• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BIG DMC5 RUMOR ****LORDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Taking it at face value is a great idea as we won't get disappointed when it doesn't show up soon.

Well I get that reasoning however that's not how I usually think, I decide whether something means something or not based on what makes the most sense, not because I want to avoid disappointment or something. In this case, for example, Reuben's tweet to me seems more reasonable to think it's because of what you said, he's like us and wants to make another DMC, as he also said in interviews, rather than being some hint at DMC5 being made.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
^ All things considered, I'm glad that Tim Phillips got the role instead. I couldn't see Nils playing DmC Dante.

Veloran

https://www.alcom.ch/index.php?hm=g...ummer=s454768&bfb=ross.jpg&ar=Devil-May-Cry-5

lPxIakR.jpg

p49mWbF.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah that tweet links to his FB post Gel posted. Which is a confirmation of DMC5's rumor not being true.

As for that alcom.ch link, I don't know what it is and if it is reliable, @Erian1Mortal, that site seems German, do you know anything about it?

Maxman

I remember there was this fiscal report stuff thingy other user posted while back which mentioned Devil May Cry series

this one :

tsFfo00.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Does pachinko machine fit in this " DMC series" mentioned in this report or is it a different thing altogether?

Veloran

Yeah that tweet links to his FB post Gel posted. Which is a confirmation of DMC5's rumor not being true.

As for that alcom.ch link, I don't know what it is and if it is reliable, @Erian1Mortal, that site seems German, do you know anything about it?
I don't believe he'd mess with people so hard a day away from the biggest reveal-athon in gaming purely to drum up some hype for something which he'd obviously have knowledge of whether it was on the table or not.

Covering his butt by linking to that article and stating that Capcom needs to be "convinced" while simultaneously saying "It's happening this E3" is about as close as he can possibly get to shouting it at people without getting in trouble for it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
and stating that Capcom needs to be "convinced"

And also stating "Sorry to burst your bubble" pointing out the update that article got, adding that Nils was in fact the candidate for DmC, and that the rumor was thus false.

My guess is that he got to know about the DMC5 rumor regarding this Nils guy, indeed believing something was up, and posted it. Then he found out it was referring to DmC through that very article's update and gave people the heads up in the comments.

Maxman

I still find it rather suspicious that both of these guys tweeting as fans when E3 is just around the corner

Veloran

And also stating "Sorry to burst your bubble" pointing out the update that article got, adding that Nils was in fact the candidate for DmC, and that the rumor was thus false.

My guess is that he got to know about the DMC5 rumor regarding this Nils guy, indeed believing something was up, and posted it. Then he found out it was referring to DmC through that very article's update and gave people the heads up in the comments.
Except that article was edited many hours before Reuben linked it, and even his other posts said nothing about having been confused about the rumor being false or things changing.

... And, obviously, he would probably be among the first to know about any new VAs or whether or not any rumors were true or false.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Except that article was edited many hours before Reuben linked it

Then probably he heard about the rumor beforehand, and posted the article to disprove it himself. Hence why in the comments he incited people to read the article instead of just reading the headline, as people were taking it as confirmation instead of a debunk.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I am talking about the Langdon posting the meme pic and Dan asking if people would be on board for 5

I don't find it suspicious. They are aware of the very recent DMC5 rumors and being fans of the series like us, they posted memes and stuff. It's the internet, nothing out of the ordinary to me.

Veloran

Then probably he heard about the rumor beforehand, and posted the article to disprove it himself. Hence why in the comments he incited people to read the article instead of just reading the headline, as people were taking it as confirmation instead of a debunk.
So if it was to disprove the rumor, why did his tweet say "E3 2016: Devil May Cry 5 Is Happening", instead of, you know, "not"? It's obvious misleading that gives him cover to say that.

Moreover, his reasoning makes no sense. He said it was to get people riled up so they would go at Capcom to ask for the game - However, back when that original mocap pic was posted months ago, they actually got in a bit of trouble for it with Capcom, who asked them to take it down because people were really incensed about wanting a new game and bothering them about it.

So basically, with this Reuben would have done exactly what he was explicitly told not to do.

Unless it's real. In which case he has an out with a solid excuse for having teased people so hard, and Capcom doesn't need to put up with fan demands too much because the reveal is literally two or three days away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom