• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom asks you to choose wich game gets a sequel

wich game gets a sequel

• DMC5

Votes: 63 44.4%
  • DmC2

Votes: 81 57.0%
  • Another reboot about how Mundus lbecame a succesful businessman

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Unreal sucks D;

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DmC nuthuggers have started to realize their game is a bomb and now they want to take down the rest of the series with them (`c`)
How does letting both games be made kill the other games? :/ They'd still be making DMC5, but also DmC2 at the same time.
Just give DmC to NT and help them with the combat like last time and then Capcom can go back to the main DMC games. I don't see the problem. ^_^

Terrutas

So sick of you. Are you perhaps illiterate? Can you not read when you have received warnings about your attitude? Good grief, child - go AWAY.
He's just some troll from /v/.
He won't go away until you force him to since this is all but a game to him.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yup...he/she/it went on Friday.

Gonna have to push this back on topic though now...or I'll have to ban myself and that's just messy ;)

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Like few others have mentioned; I think any way for them to make another game at all whether it be DMC5 or DmC2, it is completely necessary for them to make money from DmC sales or else nothing else will happen in the future. Those who want to boycott DmC just because they don't like the idea of dark haired Dante(even though every skin you get is basically white haired lol) or a different universe and still in fact wouldn't mind the game in general are those who are hurting all possibilities of any new game in either series.

I chose DmC2 though. I have been a Fan since DMC1 but after this new game I want the new series to continue since they could learn from it and always make it better and geared towards all fans and if not it would still be interesting.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You sure do have alot to say dont you, i go into a thread that supports your'e always there with something negative to say, but as you can see DmC2 is winning.

It's only negative if you perceive it that way. Seriously, people need to be open to both sides of the argument here.

Mystiq Doom

Now...I'm the biggest defender of this game possibly ever, but anyone who'd take a Ninja Theory DMC over Kamiya is craaazy. There's literally no way around that. One studio consistently makes the best action games in the industry the other makes makes a forgettable PS3 launch title and an unfun retelling of Son Goku's Journey to the West.

With Capcom's help, NT is capable of making good DMC games, but Platinum doesn't NEED Capcom's help and would make a DMC to surpass anything Capcom's ever done.

Legendary-Spartan

Here is what they should do a Game about the legendary SPARDA how he became who he is and how powerfull he is how he was fighting alongside mundus and the demon ,betray the demon world and meet eva , seal the demon world from the human world , have children , Dante and Vergil as babies at the end of the game

that wold be cool lol

my english suuuuuck

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I don't understand why some people think the Devil May Cry series is doomed if DmC or DmC2 doesn't sell well. It's not like Capcom will go bankrupt if this doesn't work. Nor will they suddenly believe there is no demand for those games anymore. They even said they'd consider continuing the old series. I say, if people want to voice their negative opinions about DmC or DmC2, let them. If there is more demand for the original style Devil May Cry, they should switch back. If there's more demand for DmC, this series is dead to me and to many other people, I'm sure. I don't care for DmC at all. It's not ''better than DMC3'' and possibly not even on the same level as DMC1 when that game was released. Some things have been improved, and a lot of others have been made worse, and I don't call that progress.

Nobody asked for a reboot, and it wasn't even necessary, as the plotholes could be filled, so to speak.
I mean, if Capcom decided to reboot DMC because of issues with Nero not making sense (among other things), that would be the first time Capcom gave a fap. I highly doubt continuity problems were the reason for rebooting DMC. We got four games, all following a seemingly different canon, and now Capcom suddenly goes ''well, this doesn't make sense''? I do know they wanted DMC to appeal to ''a more western audience'', but why? DMC4 sold well, and last I checked, DmC isn't doing any better. So... bad marketing? Anyway, you just don't reboot a franchise of no less than four games. You either stick with it or don't. No chickening out, and you should've had a plan for the series when you started it. You know how it goes: don't start something you can't finish. Capcom: ''Consumers? What consumers?''
I won't stay 'loyal to the series' if it has morphed into something else. It's not even DMC anymore: it's called DmC: Devil May Cry; a different product altogether. That's fine for people who like it, but I think it's harsh and inconsiderate for Capcom to just give up. You gave us a story that's become part of our lives. Now finish it.

I understand this may come across as rude and arrogant, but I won't keep my feelings in the dark and go 'it is what it is'. It is what we make of it. Anybody who tells you otherwise might not think much of their own opinion and the power they hold. Capcom hasn't really developed anything lately that's piqued my interest, so I'd encourage them to revolutionize their company. If they won't do that, too bad for them and for the people who feel they should 'stay loyal to the developer'. Loyalty is earned, not given.

HatredIsJoy

Dude, it's Capcom. They are infamous for their bad decisions. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that they will see DmC fail and go "WELP PEOPLE HATE DEVIL MAY CRY TIME TO KILL THE FRANCHISE". And then Dante and Donte will spend the rest of eternity with poor old Megaman.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dude, it's Capcom. They are infamous for their bad decisions. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that they will see DmC fail and go "WELP PEOPLE HATE DEVIL MAY CRY TIME TO KILL THE FRANCHISE". And then Dante and Donte will spend the rest of eternity with poor old Megaman.

You know, what I think opf you in general could get me a temp ban probably...but F*** if I don't at least agree with you on THAT. Capcom, ever since ALL their legendary devs like Inafune, Kamiya(who is still a pretentious dick), and a slew of others jumped ship, is turning more and more into a hole. That in addition to all the lawsuits they are now facing from employees for mistreatment and such...it's not looking good. Part of the reason we got a reboot was logistics; Team DMC, almost all of them, LEFT Capcom and went to various other dev companies. What's left was so fed up with working on DMC that they, along with Itsuno, said "no, we have our own project already, get someone else."

scionicspectre

I wonder what the poll would look like if it consisted of more players than those who would join an online forum to talk about DMC. For example, I'm a pretty hardcore fan of the originals, but I didn't even feel excited enough to join a DMC forum until DmC info started coming. Also, all of my three room mates love DmC and want a sequel, but they certainly don't talk about it online. None of them felt comfortable playing the originals, however, and they find it confusing that anyone's talking about making a DMC 5.

Top Bottom