• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Slacri

Yeah, the animation in Vergil's Downfall was pretty awful. I didn't mind the concept but the execution was just horrid.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If we replace Ninja Theory with Pewdiepie on this matter, you don't change much. The only difference is that your English is slightly better. Slightly.

Stop with the passive-aggressive insults. That like suggesting that he doesn't know English very well and is offensive on a base level.

I don't mean to come off as aggressive, I just don't want Alchemist to have another reason to retort.

Giving you a reason to answer.

Giving him a reason to answer back.

So, let's stop this now, before the thread gets locked.

I like this thread.

I would like it to stay open, please.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
There was a lot of things wrong with Resident Evil 6. As a horror fan and big RE fan you can understand why RE 6 to me was the worst game I played last year. However RE 6 sold about 2 and half million dollars. This is a complete failure?

The new Tomb Raider sold over 3 million copies. This is a failure?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7121-Dark-Souls-and-Dark-Sales
Resident Evil 6 is fun as a multiplayer. I've enjoyed playing along others which ever campaign I picked. Where it fell short for me was single player [offline] and the story.

And that thing about Tomb Raider shocks me because that sold more than any title in the previous series. It makes me think of a podcast I heard not long ago, where these guys questioned if too much money is being invested in games, especially with the current climate. Most would rather wait for a price drop than buy a game day 1.

So Ninja Theory claimed they were going to announce something by now and still haven't, and Capcom says they cancelled a bunch of western projects.

Think they canned DmC2?
I'm not sure. They mentioned some time back they had two projects in the works. Capcom would've said something to them in advance before giving out the recent news if a DmC sequel was cancelled, but it doesn't confirm the annoucement Ninja Theory are going to reveal is DmC related. It could be an entirely new project.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
There was a lot of things wrong with Resident Evil 6. As a horror fan and big RE fan you can understand why RE 6 to me was the worst game I played last year. However RE 6 sold about 2 and half million dollars. This is a complete failure?

The new Tomb Raider sold over 3 million copies. This is a failure?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7121-Dark-Souls-and-Dark-Sales

Well I wouldn't call Resident Evil 6 a complete failure, but by Capcom's standards I would deem it a failure in their eyes and a lot of the fans eyes.

The reviews for it where "mixed" to say the least, and the fan reception to it wasn't that better.

And also consider that it sold well below their estimated target, that to Capcom would automatically put it in the "failure" department in their eyes.

This seems to be proven by the recent fact that they are now rethinking their strategy and considering going back to the "horror roots" of Resident Evil.

Terrutas

Of course you have to keep it private. It's an unwritten rule of etiquette. Not even I would accept under those conditions.
Nah, I won't publicly shame him. Even he isn't deserving of it. Plus I've been a victim of it myself, and therefore I'd never do it to someone else.

You know what? Forget I even said that, you're right. If he wants to discuss it like the adult he claims to be, I'm open.

IncarnatedDemon

Well I wouldn't call Resident Evil 6 a complete failure, but by Capcom's standards I would deem it a failure in their eyes and a lot of the fans eyes.

The reviews for it where "mixed" to say the least, and the fan reception to it wasn't that better.

And also consider that it sold well below their estimated target, that to Capcom would automatically put it in the "failure" department in their eyes.

This seems to be proven by the recent fact that they are now rethinking their strategy and considering going back to the "horror roots" of Resident Evil.
Metacritic user reviews are below 8. Thats a failure.

And i dont think the reviews are very valid but i cant think the "real" critics i.e IGN, Destructoid would review a game as it is.

So really mixed reviews vs user reviews?
And if you want to really know if the game was a success from a review standpoint, then best way to find that out is finding relatively unbiased Youtube reviewers who doesnt have a site or channel for gaming that is monetarized or whatever.

But going based on "critics" (IGN, Destructoid, Gamespot. etc) is no better than going based on metacritic. Id say its worse.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Metacritic user reviews are below 8. Thats a failure.

And i dont think the reviews are very valid but i cant think the "real" critics i.e IGN, Destructoid would review a game as it is.

So really mixed reviews vs user reviews?
And if you want to really know if the game was a success from a review standpoint, then best way to find that out is finding relatively unbiased Youtube reviewers who doesnt have a site or channel for gaming that is monetarized or whatever.

But going based on "critics" (IGN, Destructoid, Gamespot. etc) is no better than going based on metacritic. Id say its worse.

Well a company like Capcom may listen to some of those reviews.

They also may be looking around forums and videos to see fan reaction to it.

I myself played the game to form my own opinion on it as well as talked to many others who have played it on youtube videos and various Resident Evil forums and yea, "mixed" would be the right term to use here.

If it wasn't "mixed" than Capcom would have no reason to even consider going back to Resident Evil's "horror roots" with the next game.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Well if they canned western devs that means finally I'll get some more Japanese originality that I love and hopefully never see DmC again :)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well if they canned western devs that means finally I'll get some more Japanese originality that I love and hopefully never see DmC again :)
I wouldn't mind if they did both. Hand DmC over to NT and let Capcom work on DMC5. I'd buy both.

Got to say though, Japanese does not equal originality. There are tropes that cross through anime and games that are typically Japanese. Neither does NT do original. It just is what it is.

IncarnatedDemon

You do realize that if DmC is canned, that it could mean DMC won't see the light of day either?
If DmC isn't canned there is less than 30% chance of DMC seeing light of day.

If DmC is canned there is over 50% chance of DMC.

Just guesses based on how Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC.
The point with the numbers are: DmC being canned gives DMC higher chance of happening.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If DmC isn't canned there is less than 30% chance of DMC seeing light of day.

If DmC is canned there is over 50% chance of DMC.

Just guesses based on how Capcom wanted DmC to replace DMC.
The point with the numbers are: DmC being canned gives DMC higher chance of happening.
How did you work that one out?

If DmC is canned, who know what they'll do either way. They could think DmC didn't work, let's make DMC5; or they could say DmC didn't work so let's not make another DMC game ever again.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
How did you work that one out?

If DmC is canned, who know what they'll do either way. They could think DmC didn't work, let's make DMC5; or they could say DmC didn't work so let's not make another DMC game ever again.

Thats how I see it as well.

It could go either way at this point.

IncarnatedDemon

What i said isn't fact. But based on statements and actions and lack of actions from Capcom i concluded that DmC 2 never happening is positive for DMC.

I will get all sources to the statements to show you what i based my conclusion on.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
How many other Capcom games and brands are going strong? Just wondering as this could affect what they do next.

and lack of actions from Capcom i concluded that DmC 2 never happening is positive for DMC.
A lack of action from Capcom is just a lack of action, you can't conclude anything from it. And how is DmC 2 not being made going to be positive? It could mean they cann all DMC games, but we don't know yet until Capcom make an official statement regarding the future of those games.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah, seriously, the japanese are even more known for a lock or originally as they just reuse the same ideas over and over and over all the time. DMC1 was in essence BioHazard/RE with demons and a cambion hero, while DMC3 was...a modern InuYasha to be honest, abnd DMC4 was an episode of Bleach...
I don't know where the idea of Japan= land of originality comes from. Maybe because Westerners see Japanese culture as different, therefore original? But once you get into how they think, watch some daytime dramas, anime and films, it's not so exciting or original anymore.
What they do is they see what works, what sells and then rehash it, same as any company.

Top Bottom