• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom end development on DMC 5

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well that's too bad. I actually had hope that there'd be that "Girls Night Out" DLC where we get to play as Lady, Trish, and Lucia. Or at least a playable Vergil if only for Bloody Palace.

Yeah, DMC5 is a complete game, but that doesn't mean I don't want the obvious things to be added in. Of course we'll probably get a DMC5 Special Edition down the road that has all this I bet.

I hope for a Special Edition. Either on PS4 or PS5.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well if DMC6 will do DLCs and not cancel them on us again.
Oh? Last I checked we got Bloody Palace. Was there any other announced DLC I was not aware of?

I'm being facetious obviously, but the point I'm (and I'm sure Foxy too) trying to make to you Ronin is Capcom never announced anything, hell, pretty sure day 1 (or even prior to release) it was said Bloody Palace would be all we'd be getting and nothing was planned for after. Now it was one thing to hope we'd get more, but sadly that wasn't the case.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Honestly I rather get DMC6 than a special edition.

You know we can have both.

Work on DMC5 started right after they finished and released DMC4SE.

Either way this is a bummer. Oh well. Okabe did say they didn't plan any DLC while in development and are willing to tailor DLC based on fan feedback. So hopefully DMC5SE (if it ever exists) is more like DmCDE where they take all fan feedback and requests rather than DMC4SE (its a 100% guarantee those 3 will appear in a SE so it wont be much of a surprise like it was for DMC4SE).

Well if they just skip straight to DMC6 Vergil, Trish, and Lady better be playable there (from the get go) to make up for this.

Either way this does demotivates me to continue on this board and the Reddit.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I mean... The game was fine as it was? No one complained about DMC3 not having Vergil playable, but once that Special Edition came out he's all anyone seems to talk about.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I mean... The game was fine as it was? No one complained about DMC3 not having Vergil playable, but once that Special Edition came out he's all anyone seems to talk about.
I did actually complain a bit XD because he was playable in mission 19 during arkham fight of arkham grab dante or if u press start on an other controller... Infact I always played that mission and let arkham grab dante for and then use heath star to not let dante die and play as vergil for a long time... When the special edition was out I was happy as hell but a bit disappointed when I find out that you play the same mission from the main game

Last edited:
Top Bottom