• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can DMC and DmC coexist? Defending both sides.

Terrutas

Come on man, don't just leave it as one sentence! ARTICULATE! Sometimes i get the feeling I'm the only one committed to Sparkle Motion...
It's 4 AM and I can't sleep because my stomach hurts like hell. :(
I promise that when it's daylight and i'll post about stuff like this I'll articulate and you'll be able to agree/disagree/enjoy/whatever it

Onecrazymonkey1

Cursing isn't meaningless. It can add punctuation to dialogue (matter of opinion of course)^_^
He says f--k you once to the succubus, and she started it with the 'who the f--k are you?'. I'm guessing she swore just to emphasise her disgusting nature or something like that.
Dante on the other hand only seems to swear when he's in a corner or stressed. Besides, I've heard children on the train say so much worse than him this morning. >_<

lool_zps46b7981f.png

on a lighter note I always thought this video was hilarious.

Warning: explicit use of the word ****.

AlchemistFromEden

and now this thread is gonna turn into macabre the pseudo intellectual who is somehow capable of defending never dead, "critiquing" (in his mind he thinks he knows how to write despite probably never taking a college level creative writing or art of cinema and narrative class) every aspect of this game saying everything about it is objectively bad because he is able to use big words obtained from google -_- i know i'm no white knight or saint (and trust me i don't try to be) but honestly its annoying and derails the thread

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
on a lighter note I always thought this video was hilarious.

Warning: explicit use of the word ****.

:lol: I remember finding that when I was a teen. See, the word is useful. And anyone who thinks swearing is indicative of a lesser mind, well f--k them:lol: Everyone needs a good swear once in a while to let off steam; like if you get hit in the nuts or something totally painful >_<

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
don't fault this dante for doing something that the old dante did -_- unless you're calling the other one childish and unappealing -_-

It's based on personal taste, but the nature of New Dante's repartee is more spiteful than charming. Part of the Classic series's charm was the kitsch, and by trying to reboot the franchise to be more realistically grounded with a more relatable protagonist, New Dante's pithy one-liners feel out of place and uncomfortable, in addition to being lazy and bad natured.

It's like how when people insult people they don't know by saying that they're probably fat and smell bad, you know? It's uncreative and paints them as being really shallow.

And when the character behaving this way is meant to be the audience surrogate we're supposed to identify with...well, it's an inferred insult to the player.

and now this thread is gonna turn into macabre the pseudo intellectual who is somehow capable of defending never dead, "critiquing" (in his mind he thinks he knows how to write despite probably never taking a college level creative writing or art of cinema and narrative class) every aspect of this game saying everything about it is objectively bad because he is able to use big words obtained from google -_- i know i'm no white knight or saint (and trust me i don't try to be) but honestly its annoying and derails the thread

Daw, thanks for the blog hit man. I'll cherish it forever.

I will never understand their decision to continue making sequels for the FF that everyone hated the most

Lightning is the development team's waifu. They can't understand why most people don't like her, so they're going to make sequels until everyone submits or they kill the company.

And if they don't knock it off, they will meet mai Raiful.

myweapon4.jpg

Terrutas

It's based on personal taste, but the nature of New Dante's repartee is more spiteful than charming. Part of the Classic series's charm was the kitsch, and by trying to reboot the franchise to be more realistically grounded with a more relatable protagonist, New Dante's pithy one-liners feel out of place and uncomfortable, in addition to being lazy and bad natured.

It's like how when people insult people they don't know by saying that they're probably fat and smell bad, you know? It's uncreative and paints them as being really shallow.

And when the character behaving this way is meant to be the audience surrogate we're supposed to identify with...well, it's an inferred insult to the player.

Lightning is the development team's waifu. They can't understand why most people don't like her, so they're going to make sequels until everyone submits or they kill the company.

And if they don't knock it off, they will meet mai Raiful.

myweapon4.jpg
Okay,i'm too tired. leave it to this guy to articulate my opinion since I agree with most if not all he says.

AlchemistFromEden

:lol: I remember finding that when I was a teen. See, the word is useful. And anyone who thinks swearing is indicative of a lesser mind, well f--k them:lol: Everyone needs a good swear once in a while to let off steam; like if you get hit in the nuts or something totally painful >_<
i curse somewhat frequently, yet i take AP level creative writing and writing analysis classes, anyone who has ever read on writing well knows that swearing is not at all a factor in the quality of a novel, game, or movies writing, ESPECIALLY if you are gonna pretend like you know how to critique something, which i do on a daily basis in my classes

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
i curse somewhat frequently, yet i take AP level creative writing and writing analysis classes, anyone who has ever read on writing well knows that swearing is not at all a factor in the quality of a novel, game, or movies writing, ESPECIALLY if you are gonna pretend like you know how to critique something, which i do on a daily basis in my classes

You do love flaunting your work in college, don't you chief? Tell you what, try writing a review of DmC that fully describes exactly why you think it's a great game without mentioning the fan outcry meta-drama surrounding it, and try not to use all caps.

I'd legitimately like to see it, if you have time of course.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's based on personal taste, but the nature of New Dante's repartee is more spiteful than charming. Part of the Classic series's charm was the kitsch, and by trying to reboot the franchise to be more realistically grounded with a more relatable protagonist, New Dante's pithy one-liners feel out of place and uncomfortable, in addition to being lazy and bad natured.I liked the kitsch until it got to 4, by then some of it was too much for me. I'll take bad natured over the 'hell gate sex' description any day. >_< Awkward....

It's like how when people insult people they don't know by saying that they're probably fat and smell bad, you know? It's uncreative and paints them as being really shallow.That's the idea. The guy has no verbal control switch at the start. He got dumped in an unstable envieronment where that kind of language was the norm. It's rubbed off on him. Okay, this is speculation, but it would make sense. It has been proven in the story that he has been to prison, plus demon child care homes and youth detention. Thos places are full of cussing.

And when the character behaving this way is meant to be the audience surrogate we're supposed to identify with...well, it's an inferred insult to the player.I'm a female, and even though Dante's male, and some would say females would be unable to relate to him- I do. Okay, this is personal opinion, but you get the idea. ^_^ Not every player is insulted, some are amused by him, some indifferent. There's a whole spectrum of reactions players can have to this new Dante.

Lightning is the development team's waifu. They can't understand why most people don't like her, so they're going to make sequels until everyone submits or they kill the company. Waifu:lol:

And if they don't knock it off, they will meet mai Raiful.Careful, that could be taken as a statement of intent:shifty::lol:

myweapon4.jpg

AlchemistFromEden

You do love flaunting your work in college, don't you chief? Tell you what, try writing a review of DmC that fully describes exactly why you think it's a great game without mentioning the fan outcry meta-drama surrounding it, and try not to use all caps.

I'd legitimately like to see it, if you have time of course.
to quote On Writing Well,
"you see i would change the way that i write just because some people don't like it and i would apply some pre-requisites, but i just don't give a damn"

Terrutas

no i called that this thread would turn into him ONCE AGAIN trying to "critique" this game, something he has done on every single thread that is positive
But..............................................................................................................................................

He's right. just because you disagree with him doesn't make him wrong.
Not saying you're wrong either,arguing over opinions is stupid anyway,

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But..............................................................................................................................................

He's right. just because you disagree with him doesn't make him wrong.
Not saying you're wrong either,arguing over opinions is stupid anyway,
I'd hate to see what would happen if this wasn't on a forum, but on a street where we all lived next to each other. Let's welcome chaos! :lol: The street would be nuked in seconds with an epic flaming war.

Terrutas

I'd hate to see what would happen if this wasn't on a forum, but on a street where we all lived next to each other. Let's welcome chaos! :lol: The street would be nuked in seconds with an epic flaming war.
That's why people don't discuss opinions on the street.

Top Bottom