• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Ok. What? Why does everyone say it's even DMC related? Is it because he said action title? The industry had dozens of those why are we jumping to the conclusion that it's a DMC title? Am I missing something?
The picture he posted is sort of a meme in NeoGAF DMC threads.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Probably not DMC5, mate. I see no reason to even be sure he's not talking about a film instead of a game. But maybe the word **title** is used more for games.

Could be MGR 2, yeah... or any new action game that fans were waiting for. I doubt he woudl refer to people who like action games as **fans** though. It's interesting... 'scuse me while I go silently sh*t myself now.

Viper

Premium
You really think there'd be an MGR2 with all the garbage between KojiPro and Konami...?
Depends on who holds the rights, MGR is made by Platinum Games, so Kojima and his team are not really needed if Konami can and wants to continue with it. And it would be a good bait to get attention away from all the bad stuff.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I don't know the full extent of what's going on between Kojima and Konami, but like Viper said, MGR was made by Platinum Games, with very little (if any) input from Kojima, IIRC. That and I don't know what the trouble between Kojima and Konami is about exactly... if there's any social trouble at all.

I don't know, what other action games are there? God of War? Assassin's Creed? He wasn't talking about Star Wars: Battlefront, by any chance?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
We don't really need to throw around "Why would it be this or that". The point is, it could be anything. Right now, we don't know. So who cares if somebody thinks it might be X, Y or Z.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Depends on who holds the rights, MGR is made by Platinum Games, so Kojima and his team are not really needed if Konami can and wants to continue with it. And it would be a good bait to get attention away from all the bad stuff.
It was still Kojima's baby originally. Sure a large majority of the development was handled by P*, but Kojima Productions was still a part of that for a reason. The Metal Gear franchise as is is pretty much over with the release of Phantom Pain. Konami wants to make a "new Metal Gear series". Whatever that means. I don't think that means paying any mind to a spinoff, at least at the moment. I'm betting MGR 2 is at least put on hold.

As for the topic at hand, my money is on Scalebound if not a new IP. There's nothing that even hints Devil May Cry. You really have no reason to assume it is.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
If you're referring to my question, it was not meant as some kind of cynical ''why would it be this or that''. It was a sincere question. I can't come up with any action games that the guy on Twitter might be referring to that might have a lot of fans. I guess speculation is pointless, but hey, people love to do it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If you're referring to my question, it was not meant as some kind of cynical ''why would it be this or that''. It was a sincere question. I can't come up with any action games that the guy on Twitter might be referring to that might have a lot of fans. I guess speculation is pointless, but hey, people love to do it.

No no my good man, I wasn't referring to your question. I was merely saying we should just allow everybody to think or wish what they might want it to be about. That was all man.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The picture he posted is sort of a meme in NeoGAF DMC threads.
Ok, that's not solid but I guess it's something. When is this article up?

You know, it would make some sense to do that now. If you announced DMC5 now you know what people are going to be buying from the hype? DMC games, like DMC4SE and DmCDE. It's a good marketing strategy, actually. Not saying it's definitive, just a good plan.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Nah, I still think it's something about DMC4SE or at best a spin-off game. Wouldn't get my hopes up for anything huge till TGS.
Dreams are always a pleasure though.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
it's megaman.. nah, ofc it's DMC, name any other action games matches the word fans and nuts this past years, or any other action games that will make it's fans go nuts with its announcement..

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I know I'm really grasping at thin air here, but...
...Onimusha 5?
1c1.jpg

*Laughs...then sobs...*
528075c81605fb66560000a4.gif

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I would wish if an new DMC game, ever if this is main one or spin-off would be announced, well I would be okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom