• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah well don't judge a book by it's cover - ever heard that saying?
The facts are that we don't know what they're planning to give us in this game, and without adequate knowledge you can't just declare it cr@p. The same thing happened with Bayonetta - DMC fans got their knickers in a twist, and a lot of them missed out on a great game because of their biased views. I'm looking forward to seeing what this game is going to be like. I mean, my curiosity, it is tickled! XD

brrwsklly101

showthread.php

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Storm Silves;273883 said:
When have we insulted you on unjust grounds? We have not flamed you. Your strong opinions are, however, baseless. Give the game some time before you chuck it out the window.

This game is being flamed harder than DMC2 was, and this game hasn't even come out yet! Give it a chance.

If they really were baseless, the flames wouldn't be quite so big or quite so numerous. There is a real reason people are upset about what they've seen. And very little of it has to do with simply how this "Dante" is dressed or even his hair. I'm hoping it isn't really him either. The brainwashed project Dante thing has merit, some of the trailer suggests experimentation after all. So there is a glimmer there.

Though why they would make the first hint of this game be something that has a great majority of the series' fans feeling let down and disappointed instead of eagerly awaiting a release date is a mystery to me.

So, I'm thinking if there's something more to this "Dante" guy, they'd be wise to release the info soon. Not a lot of people are willing to 'give the game a chance' right now, and you can't really blame them. Not a lot of people take a bite of a weird smelling piece of food before calling it rotten either.

I mean, usually you'd want to assure folks that its not rotten before putting it on their plate, regardless of the stench, right? But hey, if that's the way they want to roll... and gamble the loss of fans who aren't willing to stick around and find out, that's Capcom's fault for poor delivery - Not the fans who have been disappointed by it.

Personally, I just hope the experiment theories are correct and something gives those more support soon. If I could believe that's not really Dante, I could look forward to this game, too. But if that really is Dante... I don't want it. Dante didn't have to play into any stereotyping before and that's one of the reasons I loved this series so much. He was unique.

Meg

*dies laughing at Vergil* Very funny. :lol:

Did you get this from IGN?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chloe_Ryder;273915 said:
ROFL!! That is epic! What's it been, one day and there's already crack art of the game out there?
LOL!

Apparently!

Lol at Nero's face in both panels. XD

Meg

@brr- Sorry I meant did you base it off of IGN's joke about their reaction to....I think Zelda?

Meg

Oooh ok. Its just that it reminded of it. XD Its very funny either way. Rep+

darkslayer101

Storm Silves;273878 said:
I find it odd that several people joined this forum just to flame this game. Makes me lose faith in humanity just a little.

This thread makes me a little angry. I mean, people barely know anything about this game and they're hating it because Dante looks different? Whoop dee frigging do, he has dyed hair. Big deal.

Dante's design is like the bread and butter to the series.. and the "Dante" doesnt look remotely closer to the original...and he smokes..

sdf

He looks like a junkie!!!! FGS what the..... is this????
This time they really screw this up, i promise you it will be the worst DMC ever.
They ruined the Resident Evil Series, now they ruined DMC series.
I rather eat my playstation than buy this.
After 2+ years they come up with this, with a junkie???
No matter how you look at it, this cant even be the grand grand grand grand son of Dante.
He god aids or cancer and he slimmed like that?? and he's hair?? what the hell is this???
1000% disappointed from capcom for 1 more time.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
brrwsklly101;273912 said:

QFT. Definitely a lot of folks feeling this right now.

Was a little different for me, since my other half found the trailer first and told me I should "sit down" to watch it. The moment I saw the black haired guy twirling black & silver guns - I was all no... oh no..

And then he said his name was Dante. ._.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Do you think the reception would've been even worse if this wasn't Dante, but an entire new story with an entire new hero?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sB*tch;273944 said:
Do you think the reception would've been even worse if this wasn't Dante, but an entire new story with an entire new hero?

If it wasn't Dante and if it is a new hero, I can only say that action game fans and DMC fans may be pleased with this game. But unfortunately, this is not happening.

I am still gonna play this game when it comes out. I don't care what other people said, and I am gonna play it.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
brrwsklly101;274019 said:
Here's the picture of the director for DMc spot the difference.
yep4.jpg

This. This is EXACTLY why this DMC sucks A$$ so bad. Because the new director inserted himself into the game, and Dante now looks and acts like him. HE IS NOT DANTE. HE IS WHOEVER THE HELL THIS GUY IS!

This will NO doubt fail like the Dragonball movie and The Last Airbender. Has he been getting tips by M. Night Shyamalan, by chance??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom