• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can DMC and DmC coexist? Defending both sides.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
So I'm guessing Capcom has no where near the same amount of money as company's like Squire Enix and Konami right?

I'd say they Enix are doing at least as badly as them, seeing as they turned Final Fantasy into a bloated tumour that hemorrhages money and poops Fail.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd say they Enix are doing at least as badly as them, seeing as they turned Final Fantasy into a bloated tumour that hemorrhages money and poops Fail.
SERAAAAAH! SAVE COCOOON! That's all I can say to that:lol:
Bloody Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning returns; please let it be the final one. No more XIII based games >_<
Enix are just churning them out as a safe sales bet. I think they still sell, right?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
SERAAAAAH! SAVE COCOOON! That's all I can say to that:lol:
Bloody Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning returns; please let it be the final one. No more XIII based games >_<
Enix are just churning them out as a safe sales bet. I think they still sell, right?
they also said that ffversus13 is not called that. :l just now it's going to be FF15..released next year on PS4.
Whoever is in charge of Enix needs to get off whatever drugs they are on.

GF9000000Returns

I actually wouldn't mind a DMC5, but I wouldn't be excited for it as I would for a DmC2.

Call me a traitor all you want guys, but DMC4 jumped the shark for me and DmC left with a interesting cliffhanger.

Terrutas

I actually wouldn't mind a DMC5, but I wouldn't be excited for it as I would for a DmC2.

Call me a traitor all you want guys, but DMC4 jumped the shark for me and DmC left with a interesting cliffhanger.
Unless you pre-ordered the game,capcom's going to make you buy that cliffhanger.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

People said 2 jumped the shark as well.

Why is it so hard for people to consider that DMC4 was a tragic misstep just like 2 was, and that a sequel to the Classic series could go back to the tone and world-building that we saw in 3? It's not like every creative avenue in the Classic universe had been fully explored; half the world and backstory were still undefined and prime for exploration.

If you didn't like the tonal shift in 4, who is to say it wouldn't have changed again for 5? it's not like this series is particularly consistant.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
And maybe actually making funny one liners without meaningless curse words?
Cursing isn't meaningless. It can add punctuation to dialogue (matter of opinion of course)^_^
He says f--k you once to the succubus, and she started it with the 'who the f--k are you?'. I'm guessing she swore just to emphasise her disgusting nature or something like that.
Dante on the other hand only seems to swear when he's in a corner or stressed. Besides, I've heard children on the train say so much worse than him this morning. >_<

Mundus swears too, the whole 'don't f--k with a god' line, but again, he only starts swearing after he's been provoked to the extreme with the killing of his heir.

Someone should make a DmC video where just regular words are beeped out so it sounds like they're saying dirty things:lol:

Like this! Please feel free to insert your favourite swear words into the blanks (well, the squiggly bits) :lol:

lool_zps46b7981f.png

AlchemistFromEden

-what is that an egg timer, oh wow, it really was an egg timer
-just seemed to drag on forever, church
-i'm taking you off the air
-you flocking bastards
-she was right, this is hell
-you're too clingy
-your turn barbie
-segue into this
-this is hard hitting news bob
-what are you nuts?!
-that? that was just a big fat joke
-you're all mixed up
-hey succubus, suck on this
-can you point me to the mixing room?
the amount of curse words he says is more or less the same amount as dmc3 would say just with slightly more vulgarity, oh wait, no its not because he's used the F word before -_-

AlchemistFromEden

Cursing isn't meaningless. It can add punctuation to dialogue (matter of opinion of course)^_^
He says f--k you once to the succubus, and she started it with the 'who the f--k are you?'. I'm guessing she swore just to emphasise her disgusting nature or something like that.
Dante on the other hand only seems to swear when he's in a corner or stressed. Besides, I've heard children on the train say so much worse than him this morning. >_<

Mundus swears too, the whole 'don't f--k with a god' line, but again, he only starts swearing after he's been provoked to the extreme with the killing of his heir.

Someone should make a DmC video where just regular words are beeped out so it sounds like they're saying dirty things:lol:

Like this! Please feel free to insert your favourite swear words into the blanks (well, the squiggly bits) :lol:

lool_zps46b7981f.png
the succubus actually said **** you to dante because he insulted her, a female's, age, we all know what happens when hot headed young men insulted a women's age bro

Terrutas

-what is that an egg timer, oh wow, it really was an egg timer
-just seemed to drag on forever, church
-i'm taking you off the air
-you flocking bastards
-she was right, this is hell
-you're too clingy
-your turn barbie
-segue into this
-this is hard hitting news bob
-what are you nuts?!
-that? that was just a big fat joke
-you're all mixed up
-hey succubus, suck on this
-can you point me to the mixing room?
the amount of curse words he says is more or less the same amount as dmc3 would say just with slightly more vulgarity, oh wait, no its not because he's used the F word before -_-
Remind me where I said he didn't make ANY. "-_-"

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

You really need to work on your critique chief. There's plenty of problems to in this game to articulate without having to point to the language. I mean, if you look at the Succubus introduction as a whole (Though it is mostly awful, like all of the script), the bit where Dante jokes that she "Doesn't look a year over 12,000" could have come straight from Classic Dante.

Still, Etnad believes that flipping off Barbas is apex level wit. Seriously, screw this irritating scrote.

the succubus actually said **** you to dante because he insulted her, a female's, age, we all know what happens when hot headed young men insulted a women's age bro

Yep: Misogynistic stereotyping ensues. You should write for NT.

Terrutas

You really need to work on your critique chief. There's plenty of problems to in this game to articulate without having to point to the language. I mean, if you look at the Succubus introduction as a whole (Though it is mostly awful, like all of the script), the bit where Dante jokes that she "Doesn't look a year over 12,000" could have come straight from Classic Dante.

Still, Etnad believes that flipping off Barbas is apex level wit. Seriously, screw this irritating scrote.
I agree. still though I find the curse words very unappealing and childish. mainly because they're poorly executed. just like the whole game.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I agree. still though I find the curse words very unappealing and childish. mainly because they're poorly executed. just like the whole game.

Come on man, don't just leave it as one sentence! ARTICULATE! Sometimes i get the feeling I'm the only one committed to Sparkle Motion...

Top Bottom