is in the next few days.

And then find out it's a small surprise!
ccb105.gif
announce they're making a Resident Evil pinball machine only in Japan.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i knew it. DR3. i really gotta get into that series

Hmmmm....Capcom never said it was their "Big Surprise" I doubt its DMC related but I doubt Dead Rising 3 as an Xbox One exclusive published by Microsoft is their "Big Surprise".

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Hmmmm....Capcom never said it was their "Big Surprise" I doubt its DMC related but I doubt Dead Rising 3 as an Xbox One exclusive published by Microsoft is their "Big Surprise".

they might have another trick or two up their sleeve but i think that for right now, DR3 is a major announcement.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
they might have another trick or two up their sleeve but i think that for right now, DR3 is a major announcement.

Its more of a major announcement for Microsoft than it is for Capcom....plus there is like 2-3 days left and Sony hasn't gone up yet....I'm sure Capcom still has a bit more.

aoshi

E3 is today? o.o guess we'll hear what Capcom's big surprise is in the next few days.

And then find out it's a small surprise!
ccb105.gif
announce they're making a Resident Evil pinball machine only in Japan.

Please...Can you cut the negativity. Capcom never reveals anything. Alex jones commented before DmC's release that vergil will not be playable and yet we got Vergil's downfall. So if they say there's a surprise, I expect a surprise.

Man, I am not a dead rising fan. So DR 3 was not happy news for me. It was more regular news.:steve:

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Please...Can you cut the negativity. Capcom never reveals anything. Alex jones commented before DmC's release that vergil will not be playable and yet we got Vegil's downfall. So if they say there's a surprise, I expect a surprise.

Man, I am not a dead rising fan. So DR 3 was not happy news for me. It was more regular news.:steve:
Actualy I think they said Vergil wasn't playable in the main game, so in truth they were honest but just didn't say he'd be playable in a DLC [I've seen it happen in interviews with other people before. it's a way of dancing around the question without giving a direct answer] at least, from the one of the videos I saw they did answer like that.

And I'll try not to be. Honestly there's been some cool things announced at E3 this year o.o I thought that sort of stuff only happened in TGS but there's things like FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 that have been revealed [and I'm friggin excited about that! =D I used to love that as a teen] There was also The Walking Dead 400 days DLC too.

It just all depends what Capcom shows anything else. I've never really been a Dead Rising fan, granted the graphics for the new game do look good.

Reactions: Jak

aoshi

Actualy I think they said Vergil wasn't playable in the main game, so in truth they were honest but just didn't say he'd be playable in a DLC [I've seen it happen in interviews with other people before. it's a way of dancing around the question without giving a direct answer] at least, from the one of the videos I saw they did answer like that.

Oh yeah, It's the reporter's fault for not asking him if he is going to playable in a DLC. Or even us people to have not seen it coming in a DLC even after alex jones said he will not be playable. Please, My point was VD was a surprise.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah, It's the reporter's fault for not asking him if he is going to playable in a DLC. Or even us people to have not seen it coming in a DLC even after alex jones said he will not be playable. Please, My point was VD was a surprise.

VD is always a surprise my friend :p . but all jokes aside, what do you think capcom is gonna do? i think that they're gonna make an announcement that they are working on something new.

aoshi

VD is always a surprise my friend :p . but all jokes aside, what do you think capcom is gonna do? i think that they're gonna make an announcement that they are working on something new.

IDK, Don't you think DR 3 was the surprise they were talking about?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
yeah, but i just thought about it, and i don't think that they're done. maybe something on the last day.

It can be something in announced in the Nintendo direct, besides one exclusive for Wii U? I don't know, this generation seems to be returning to the habit of putting work in bringing exclusives to the plataforms.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
IDK, Don't you think DR 3 was the surprise they were talking about?
I hope not. I'd prefer something new. Still E3 isn't over yet, so who knows, maybe they'll pull something else out of the bag. But it's very possible Dead Rising 3 was it.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
W e can only hope for a new DMC/DmC game at this point. DmC was only just released, and the hatred and feelings of betray are still strong for it. Older DMC fans im sure are probably upset and feel betrayed by Capcom. It's still far too early for Capcom to be thinking of releasing another title within both Devil May Cry series.

aoshi

E 3 is almost over. I guess Dead rising 3 was the surprise. *sigh*

I think ubisoft put up a better show. 3 new games Watch dogs, The division and splinter cell blacklist.. And not to mention AC 4. Comon capcom, AC 4 got announced immediately after AC 3. Can you guys not do the same for your brand value IPs???

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
E 3 is almost over. I guess Dead rising 3 was the surprise. *sigh*

I think ubisoft put up a better show. 3 new games Watch dogs, The division and splinter cell blacklist.. And not to mention AC 4. Comon capcom, AC 4 got announced immediately after AC 3. Can you guys not do the same for your brand value IPs???

...at least we got some cool games coming soon like arkham origins and watch dogs and the ps4 was finally revealed

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
When I heard Dead Rising 3 was an Xbox One exclusive I nearly cried.

Now I actually have a reason to get the Xbox One, but I dun want to murder my financial status

Top Bottom