• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Calling all fans who didn't like DmC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Kind of, everyday I see all these people walking around with their hoodies, looking like crack heads, all their shoes untied, shirts out, pants low, dirty tank tops, smoking and so on, also talking and acting like they're cool, I hate that kind of style.
Still I mean no offense to anyone that does like that style, I'm not calling them asses, just the style, I hate it.

When does Dante dress like a wigga? Dante's style in DmC is contrived more from punk more than anything else. Learn your subcultures.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Kind of, everyday I see all these people walking around with their hoodies, looking like crack heads, all their shoes untied, shirts out, pants low, dirty tank tops, smoking and so on, also talking and acting like they're cool, I hate that kind of style.
Still I mean no offense to anyone that does like that style, I'm not calling them asses, just the style, I hate it.

thats swagfag dude (no offence to anyone on here who accepts swagg culture). but donte is more like a 90's grunge kid who is really appreciative of 70's punk. i don't see a lick of "swagg" in him. i live in swag central station so i kinda know.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Whatever, I don't care for it so I don't know much about it and I don't even want to.
I don't like punk much either, I hate the way that kid looks in the new Infamous.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
dmc4 Dante was in my opinion a good representation of Dante. The thing that made him look bad was the clothes.

dmc4 Dante was in my opinion a good representation of Dante.

a good representation of Dante.
tumblr_inline_mpy5kaBkYE1qz4rgp.gif

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Whatever, I don't care for it so I don't know much about it and I don't even want to.
I don't like punk much either, I hate the way that kid looks in the new Infamous.

I don't know if he's wearing punk style clothing, but going by Wikipedia, there are many, many styles of punk clothing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_fashion
To be honest, NT's Dante and Delsin Rowe sort of fit some of these styles... and I loathe it. Fugly beanies and denim jackets aren't exactly the definition of cool, and it seems to me that it doesn't fit a character as vibrant as Delsin. He can do stuff with fire, possibly awesome things, but he does them wearing... that? Noooow.
I saw an article that said it's grunge, but it doesn't look much like that to me, unless grunge has evolved from Cobain to Rowe, that is.

Anyway, why I dislike DmC should be clear:

- A cliché Illuminati-style plot, only with demons. They might as well have replaced the demons with humans, really. Mundus is sort of a hackneyed villain now, and a banker of course, since bankers must be evil, right?! There's no way anyone could make more money than you, right?! (insert the usual ten question marks here) The plot is predictable, and the guys at NT don't know how to convey that plot: they've got Vergil and Mundus explaining exactly what the plot is. Mundus says he controls the world through debt, Vergil explains the story of Sparda and Eva as if he were reading right from a script draft instead of telling Dante about it like a normal person... it's just a terrible script, I'm sorry. It's also lazy of them to explain the plot in the dialog itself rather than in a well-made cutscene or through what happens in the game.

- An annoying incarnation of Dante, who thinks saying 'F you' is fun, and stays fun after like three times. He also looks too ordinary to me; you could see guys like him on the street (and usually they're asses). I understand the game's plot, but trailer trash just isn't cool to me, and far too obvious to base a plot around.

- Vergil looks like a juvenile Ken doll who doesn't know which style of clothing to wear. Striped, ironed pants like he's some sort of businessman, a fairly long coat with a retarded collar, light blue gloves? Seriously? Oh, and a katana to make it all perfectly weird and the ultimate statement of 'trying and failing to be cool'. Not to mention the mispronunciation of the word 'Yamato'.

- Gameplay doesn't work as well as it should. Too many actions for the buttons on the controller. Keeping the triggers pressed while doing all kinds of other stuff doesn't work that well. Combos don't seem as fluid or as fast as those of DMC3 or DMC4.

And more, of course.

I'm still afraid these things might be used in that fanfic to try to form a rebuttal of the arguments for disliking DmC (of the people who dislike DmC). However, that's impossible, so if that's your goal, I advise you to stop. In the end, we have to realize that many of these arguments are subjective. Nobody's saying DmC is worth less than the old DMCs because of objective points. It may be that DmC is worth as much as DMC3 to you, and that's fine. It's just that everyone has different opinions.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
To be honest, I always like DMC because it had a very japanese feel to it. It was a japanese take on american ideals, which turns out 8 out of 10 times to be pretty damn good, like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. This new game took the american concept and was made by a british company, which gave it a whole new feel. I particularly didnt like the feel, like I was playing a whole new game. (which i was, its a reboot.) To me, it doesnt feel like DMC. It feels like something straight out of a christian book series with lots of swearing and violence. I just want that old nostalgic feel, that familiar "This is Devil May Cry" feel.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm thinking about getting my hair cut like Dante. I've rocked similar hairstyles in the past but, I never got the sides cut so short. Wondering if I can look good with it. My friend says I can probably pull it off. Except I'm not as built as Dante.

I don't lift bro.

*looks at rather scrawny body*

Oh well. :/

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I'm thinking about getting my hair cut like Dante. I've rocked similar hairstyles in the past but, I never got the sides cut so short. Wondering if I can look good with it. My friend says I can probably pull it off.

i go with the same style. i recently had my friend twist it. now its locked and silver

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Let's say you're a fan of apples, and you encounter a fan of oranges. Wow what an edgy teen, he likes such grimdark fruit "**** you lol not in a million fruit sales". He's equally impressed with your life choices: "you just can't deal with change, it's not like apples didn't have problems, you just don't like the new peel!"

Imagine being asked to choose between two completely different things, neither of which are mutually exclusive, but no matter what choice you make one fanbase is going to dump all over you for it.

Now imagine being a fan of apples, and someone asks you to explain your reasoning to them because they just can't put themselves in the mindset of someone who likes a different food than they do. "Surely there must be some sweeping difference that you see in all of us orange fans, what is it that drives your hate?"

What drives my hate has very little to do with the actual fruit.

Edit - language, I also accidentally a word

Dark Drakan

Admin
Let's say your a fan of apples, and you encounter a fan of oranges. Wow what an edgy faggot, he likes such grimdark fruit "**** you lol not in a million fruit sales". He's equally impressed with your life choices: "you just can't deal with change, it's not like apples didn't have problems, you just don't like the new peel!"

Imagine being asked to choose between two completely things, neither of which are mutually exclusive, but no matter what choice you make one fanbase is going to **** all over you for it.

Now imagine being a fan of apples, and someone asks you to explain your reasoning to them because they just can't put themselves in the mindset of someone who likes a different food than they do. "Surely there must be some sweeping difference that you see in all of us orange fans, what is it that drives your hate?"

What drives my hate has very little to do with the actual fruit.

Remove the unneeded language and a good point would stand. I have made similar references about preferences and tastes before and people will always prefer something over something else. You shouldnt need to justify your preference to someone who simply isnt a fan as no matter what either side say you wont change anyone's mind. Hate shouldnt really come into it either, dislike yes but no-one should ever feel so strongly for such an opinion that they hate something (when it comes to preferences anyway). What is even more mindblowing for some is that people can like both 'Apples' & 'Oranges' (to keep the metaphor going). Such a waste of everyones time trying to force your opinion on someone else because their taste is different. Like sitting here for hours on end telling someone who dislikes chocolate cake how good this new Choc cake is, no matter how good you say it is they will still not like it.

Vinosh

DmC characters : boring,lame,
DmC story : noob fanfiction writing
DmC graphics :helped Devianart artists
DmC soundtrack : WUB WUB WUB **** you WUB WUB WUB
DmC gameplay: easy,boring
DmC 5/10 This is a masterpiece.:troll:

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
DmC characters : boring,lame,
DmC story : noob fanfiction writing
DmC graphics :helped Devianart artists