• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom asks you to choose wich game gets a sequel

wich game gets a sequel

• DMC5

Votes: 63 44.4%
  • DmC2

Votes: 81 57.0%
  • Another reboot about how Mundus lbecame a succesful businessman

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Unreal sucks D;

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
DmC hands down no question

the only way DMC could get a sequel would be if it was a reboot of said universe. as theyve written themselves into a corner with sub plots and stories being un-addressed.
so yh, DmC lets get some plot development!! WOOO!

scionicspectre

I think proponents of a DMC 5 sequel tend to fool themselves into thinking either sequel is just as likely as the other. Let's analyze some of the perspectives, here.

One clear reason not to continue the original DMC is that the story has become vague and inconsistent. It would be impractical and boring to try to wrap everything up or shoehorn a story in there that feels 'big' enough. All of the major, most powerful villains are dead. DmC, on the other hand, is begging for a sequel and leaves a lot of creative options to explore in every area- characters, plot, weapons, theme, etc.

Another common argument is that DMC 4 made more sales than DmC has in one month, so DMC 5 would presumably make more money. This ignores several facts- one month isn't long enough to compare the sales, videogame sales have declined since 2008, and DMC 5 is not DMC 4. Whatever the reasons for DMC 4's success, there is no guarantee a DMC 5 could reproduce these results. Additionally, splitting up fans from 5 years ago (presumably 7 or 8 by the time a sequel could be released) and the new, critically-acclaimed fans is likely to bring sales down regardless.

And of course, some people think DMC is 'cooler' than DmC. This is largely a matter of taste, but you can't deny that DmC is a very presentable game by any possible objective measurement, as many reviews have described in detail. And remember, the original team members behind the previous DMCs are not involved anymore, so any DMC 5 would be something of a remake, anyway.

All things considered, it seems silly to even consider a DMC 5.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I'll note this issue; DMC4 rode on teh success and hype of DMC3 having been so good. DmC is stigmaed by teh general gaming community not only by a polarized and split fandom, but also the lackluster performance of DMC4 in teh aftermath of sales...DMC5 would be fighting BOTH of those.

White Crow

Well, as mercenary as Capcom is I do think they will either go back to the Original Series (obviously because of DmC bad sales) or put Devil May Cry to rest just like Megaman, wich I don't think they'll do. Not that I don't like the reboot, but I'm reliefed with the bad sales, but I much prefer the Original Series. Also I don't think that DMC2 messed up the story, I think that they should do at least more two games, DMC5 wich would show Dante in hell where he will finally meet Vergil again in an atempt to save him, and the one outside Devil May Cry shop at the end of DMC2 would be revealed as Trish coming back from some job, she and Lucia would try to find Dante and Lady would make an apearance as well. In hell Dante and Vergil would team up to try to escape, but Mundus would come back in hell as well, and the story goes on with optonal co-op on both sides finally closing the with a Vergil-Dante friendly happy ending(wich would be kinda lame) or a Dante-Vergil final fight after beating Mundus because of some sort of disagreement and one would die (wich would be sad). The other game should be a Nero spin-off showing how he carried on after DMC4 to please Nero's fans, and a Sparda game must never be made he is better be let as a legend, I mean is anyone happier now that everyone knows Darth Vader's past? Then finally they should carry on and try out DmC2(assuming the other 2 games sold well). Well that's my opinion, sorry by the way, my english kinda sucks!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This is what I think..........I think Ninja Theory sucks.....well fine not suck but this average small developer has no right making DMC games based on what I seen with DmC and their past titles.

Here is why:

• Refusing to adapt and learn how to use a far superior game engine...despite taking DMC game design lessons from Capcom they couldn't bother to learn how to use the better game engine nope gotta use Outdated Engine 3 (its OUTDATED since Unreal 4 came out) even if using an advanced engine can help them in the long run.
  • Pretentious game design choices (no taunting for the sake of narrative....bullsh*t)
  • Reusing gameplay elements from their old games (shut up DmC lovers who cares if DMC4 uses a more updated version of DMC3's combat if DmC uses a more updated version of HS combat...its not trying something new its implementing an old system into a different game this is Devil May Cry not Heavenly Sword 2......with guns)
  • Glitchy gameplay (all of NT's games, maybe not the first one, have all been glitchy maybe not HS so much but Enslaved was glitch city and DmC is just as if not more glitchy with bosses literally freezing, enemies getting stucked, and more).
  • Terrible/sh*tty boss fights (maybe not Vergil or Bob) but god they made boss fights with the wrong idea and lack of bosses too.....they were boring, Mundus and Poison literally had reused attacks, Hunter can ACTUALLY GET ONE SHOTTED (demon dodge and pull off a Fully Charged OverDrive and then nail him with the axe....you won a DMC boss fight in under 10 seconds)
  • Terrible design choices (lets have color coded enemies that can only be harmed by said color I know I'm a genius right also you know that creative idea of having angel, demon, and normal (gun + rebellion) weapon categories and forms so we can instantaneously switch through like almost a dozen weapons so crazily on the fly...yeah lets sh*t on that by using a cliche...HEAVY AND LIGHT COMBAT SYSTEM.....I know right its BRILLIANT)
  • If it wasn't for Itsuno and his crew helping out this game will truely suck or be average.
God I hate Ninja Theory now...before I didn't mind them but if I see their name on other series I love or at least respect....I'll send a video showing all the glitches in DmC and Enslaved and letter saying "You're Making a Big Mistake. You've Been Warned" to said unfortunate publisher who hired them.

So if Capcom decides to make a sequel to either one I give them this advice...DON'T.HIRE.NINJA.THEORY. You're much better off doing it yourself.....just next time if your going to have to 2 playable characters just like in dmc4 do it DMC2 not that sh*t in DMC4....play one half as Nero and the other as Dante but only...gasp.......BACKTRACKING.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Refusing to adapt and learn how to use a far superior game engine...despite taking DMC game design lessons from Capcom they couldn't bother to learn how to use the better game engine nope gotta use Outdated Engine 3 (its OUTDATED since Unreal 4 came out) even if using an advanced engine can help them in the long run.
I'm not that knowledgeable in game engines, and hopefully someone in these forums are, but because Ninja Theory wanted the environment to be alive. Was MT Framework even capable of that? Frostbite was built with destruction (scripted or not) in mind and now EA wants that in every game they publish. I wonder how that will work. Cry Engine 3 to me felt just like a pretty engine without anything else. Sure it could handle impressive games, I have yet to see a fighting game, hack n' slash or other games outside of shooters and RPGs running of Cry Engine 3. Crystal Tools was pretty much the same thing and Square Enix kind of had to merge it with another engine for Versus XIII whenever that comes out.

It just feels like having an engine from a Ferrari and putting it into a Hummer. The Ferrari is pure performance, but the Hummer needs pure power. So taking something based on pure performance and putting it into something based on pure power. Wouldn't that cause complications? NT wants to work with environments and forcing them to use something that works with static environments - not saying MT Framework can't, that's why I'm asking - would be counterproductive. And forcing game developers to use something based on destruction based shooting and make a RPG out of it?

Can anyone clarify how game engines work?

Dante47

This isn't a competition.
It's not a test of strength, like "my Devil May Cry could beat up your Devil May Cry!"

In the end, it will be decided at a meeting within Capcom. We sadly have little control at this point.
Now, we wait.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
There could be a sequel...capcom can just scrap DmC and do DMC 5...its not the first time...just look at Prince of Persia...there had been 3 games...then they tried to reboot it...it sucked hard and the ending was left of as a cliffhanger for a possible sequel...it was scrapped and they made a sequel to the existing prince of persia games...

Dante47

There could be a sequel...capcom can just scrap DmC and do DMC 5...its not the first time...just look at Prince of Persia...there had been 3 games...then they tried to reboot it...it sucked hard and the ending was left of as a cliffhanger for a possible sequel...it was scrapped and they made a sequel to the existing prince of persia games...
...I liked the Prince of Persia reboot...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm not that knowledgeable in game engines, and hopefully someone in these forums are, but because Ninja Theory wanted the environment to be alive. Was MT Framework even capable of that? Frostbite was built with destruction (scripted or not) in mind and now EA wants that in every game they publish. I wonder how that will work. Cry Engine 3 to me felt just like a pretty engine without anything else. Sure it could handle impressive games, I have yet to see a fighting game, hack n' slash or other games outside of shooters and RPGs running of Cry Engine 3. Crystal Tools was pretty much the same thing and Square Enix kind of had to merge it with another engine for Versus XIII whenever that comes out.

It just feels like having an engine from a Ferrari and putting it into a Hummer. The Ferrari is pure performance, but the Hummer needs pure power. So taking something based on pure performance and putting it into something based on pure power. Wouldn't that cause complications? NT wants to work with environments and forcing them to use something that works with static environments - not saying MT Framework can't, that's why I'm asking - would be counterproductive. And forcing game developers to use something based on destruction based shooting and make a RPG out of it?

Can anyone clarify how game engines work?

I'm still new to how game engines work but Marvel Vs Capcom 3 which runs with the MT Framework was able to create some pretty dynamic and lively stages/backgrounds where outside the intense fast pace action from the players some stages like Bonne Wonderland and that Kattlox (is that how you even spell it) Island had some pretty great scenery plus Resident Evil 6 had cinematic set pieces and still managed to look gorgeous....better looking than DmC.....same goes for Dragon's Dogma. This is rare I think for game engines but the MT Framework can run extremely smoothly and transition well at 30 fps or even 60 fps and there really wouldn't be a difference (well the graphics and environments would look better at 30 fps).

Plus DMC1 & DMC3 had moments of moving/lively environments especially in the last stages in DMC3 and those games ran with an outdated game engine.

DmC2

Dante and Kat rule and protect the humans that are long dead because of limbo and the human world merging. The game will deal with Dante's boredom and how he longs for something exciting to happen, so he plays a game of pretend and fights imaginary demons. Players will be introduced to a new character El Donte.

He's a figment of Dante's imagination. His explanation for his appearance is Deminos have been terrozing El Donte and his amigo's stealing their sombrero's and taking their tacos, El Donte doesn't have enough El pesos to keep buying Sombreos and Tacos so he and Dante must now put an end to their shenanigans, oh and Kat was the demons all along, if you're wondering where she is, well according to Dante's crazy mind she is.

"Eh, Dante, Amigo? Wanna do it your way?"
"Vete a la mierda!"

10/10 - IGN "It's Okay"

Oh yea... Bayonetta is here too, I think.

HatredIsJoy

You know, I think i'll actually defend Donte a little bit. He's vastly inferior to Dante, IMO, but I don't think that he's obnoxious.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
DMC4 Dante was grossly obnoxious, they were trying too hard to make him "witty and cool". If we got a repeat of that for a DMC5...yeah no.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DMC4 Dante was grossly obnoxious, they were trying too hard to make him "witty and cool". If we got a repeat of that for a DMC5...yeah no.
Agreeing with that. It's like the guy never changed from DMC3, but then got worse....:/ I was fine with Dante bign like that in 3, but still being like that and with added obnoxiousness in 4 was just too much for me.

I'd rather a goofy character than a flat bland one who's lines of dialogue just consist of giving Nero wisdom.
Can't a guy have fun? I don't mind Nero but there was so much drama and whining I thought Dante was a nice break from that.

I'd have rather that guy, than someone being 'mature' for the sake of it just because he's older now. I wonder why DMC2 Dante isn't appreciated much? Now there's something to think about.

Or...We can settle for El Donte.

Onecrazymonkey1

I'd rather a goofy character than a flat bland one who's lines of I'd have rather that guy, than someone being 'mature' for the sake of it just because he's older now. I wonder why DMC2 Dante isn't appreciated much? Now there's something to think about.

Or...We can settle for El Donte.

DMC2 Dante was boring as hell but can't we just get a happy medium somewhere? :'(

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
For me Nero was too serious and Dante was too much the opposite. I can't beleive I'm saying this, but Dante was too over the top with cheesy in 4. It seemed out of palace considering that Capcom seemed to be going for a more serious plot than the previous games.
I'm all for him having fun, but just tone it down a bit, especially when he's sharing a game with a younger character. Then again Nero was too serious for his age. Maybe serious isn't the right word?:/ What I mean is there should be a happy balance between totally over the top cheesy of DMC4 Dante and Nero's broodyness and DMC2 Dante's way too seriousness.

DMC2 Dante was boring as hell but can't we just get a happy medium somewhere? :'(

Exactly, yet what I'm seeing is, people don't like DMC4 Dante because he's just a goofy handsome man who wants to have some fun and that's what he did best. seems like people would rather have a boring 'mature because he's older' character like DMC2 Dante. No thanks.

I like DMC4 Dante because he's not what people would expect out of a 30 something year old man who's funny and good looking. <3 It's Devil May Cry for petes sake it's recognized as an over the top series.

Onecrazymonkey1

Exactly, yet what I'm seeing is, people don't like DMC4 Dante because he's just a goofy handsome man who wants to have some fun and that's what he did best. seems like people would rather have a boring 'mature because he's older' character like DMC2 Dante. No thanks.

I like DMC4 Dante because he's not what people would expect out of a 30 something year old man who's funny and good looking. <3 It's Devil May Cry for petes sake it's recognized as an over the top series.

But see, I don't want a boring serious man either...That's why I loved the first Dante so much. He had the perfect personality to me. That's just my opinion though so don't feel like I'm trying to change your mind.
^_^

Top Bottom