• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BIG DMC5 RUMOR ****LORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, I agree with @Foxtrot94. You've got to realise that these are people, not just puppets for our amusement. They use the internet the same way as everybody else, which doesn't give us the excuse to misconstrue the content they post and share on social media.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Fans are are thirsty for rumors cuz it all started with this :devil:
Vx1fD2j.png

Frazz

General gamer
Dan Southworth is having a Twitter Q&A in about 30 mins. I imagine someone'll ask about DMC5 and he'll give a crushingly inevitable 'no'. I don't have Twitter but those who do should ask away about DMC stuff.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
If there is a DMC5, Capcom would have the parties involved sign a NDA anyway. Major aspects of the game would be plastered all over online asap otherwise.

This is like the Jet Set Radio situation at this point. People want a new game or HD ver of JSRF at least. It's all on Sega, but they haven't acknowledged it. Those involved with the previous JSR games tweet stuff about JSR all the time, but that doesn't mean a new one is being made.

Frazz

General gamer
So Dan said in response to the 'will DMC be at E3' question with "I dunno". And stated that he has only seen Itsuno once this year "so far". I'd say that means that there's no DMC at E3 but the possibility is there for Dan to be doing Vergil Mocap later in the year.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Come on! Seriously? How much brain power does it take to understand he posted that cause it represents how he feels about DMC too, that he wants to make another one just as much as we wanna play it? Why taking it as a clue at all costs? That is OUR fault.

This is what I find pretty sad. We see them so much as Dante, Vergil and Nero that we forget they are Reuben Langdon, Dan Southworth amd Johnny Yong Bosch, DMC fans like us and people who like to have fun in general. If some of them posts a funny meme about DMC fans immediately think of a clue to DMC5 and are ready to blame them when they get disappointed because they "teased them". It's our fault to see hints everywhere, not theirs to screw around with each other on Twitter.

Sometimes I kinda pity them, they don't seem to be fully aware of how hungry fans are for a new game, so they don't know how much they "risk" by screwing around posting anything DMC related, even if it's a retweet of a humorous meme someone else made or a stupid poll asking if people would be on board for DMC5 for the fun of it.

Some people got hyped up when Dan posted a poll about which of his characters people liked most, Vergil, the Quantum Ranger or Kenshi, thinking THAT was a way to tease DMC5. That's insane, it shows how ready we are to read too much into things we shouldn't, and we seriously gotta calm down with the "Illuminati confirmed" type of mentality that leads us to accuse these actors of teasing us for nothing when they just wanna have fun on the internet. If you wanna have someone to blame for DMC5's absence, you know you gotta point your finger at Capcom for ignoring the fans and basically being in the process of making DMC share the same fate as Mega Man.
My comment isn't a heart attack dude, chill out I'm obviously not fuming when I make a comment like that, I'm just saying.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Here we go.

"Hold out for TGS."

It's like "hold out for E3," only worse.

----

What'll people say if TGS has no DMC?

"Hold out until next year."

No. No more.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What's with all the pessimism?

It's not pessimism. It's realism. We got nothing substantial to think DMC5 will happen at E3, so logically nobody holds out any vivid hope.

So Dan said in response to the 'will DMC be at E3' question with "I dunno". And stated that he has only seen Itsuno once this year "so far". I'd say that means that there's no DMC at E3 but the possibility is there for Dan to be doing Vergil Mocap later in the year.

Makes sense. We got nothing substantial to think DMC will happen at E3 so that's the most realistic scenario if that was Dan's response and anything else would just be wishful thinking. I'd love to be proven wrong but very few chances, I guess.

Do you have a link to it or a screen?

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Here we go.

"Hold out for TGS."

----

No. No more.
That's been my attitude since the last E3. Even with the Playstation Experience rumors I had given up on this whole long wait for what never comes. When Playstation tweeted that pic of DMC1 and nothing came of it and then P* people were talking about seeing red and a something about a character and all that turned out to be Transformers, both of those were during one event and nothing came of it, and that was the last straw, I am done hoping every event is the one, which, as always, isn't. This is how Ebenezer Scrooge started out, a spirited, sometimes sad but always hopeful, young man who once loved and believed, but then the years went on and on and he waited and he waited but they just wouldn't release that sequel, though they kept teasing it and before he knew it he was an old man, unloving, alone, bitter, and with nothing but his money to keep him warm...

Veloran

It's not pessimism. It's realism.
That's just what pessimists say to make it seem like rationality rather than cynicism.

That's been my attitude since the last E3. Even with the Playstation Experience rumors I had given up on this whole long wait for what never comes. When Playstation tweeted that pic of DMC1 and nothing came of it and then P* people were talking about seeing red and a something about a character and all that turned out to be Transformers, both of those were during one event and nothing came of it, and that was the last straw, I am done hoping every event is the one, which, as always, isn't. This is how Ebenezer Scrooge started out, a spirited, sometimes sad but always hopeful, young man who once loved and believed, but then the years went on and on and he waited and he waited but they just wouldn't release that sequel, though they kept teasing it and before he knew it he was an old man, unloving, alone, bitter, and with nothing but his money to keep him warm...
I seem to remember the moral of the story being that Scrooge was a fool and that he should cheer up instead of live as a grouch.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's just what pessimists say to make it seem like rationality rather than cynicism.

Well this is what optimists say to back their optimism up and make it seem like rationality rather than wishful thinking.

I don't really have much hope for DMC to show up at E3 cause I got nothing concrete to think so. Can't get more rational than that.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I seem to remember the moral of the story being that Scrooge was a fool and that he should cheer up instead of live as a grouch.
And the moral of Jurassic Park is how nature is unpredictable and one shouldn't play with forces beyond their control but that doesn't mean that Dennis Nedry didn't get eaten for being greedy. The moral and events of the story are irrelevant here. The fact is that if Scrooge had gotten his sequel he wouldn't have been the shell of a human being that he became in his old age.

Last edited:

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
Here we go.

"Hold out for TGS."

----

No. No more.

This. If we didn't have DmC: DE and DMC4se, it would have felt pretty lame. But if Capcom isn't at least teasing or announcing something this year, the amount of ZETSUBOU is going to be quite high. Jesus, they -know- how bad people want Devil May Cry 5, it's almost as if we were craving for a piece of food after not eating for 6 months. And what do we get so far ? A pachinko game. Come on now. They better have something for this year. (Or what ? Probably nothing, but putting all my passion into this license, spending hundred of hours for vids just to see that Capcom puts this license on hiatus is painful)

Veloran

And the moral of Jurassic Park is how nature is unpredictable and one shouldn't play with forces beyond their control but that doesn't mean that Dennis Nedry didn't get eaten for being greedy.
Wait doesn't that just tie into the main theme again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom