• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bloody Palace

GF9000000Returns

Yeah discuss how you want it to be. Since there are about six bosses and two sub-bosses, could it actually be shorter?

Enjoy discussing!

scionicspectre

Well, I'd enjoy it if it got progressively more difficult as you went. Not just with enemy mix-ups and devil-triggered demons like before, but actually going up the difficulty levels of the official game. Something like starting on Nephilim, a third the way through you get to Son of Sparda, the last third is Dante Must Die, and the last few stages all of the enemies are shining like mad from the beginning.

One idea I think could make it much more interesting is if you added a couple difficult enemies into the existing boss battles just to make it that much more frantic.

Dante47

Bloody Palace was one of the few reasons why I still play the old Devil May Cry games.
It would be a much appreciated addition to DmC.
Really, I don't see how they could improve upon it. With the fewer bosses, I'm sure it will be shorter.
A difficulty spike could extend it though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Bloody Palace is fine the way it's been in the other games, but I don't want a timer, or at least I'd like a version without it. I don't like feeling rushed, and DMC4's timed Bloody Palace made me sad faces :C

F4ke

I'd like if tit turns out to be in the retail version of DmC, and not dlc. I'd like a version without timer too, I know I'm not a pro player of dmc, but like TwoXAccross I don't like feeling rushed. But it's the game mode with the best replay value. It would be a shame if it's not on disc.

GF9000000Returns

Bloody Palace was one of the few reasons why I still play the old Devil May Cry games.
It would be a much appreciated addition to DmC.
Really, I don't see how they could improve upon it. With the fewer bosses, I'm sure it will be shorter.
A difficulty spike could extend it though.

Agreed with this. DMC4 longetivity lasted for me almost a year while DMC3:SP lasted for almost forever with that mode, but really I could go without it since Capcom said the modes will be challenging. (hence the fact that the regular DMC3 didn't have one)

Bloody Palace is fine the way it's been in the other games, but I don't want a timer, or at least I'd like a version without it. I don't like feeling rushed, and DMC4's timed Bloody Palace made me sad faces :C

UGH! I hated that too. I remember I was close to Berial last time.

Joey T

The Shield
Well in DMC4, you had the knights, 6 bosses (if I'm not mistaken) and then the ass kicking you got from Dante at the end. I'm sure they could run something similar in DmC, maybe the first main battle is against the dudes with chainsaws or the demons that are angel/demon specific. Then move on to the Hunter Demon, then the rest as follows.

Just a thought :)

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well in DMC4, you had the knights, 6 bosses (if I'm not mistaken) and then the ass kicking you got from Dante at the end. I'm sure they could run something similar in DmC, maybe the first main battle is against the dudes with chainsaws or the demons that are angel/demon specific. Then move on to the Hunter Demon, then the rest as follows.

Just a thought :)
Wait counting fighting them more than once? I'm not taking about like fighting Berial as Nero and then as Dante..

DarkSlayer54

Something like starting on Nephilim, a third the way through you get to Son of Sparda, the last third is Dante Must Die, and the last few stages all of the enemies are shining like mad from the beginning.

One idea I think could make it much more interesting is if you added a couple difficult enemies into the existing boss battles just to make it that much more frantic.
I would really hate that, and for me it would kill the experience. I actually hated having boss battles in there to begin with... They should expand on it and allow for multiple options.

Gbraga

Same, but hey if the regular DMC3 didn't have this mode, I'm sure we'd survive without it in DmC too.
I'll survive, I won't cancel my preorder or anything, but it's ridiculous how they hinted it would be in (even saying as much as it would have a different name) and then NOTHING.

Alex Jones has spread misinformation about this game before, like saying that there are 2 dodge buttons because one of them is angel dodge and the other demon dodge, but that was just too much.

I wasn't hating on them after the DLC reveal because they made themselves very clear that there would be no Vergil for the game, so even as DLC I as happy that we'd get Vergil. They didn't made us believe that we would be able to play him in the regular game. Darksiders II has its own Bloody Palace and nobody asked for it, in this game everyone begged them for that and they went as far as hinting for it, and we're not getting it.

I'll gladly be an idiot and support this abusive behavior if they release it as DLC though, so I'm part of the problem.

Joey T

The Shield
Wait counting fighting them more than once? I'm not taking about like fighting Berial as Nero and then as Dante..
No lol, from Bloody Palace, you only fought Berial, Dagon, Echidna, Credo, Agnus and Dante once, no matter who you pick :p

8BitHero

Scrub
I'll survive, I won't cancel my preorder or anything, but it's ridiculous how they hinted it would be in (even saying as much as it would have a different name) and then NOTHING.

Alex Jones has spread misinformation about this game before, like saying that there are 2 dodge buttons because one of them is angel dodge and the other demon dodge, but that was just too much.

I wasn't hating on them after the DLC reveal because they made themselves very clear that there would be no Vergil for the game, so even as DLC I as happy that we'd get Vergil. They didn't made us believe that we would be able to play him in the regular game. Darksiders II has its own Bloody Palace and nobody asked for it, in this game everyone begged them for that and they went as far as hinting for it, and we're not getting it.

I'll gladly be an idiot and support this abusive behavior if they release it as DLC though, so I'm part of the problem.
It technically wasn't misinformation. We have 2 different dodges but the default settings have 2 buttons set up for dodge (Both Bumpers/R1 and L1)
But that's pointless and is essentially the same as saying:
"We have 2 attack buttons" but not saying the default control scheme has X and Y as attacks. It's true but meaningless/unnecessary in the first place.

As for Bloody Palace, better be in the game. It's like Street Fighter not having a Training Room or Resident Evil not having Mercenaries. At least we have a training room in this game though...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can't help but feel like that one secret mission in the demo is bloody palace. You know the dark one where you had to get S rank before time runs out? I think that's bloody palace.

Also, I think we should have taunts in bloody palace since bloody palace isn't oriented with story.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
No lol, from Bloody Palace, you only fought Berial, Dagon, Echidna, Credo, Agnus and Dante once, no matter who you pick :p
yeah the moment i came back i was like
images

Gbraga

It technically wasn't misinformation. We have 2 different dodges but the default settings have 2 buttons set up for dodge (Both Bumpers/R1 and L1)
But that's pointless and is essentially the same as saying:
"We have 2 attack buttons" but not saying the default control scheme has X and Y as attacks. It's true but meaningless/unnecessary in the first place.

As for Bloody Palace, better be in the game. It's like Street Fighter not having a Training Room or Resident Evil not having Mercenaries. At least we have a training room in this game though...
No, it was misinformation, he was asked specifically why they put 2 dodge buttons, and the answer is that most players do not play with the "claw" style, and only use one finger for all of the shoulder buttons, but he instead answered that LB was one dodge and RB another one, which is compeltely false.

They also can't decide on the reason they god rid of lock-on, every interview they answered something different. Itsuno gave the best answer so far, that they had to because of the stances system, it would be too tiresome to lock-on all the time when you'll also be probably holding one of the triggers most of the time.

8BitHero

Scrub
No, it was misinformation, he was asked specifically why they put 2 dodge buttons, and the answer is that most players do not play with the "claw" style, and only use one finger for all of the shoulder buttons, but he instead answered that LB was one dodge and RB another one, which is compeltely false.

They also can't decide on the reason they god rid of lock-on, every interview they answered something different. Itsuno gave the best answer so far, that they had to because of the stances system, it would be too tiresome to lock-on all the time when you'll also be probably holding one of the triggers most of the time.
Makes sense now. I see, thanks. Still though, since we only have one dodge button, then they also give us a hard lock-on.

Paexie

The same question was brought up with Tameem and he said that it's there for comfort when holding either trigger.

So yeah, Alex just mixed it up all wrong.

Top Bottom