• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bloody Palace!!!! Post Records/Share tips!

Sir Psycho No 6

Hey guys.
I finally done BP earlier today with Nero, just got to complete DMD mode now (on Mission 9 with that) The main time i had a problem was with Dante on mission 101. I discovered that if you don't want to take any risks (i thought the buster attack would work well but he would usually sneak in an attack once in a while; he took down three quarters of my health so i decided to back off) just use charge shot 3 from medium range, try and make him attack you (helm breaker or one of his combos)- avoid and shoot. The shot and explosion together takes off one tenth of his health at a time so it's pretty snazzy. Just make sure you have over 5 minutes spare because you might miss a few times.

I completed BP with 24 minutes to spare (would of been 28 but i used the charge shot attack on Dante). :cool:

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
Sir Psycho No 6;84061 said:
Hey guys.
I finally done BP earlier today with Nero, just got to complete DMD mode now (on Mission 9 with that) The main time i had a problem was with Dante on mission 101. I discovered that if you don't want to take any risks (i thought the buster attack would work well but he would usually sneak in an attack once in a while; he took down three quarters of my health so i decided to back off) just use charge shot 3 from medium range, try and make him attack you (helm breaker or one of his combos)- avoid and shoot. The shot and explosion together takes off one tenth of his health at a time so it's pretty snazzy. Just make sure you have over 5 minutes spare because you might miss a few times.

I completed BP with 24 minutes to spare (would of been 28 but i used the charge shot attack on Dante). :cool:
you completed all BP 101 stages with 24 minutes only ?o_O:wacko:

Theres no way you can finish BP with 24 minutes only!

Can you prove it ?

HikiQmori

DMC Master
Sir Psycho No 6;84061 said:
When I completed BP there was over 1 hour to spare.

Shadow Dante;84164 said:
1 hour is possible;)

24 mins is impossible:huh:
No, what Sir Psycho meant was that when he killed Dante at stage 101, he had 24 minuets of extra time, not that he finished the bloody palace in 24 minuets, thats impossible. I sometimes do speed runs with Dante with infinite Devil Trigger, spamming the Stinger, and I finished it at 1:24.

XXR

i only get to stage 20 with Dante againt berial and i never seem to defeat him TT can someone help ... whats the easyest way of defeating him?

evilweevle

i cleared bloody palace mode the other day (all 101 levels) with nero and not in his super form either! i got an S rank and got me some achievement points too i was well chuffed considering my previous best was only 39!

my best tips i can give is to max out your DT gauge and get your health as high as you can.

use the charge shot (lv3 if poss) i never used to use it but i recently changed the shoot button onto the right trigger, as you can charge it much easier while still using revved sword combos and your devil bringer, and iv found it so much easier to get huge combos etc as it does serious damage!

and anyone having probs with blitz, use your charge shot level 3 until his sparks go out, switch into DT and start with a streak, then use your buster attack whilst also charging your gun to level 3, then just as the blitz is knocked away by your buster, fire the charge shot, which will recoil him back further, then rush in with another buster move (again start to charge you gun simultainoeusly) and release charge shot 3 into him as he recoils back, you will then need to rush in and give him a few more combo hits, and you can kill him in one go! (with around an S or SS rank at the end of it!

like i said you may need to reconfigure your controls to make charging your gun easier while using other techniques.

hope this helps!:)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Bringerofchaos;86250 said:
No problems with enemys but time is an issue for me, any tips?

Well, really what the game says is true, with the Bloody Palace, style truly IS key, try and keep moving as much as possible, I use hit and run tactics, and I always play as Dante.

A mixture of Trickster, Gunslinger and Darkslayer got me to level 43 with a decent amount of time to spare, Trickster was my main defensive and evasion style, with Gunslinger being used with Pandora and Coyote-A, Darkslayer with Rebellion was my primary damage output and crowd control, Dimension Cut works fantastically for crowd control if you find yourself overwhelmed with the Rebellion's Stinger able to easily knock back enemies into the Dimension Cut range.

You pretty much want to use Pandora's Omen for things like Blitz's just to rip of their shield and do some decent damage, then just rip them apart with Darkslayer and Rebellion, keeping on the move with Trickster can pretty much save you a LOT of valuable time, while also giving you a LOT of chances to dodge incoming attacks, giving you a damn good chances at the +30 second no damage time bonus.

Despite what people say, I never found Royal Guard much use, apart from when I couldn't use Omen, combining Royal Guard with Gilgamesh hits to damage the Blitz's shield and then instantly using Block to absorb the shock.

A mixture of these tactics got me to level 43 with a decent amount of time to spare, you just have to know the precise moments to use the different styles and weapons.

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
I've already beaten all 101 stages with both characters and the fastest time was just under 2 hours. The last 20 are nerve-wracking. I'll give my tactics for the most difficult creatures, so I don't waste too much space. I'll try to include one for both characters, but I'll be leaning more towards Dante, as he is the most tactically constructed one. (I don't really remember most of their names, so screw it.)

Lizard men (With plant attached)- The single most irritating creature in the game, these things are flying around constantly. Pin them down. Use Split and Streak/Helm Breaker and Stinger and keep knocking them on their asses, shotgunning and charge shotting them when you can, so when the plant dies, you can get rid of one quickly without taking damage.

Ice Lizards- They hate Gilgamesh. It phases them better and does the most damage. As for Nero, as long you can rev up your sword during strikes, he'll be effective too, and keep using his charge shots, they're really good at knocking these things down so you can reduce the amount attacking you at once. Funny side-note, during most of their ice moves they jump straight up into the air, and if you jump off of them with enemy step, they just fall on their faces. That happens with a lot of enemies, but it's easiest with them.

Lightning Lizards (Blitz)- Nero shines with these things. Keep charging shots and blasting him until his shield wears off. Them attack him in DT if you can. When his health reaches about 35%, grab him and Nero will beat the living daylights out of him for you. Charge a shot while he's doing that and let it go when Blitz tries to go red. Then that's it for him, and SSS for you. As for Dante, scrap that plan. Just get him to go red using the shotgun against his shields and survive with trickster. Killing him isn't worth it.

White Armor (Spear chuckers)- Okay, these things have the easiest timings. When they parry you as Nero, time your dodge to Table hop behind them. Not too difficult. For Dante, a strategy I find really useful is after the parry, do a short flip straight back locked on so you dodge the shield but are in range for the spear attack. Then time a royal release so that not only do you damage them, but you also fly through surrounding enemies (since these guys like to do that) and you also end up behind them. Releasing on the shield attack will not damage them or knock them into the air, so dodging the first attack is much more effective.

Gold Armor (Swordsman)- The main reason these guys are trouble is they choreograph the moves of the white armors. Alone they are simple though, so try to ignore them and take out the whites first. Their weakness is their shields. It only takes 3 Devil Busters to break them. For Dante, switch to gunslinger and use twosome time and Honeycomb fire when they block. Gun Stinger with the Shotgun works well, but leaves you open, so if you didn't break the shield, you'll get hit. Also keep in mind Yamato can't be parried. It goes straight through that stuff and does damage, particularly to shields.

Another note for all armors: Charge shots are effective for knocking them out of the air. So if you're bothered by them poking and running, charge up and teach them the consequences of range spamming.

I'll just say one more thing and end this obnoxiously long post (sorry guys). The person best suited for fighting Dante is NOT Dante. Nero can act on Dante's tick, which is shooting your bullets out of the air. When he does that, snatch him up and pound him. And STAY AWAY FROM DANTE IN ROYALGUARD! Timing is not an issue for the computer, so don't rush him. Just snatch and grab as Nero. As Dante, dash toward him so you get a jump off of him. Since this counts as an attack, he'll counter with a release and switch styles, but you won't get hurt. The rest is up to you. Good luck.

I hope I didn't just repeat other people's words and also hope somebody finds this useful. Peace, my brethren.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hah! Finally managed to finish the Bloody Palace, it's not an amazing achievement but I'm pleased with myself...And hell am I tired...

Dammit, the other day i went and played it so i could raise my score, but when i got to Credo (lvl 80) at one point in the battle, the AI got glitched and started doing the same attack (the one he slashes towards the ground in a spinning move) and i couldn't hit him while he was doing that, even if i shot him lvl 3 Blue Rose with devil trigger, it wouldn't stop him, so i died, still the time was gonna run out anyways, but if it wasn't for that, i would've probably gotten a way better score... and i got kinda mad that 1 of my friends got 4,5XX,XXX (his gamertag is UNSCEF I ADEUX) on the BP using automatic, and letting the angelos commit suicide on lvl 99 x.x.

XXR

Top Bottom